Picking up 2018 z06 in couple days

Discussion in 'New Users' started by 2018carbonz06, Oct 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. 2018carbonz06

2018carbonz06 Member

Featured Threads:
    Car:
    2018 z06 3lz
    Awesome! It never sounds the same in the cab. I noticed that on some of my old vehicles. When someone else gets the opportunity to drive it and you see it pull away. Its a good feeling knowing it sounds that good!

2. SN-III

SN-III High RPM Poster

Featured Threads:
    Car:
    16LBR-His&17SBM-Hers
    What great conversation and you are awesome ... it's only my sophomore year in Corvette Ownership and I still envy others with their deliveries.

A surprise for you may be that my weathertechs are primarily for sand (yes sand) as I am blessed with beach-life during the summer in Alberta.
    The weathertech cargo mat keeps my crap from sliding back and forth in the back hatch area (you will find that need in short time).
    Oh yes, those weathertechs still do come in very useful on the rare occasion when there is rain on your parade ... tested that myself ... argh!

As for Stingrays ... get your butt to Ron Fellows! I moved up in my Stingray to run with Z06 when the instructors see that in "the Driver".
    I did not like it, but I gave it an honest whirl and scary-surprised myself.
    With a "been-there-done-it", I asked to join the "Fever" again (that's what a group of Stingrays in the ocean is called - lol)
    As far as my feeling of being humbled by Z06 ... I will attest that every Z06 Owner there was definitely humbled by every Instructor in their Camaros.
    Ron Fellows will change you and better you in so many ways. I would have otherwise never had the hands-on experience to say that it is the Driver and not the High Performance Beauties that makes the difference. I absolutely get you with the "can't settle for lesser" aspect ... I have that same "demon" for not settling on a Stingray without its full factory compliment.

The instructors will share some stories about what happens when Driver relies on the super-car to do all the "work"...
    and then they watched us on the track :Woohoo:it was such and entertaining part of the lectures.

These book up quickly by the way .... snooze and loose

2018carbonz06 likes this.
  3. Rruuff Day

Rruuff Day
    Staff Member

Featured Threads:
    Car:
    2015 C7 3LT ZF1
    Map
    Only word I have for you Dave is build your garage as big as you can possibly afford.... Eat Kraft dinner for a year if you have too but double the 'what you think you need' size. Breaking ground, mobilizing equipment, labour and materials is a good majority chunk of the base cost. The extra 500 square feet is half the cost of the first 500..... Been there!

2018carbonz06 and ddgermann like this.
  4. 2018carbonz06

2018carbonz06 Member

Featured Threads:
    Car:
    2018 z06 3lz
    I have to say it's the fastest car I've ever driven! Got to enjoy it about a week before I took the plates off for the season. I ended up getting sold on the 7 year/80km extended warranty, got 1k off msrp for a total of $2597 which i thought was fair. I also got full 7 year replacement warranty for $4257 which also reimburses all deductibles on most claims including key fobs, hit and runs, windshields. I don't think I got it revved over 4000 rpm yet. I've never had a car I could not mash the pedal. I can't wait for summer and to take it to the track! It was worth every penny! Don't like the quiet idle, but love the roar when you step into it!! 20171027_161137.jpg 20171027_161044.jpg

5. Jeffer2013

Jeffer2013 Active Member

Featured Threads:
    Car:
    2016 Base DSOM
    I would not know as I had my eyes closed and had stopped breathing the moment you said sure hop in. Jeffy

ddgermann likes this.
  6. Riley P

Riley P
    Staff Member

Featured Threads:
    Car:
    2000 Z51
    I don't think my friend even had 2000 km on his car before upgrading to this on his Z06:
    Upgraded.jpg

950hp later, this is the result: :rofl:

7. ddgermann

ddgermann Well-Known Member

Featured Threads:
    Car:
    2017 Z06
    Nice burnout... but any corvette can do that. (don't get me wrong, I could watch others destroy their tires all day.... love that stuff)
    Riley I would love to see a PDR of that Z, hammer down from 100 kph to...infinity? I expect that would be highly impressive as with the HP that car should go to the redline in the top gear.

Sweet looking setup though. looks like nice work.

What a ride it would be....right Jeffy :)

8. 2018carbonz06

2018carbonz06 Member

Featured Threads:
    Car:
    2018 z06 3lz
    I didn't know people had supercharged and turbocharged at the same time? That's pretty kick ass! Sky's the limit if you have the funds I guess!

9. Riley P

Riley P
    Staff Member

Featured Threads:
    Car:
    2000 Z51
    Hahahaha. True enough! Even my 93 Sierra will do a burnout (although it doesn't sound nearly as good. It's close but not quite there :D)
    I'll let him know the next time he's in Mexico with the car that the challenge has been thrown his way for an acceleration run.

10. Rruuff Day

Rruuff Day
    Staff Member

Featured Threads:
    Car:
    2015 C7 3LT ZF1
    Map
    Whew....that makes me feel better Riley.... I was thinking 22 seconds for that 40 foot run wasn't that great..street tires or not....:eek:

:rofl:

Riley P, 2018carbonz06 and ddgermann like this.
  11. Black 03 Z06

Black 03 Z06 High RPM Poster

Featured Threads:
    Car:
    2003 Z06
    Great burnout Riley.

Did anyone see the video sometime ago of the C7 doing a burnout with huge amounts of smoke, except the rear wheels never turned a single revolution? Tires are one thing but a clutch burnout was truly epic. The guy had no clue what he had just done. Hate to laugh at someones misfortune but it really was funny. I have to look for the video.

2018carbonz06 and nascar03 like this.
  12. Black 03 Z06

Black 03 Z06 High RPM Poster

Featured Threads:
    Car:
    2003 Z06
    Hope this works…..

13. ddgermann

Featured Threads:
    Car:
    2017 Z06
    Pretty sure that would be some epic PDR there. I’m trying to imagine the pull that car must have at 200 kph. Compared to mine. (Allegedly).

Wow :angelic:

14. ddgermann

Featured Threads:
    Car:
    2017 Z06
    I saw a vid of a guy in a yellow C6 doing the awesome clutch burnout. He really got into it to... and had no clue. Huge smoke show. Imagine not knowing the difference in the smell. I think his buddy filming was laughing his head off. I know I was.

:Hurray:

15. Riley P

Riley P
    Staff Member

Featured Threads:
    Car:
    2000 Z51
    Spun my clutch in my Chevelle, although I knew it was weak. It took me all of 3 seconds to push the clutch peddle back in with the smell and noticing the speedometer wasn't climbing. Anyone who destroys their clutch would have to be absolutely clueless to the smell and not watching any gauges.........but it still makes for a funny video! :D

ddgermann likes this.
  16. Jeffer2013

Jeffer2013 Active Member

Featured Threads:
    Car:
    2016 Base DSOM
    out of curiosity how much to replace a clutch in one of these. Jeff

17. Rruuff Day

Rruuff Day
    Staff Member

Featured Threads:
    Car:
    2015 C7 3LT ZF1
    Map
    Pretty early to tell Jeff as most the C7's are all still under at least a powertrain warranty. I haven't heard of anyone having to pay for a factory clutch replacement yet. To be on the safe side, I would want to have about $ 2,000.00 saved up if I thought I was going to need a clutch soon. That's only based on a clutch and pressure plate R & R on my truck a couple years ago. (F250 Ford Diesel). It may be a totally different beast trying to change one on the C7....

ddgermann likes this.
  18. Cruzin

Cruzin Active Member

Car:
    1990 ZR-1
    Welcome aboard Carbon Z, you will find like I have that CCF is a nice place to visit with great guys who have the passion which is Corvette. Like the color combination of your C7 as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted