The exhaust note is quite fine. Very quiet in tour (until you hit 3500 RPM when the gates open)
In Sport or Track it is plenty loud. Youtube does not do it justice.
I recently was fortunate enough to hear my car in a video doing a hard 1 mile pull heading away from the camera and then coming back just as hard. Ya the sound is awsome. Exhaust and supercharger sound great.

D
Awesome! It never sounds the same in the cab. I noticed that on some of my old vehicles. When someone else gets the opportunity to drive it and you see it pull away. Its a good feeling knowing it sounds that good!

I guess that's a good idea if you put anyone in charge of an oil change, just to let them know how we treat our babies! I've always loved weather tech too, nothing beats them! Never really thought about it on this vehicle yet. I don't plan to ever drive it in the rain, and hope to keep dirty people out of it lol. The track is literally a 15 min drive up the street. I do plan on spending some time there, because I know I will be a magnet enjoying this vehicle elsewhere. Still on the fence about the school however.. I'll see how I do next summer and if I feel I need it, I will have the opportunity to enjoy the discounted price next fall. :cool:

What great conversation and you are awesome ... it's only my sophomore year in Corvette Ownership and I still envy others with their deliveries.

A surprise for you may be that my weathertechs are primarily for sand (yes sand) as I am blessed with beach-life during the summer in Alberta.
The weathertech cargo mat keeps my crap from sliding back and forth in the back hatch area (you will find that need in short time).
Oh yes, those weathertechs still do come in very useful on the rare occasion when there is rain on your parade ... tested that myself ... argh!

As for Stingrays ... get your butt to Ron Fellows! I moved up in my Stingray to run with Z06 when the instructors see that in "the Driver".
I did not like it, but I gave it an honest whirl and scary-surprised myself.
With a "been-there-done-it", I asked to join the "Fever" again (that's what a group of Stingrays in the ocean is called - lol)
As far as my feeling of being humbled by Z06 ... I will attest that every Z06 Owner there was definitely humbled by every Instructor in their Camaros.
Ron Fellows will change you and better you in so many ways. I would have otherwise never had the hands-on experience to say that it is the Driver and not the High Performance Beauties that makes the difference. I absolutely get you with the "can't settle for lesser" aspect ... I have that same "demon" for not settling on a Stingray without its full factory compliment.

The instructors will share some stories about what happens when Driver relies on the super-car to do all the "work"...
and then they watched us on the track :Woohoo:it was such and entertaining part of the lectures.

These book up quickly by the way .... snooze and loose

Reactions: 2018carbonz06
I'm getting very discouraged planning a shelter... I'm wanting to build a garage which is still currently my plan. I've got tonnes of space to do so. I live on acreage. All our driveways are just crushed gravel. I know this is not ideal for any car especially not this one... So my plan was to get the footings and slab poured, then build away. Talking to my concrete guy its gonna cost me about $7k probably to get footings and slab poured. I was planning a 16'x32' footprint as I figured I could squeeze my scissor lift in the back and use the extra dry storage. Building this myself its probably gonna end up being a $15k endeavor. I really was not hoping to spend this much. I've built many outdoor buildings usually 14'x24' myself for about $6k all said and done just on pier blocks with wood foundation, insulated, shingle roof, smarty board siding.

My end all question is does anyone have any suggestions for cheaper storage that will be relatively maintenance free? I don't want the undercarriage to rust, or the interior to mold. I want this car to be stored as new.. Just throwing ideas around before I jump in head over heels. Machines are ready and waiting here as were putting in some catch basins already to battle water in the crawlspace. Thanks for any input.

Im starting a new thread for this hoping to get some more attention...

Only word I have for you Dave is build your garage as big as you can possibly afford.... Eat Kraft dinner for a year if you have too but double the 'what you think you need' size. Breaking ground, mobilizing equipment, labour and materials is a good majority chunk of the base cost. The extra 500 square feet is half the cost of the first 500..... Been there!

I have to say it's the fastest car I've ever driven! Got to enjoy it about a week before I took the plates off for the season. I ended up getting sold on the 7 year/80km extended warranty, got 1k off msrp for a total of $2597 which i thought was fair. I also got full 7 year replacement warranty for $4257 which also reimburses all deductibles on most claims including key fobs, hit and runs, windshields. I don't think I got it revved over 4000 rpm yet. I've never had a car I could not mash the pedal. I can't wait for summer and to take it to the track! It was worth every penny! Don't like the quiet idle, but love the roar when you step into it!!
20171027_161137.jpg
20171027_161044.jpg

The exhaust note is quite fine. Very quiet in tour (until you hit 3500 RPM when the gates open)
In Sport or Track it is plenty loud. Youtube does not do it justice.
I recently was fortunate enough to hear my car in a video doing a hard 1 mile pull heading away from the camera and then coming back just as hard. Ya the sound is awsome. Exhaust and supercharger sound great.

D
I would not know as I had my eyes closed and had stopped breathing the moment you said sure hop in. Jeffy

Reactions: ddgermann
I am really starting to doubt wanting the warranty after pretty much not one person has told me to do so. I just over worry about a seat, navigation, anything electrical going wrong. I'm sure if something is bound to go wrong it will happen in the first few years which is included.... Not gonna lie I also have a impatient attitude for aftermarkets that tends to void warranties. I have voided a sierras warranty lifting it 6" with 1000km, and a cummins warranty tuning it with 200km on it lol. I really wanted to leave this vehicle stock but exhaust, intake, supercharger pully, porting stuff could really just be a matter of time. Even tho I would like to leave this vehicle collector status...

I don't think my friend even had 2000 km on his car before upgrading to this on his Z06:
Upgraded.jpg

950hp later, this is the result: :rofl:

I don't think my friend even had 2000 km on his car before upgrading to this on his Z06:
View attachment 12662

950hp later, this is the result: :rofl:

Nice burnout... but any corvette can do that. (don't get me wrong, I could watch others destroy their tires all day.... love that stuff)
Riley I would love to see a PDR of that Z, hammer down from 100 kph to...infinity? I expect that would be highly impressive as with the HP that car should go to the redline in the top gear.

Sweet looking setup though. looks like nice work.

What a ride it would be....right Jeffy :)

Nice burnout... but any corvette can do that. (don't get me wrong, I could watch others destroy their tires all day.... love that stuff)

Hahahaha. True enough! Even my 93 Sierra will do a burnout (although it doesn't sound nearly as good. It's close but not quite there :D)
I'll let him know the next time he's in Mexico with the car that the challenge has been thrown his way for an acceleration run.

Hahahaha. True enough! Even my 93 Sierra will do a burnout (although it doesn't sound nearly as good. It's close but not quite there :D)
I'll let him know the next time he's in Mexico with the car that the challenge has been thrown his way for an acceleration run.

Whew....that makes me feel better Riley.... I was thinking 22 seconds for that 40 foot run wasn't that great..street tires or not....:eek:

:rofl:

Great burnout Riley.

Did anyone see the video sometime ago of the C7 doing a burnout with huge amounts of smoke, except the rear wheels never turned a single revolution? Tires are one thing but a clutch burnout was truly epic. The guy had no clue what he had just done. Hate to laugh at someones misfortune but it really was funny. I have to look for the video.

Pretty sure that would be some epic PDR there. I’m trying to imagine the pull that car must have at 200 kph. Compared to mine. (Allegedly).

Wow :angelic:

Great burnout Riley.

Did anyone see the video sometime ago of the C7 doing a burnout with huge amounts of smoke, except the rear wheels never turned a single revolution? Tires are one thing but a clutch burnout was truly epic. The guy had no clue what he had just done. Hate to laugh at someones misfortune but it really was funny. I have to look for the video.

I saw a vid of a guy in a yellow C6 doing the awesome clutch burnout. He really got into it to... and had no clue. Huge smoke show. Imagine not knowing the difference in the smell. I think his buddy filming was laughing his head off. I know I was.

:Hurray:

Spun my clutch in my Chevelle, although I knew it was weak. It took me all of 3 seconds to push the clutch peddle back in with the smell and noticing the speedometer wasn't climbing. Anyone who destroys their clutch would have to be absolutely clueless to the smell and not watching any gauges.........but it still makes for a funny video! :D

out of curiosity how much to replace a clutch in one of these. Jeff
Pretty early to tell Jeff as most the C7's are all still under at least a powertrain warranty. I haven't heard of anyone having to pay for a factory clutch replacement yet. To be on the safe side, I would want to have about $ 2,000.00 saved up if I thought I was going to need a clutch soon. That's only based on a clutch and pressure plate R & R on my truck a couple years ago. (F250 Ford Diesel). It may be a totally different beast trying to change one on the C7....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.