Dave your Sat radio and onstar are free off the hop so use them. 6 months I think. Just in time for expiration in the spring. Lol
Maybe you can get it deferred till spring. They are quite flexible and accommodating.
Personally I like the onstar. It is great to be able to check in with the car from the app when I’m overseas and the notifications I receive for any funny business from the sensors being set off while parked. That has been tested when my daughter sat in the Z while I went into 711. The motion detection inside caught her and I got a text message while in the store.

To each his own but my car is unsupervised for months on end so for me it is a must have. :thumbs:

Good call Derek! I will see if they can extend it, or defer it til its usable. I will definitely use the free trial as much as I can! I do love the sat radio too, unfortunately I live near lots of trees in a rural area. All my drives in previous vehicles sounds like a scratched cd and it made the sat radio not enjoyable. I can enjoy free music downloaded to my phone once the trial is over. I will give the onstar the benefit of the doubt and try it out, see if any of the new features over the years interests me. However, if I chose to get all the monthly subscriptions offered through everyone I would not afford to live haha.

Reactions: ddgermann
Dave your Sat radio and onstar are free off the hop so use them. 6 months I think. Just in time for expiration in the spring. Lol
Maybe you can get it deferred till spring. They are quite flexible and accommodating.
Personally I like the onstar. It is great to be able to check in with the car from the app when I’m overseas and the notifications I receive for any funny business from the sensors being set off while parked. That has been tested when my daughter sat in the Z while I went into 711. The motion detection inside caught her and I got a text message while in the store.

To each his own but my car is unsupervised for months on end so for me it is a must have. :thumbs:

I believe the basic onstar is 5 years included ... not a problem with that.
It's the perpetual adding of cell phone minutes and wifi data and the upgraded "if you crash" stuff ... that is discretional for me ...

I believe the basic onstar is 5 years included ... not a problem with that.
It's the perpetual adding of cell phone minutes and wifi data and the upgraded "if you crash" stuff ... that is discretional for me ...

I don’t buy minutes for the car phone anymore. Just use my cell.
I pay $30 a month for full coverage including guidance, crash coverage... etc.

Not gonna lie, ill probably be spending all my time in the garage figuring everything out until spring lol.

Bought mine in 2016 ... just in time to run 1000km and then store it !
Been there ... done it ... all Winter Long !
Got to the figuring out of the Apple Car Play in March 2017 (because that is left for the end) ...
besides ... what's the rush eh?

Bought mine in 2016 ... just in time to run 1000km and then store it !
Been there ... done it ... all Winter Long !
Got to the figuring out of the Apple Car Play in March 2017 (because that is left for the end) ...
besides ... what's the rush eh?

I know..whats the rush is right. I love sitting in the car waiting for Michelle as I play with all the settings and find new features. The problem is remembering all that stuff and actually using it.
Although i'm now finding and using specific dash and performance set ups that I have tried and liked for certain days or roads. So it is coming a bit clearer and slowly all the different configurations are being sorted and used for specific driving. It really is remarkable just how many modes and display options are there for us. One of my favorites is the shifting lights above the tach. They work good as I recently tested them too.:Biggrin:

Good call Derek! I will see if they can extend it, or defer it til its usable. I will definitely use the free trial as much as I can! I do love the sat radio too, unfortunately I live near lots of trees in a rural area. All my drives in previous vehicles sounds like a scratched cd and it made the sat radio not enjoyable. I can enjoy free music downloaded to my phone once the trial is over. I will give the onstar the benefit of the doubt and try it out, see if any of the new features over the years interests me. However, if I chose to get all the monthly subscriptions offered through everyone I would not afford to live haha.

We just replace my wife's car and I ask them not to activate the 3 month satelite radio so we can activate it la little latter to use it on our way to Florida, it must be good for you to.

We just replace my wife's car and I ask them not to activate the 3 month satelite radio so we can activate it la little latter to use it on our way to Florida, it must be good for you to.

Nice that's good to know, as I really don't need it activated until late spring! Definitely bringing that up during pickup! They said pickup is gonna take two hours, I guess there's a lot of stuff to go over. I'm probably only gonna be able to put a few hundred clicks on it this year if I'm lucky. Weather down here is being pretty ridiculous.

If you can defer your onstar and the xm radio until spring, that will trim down the pickup time somewhat I would think. They will sync your phone for you, help you set up your keyfob, seat position.... stuff like that. They mean well but it's all stuff you can do yourself with the help of the owners manual.
I picked mine up just a bit earlier than you in 2015. Winter arrived with 187 km showing on the odo...:(. But I had coffee with her every morning before work and in February she got her first wax and detail.... lol.... That has become a yearly winter ritual....

Hello everyone, I've been watching this forum for the last 6 months or so while I've been shopping for my new z06. Finally bit the bullet and grabbed a 2018 z06 at. I am picking it up next few days. Managed to grind them down 7% off the msrp after haggling for what seemed hours. I'm considering the extended warranty for 7 years/60km as I don't plan to drive it overwhelmingly. Retail is about 3300, they did sat I can barter it down. Just wondering what others have gotten it down to in British Columbia? Been dreaming of this car for way too long. Wondering if there is anything in particular I should know about it?? Thanks for the help!
Good on you with the haggling - 7% discount - very good!! Gorgeous car - too much HP for me - I am fine with my C7; although, if my car had been a Z06 when I saw it at the Langley dealership, I probably would have bought it because I fell in love with the color. I would not pay for additional warranty: I've owned 4 corvettes and only had a water pump go in my C4 and it was very inexpensive to replace; however, perhaps with a Z06, there is more that could go wrong post expiration of the warranty? If I had bought a Porsche I may have paid for an extended warranty - maybe? Enjoy your car and drive it!!

I'm getting very discouraged planning a shelter... I'm wanting to build a garage which is still currently my plan. I've got tonnes of space to do so. I live on acreage. All our driveways are just crushed gravel. I know this is not ideal for any car especially not this one... So my plan was to get the footings and slab poured, then build away. Talking to my concrete guy its gonna cost me about $7k probably to get footings and slab poured. I was planning a 16'x32' footprint as I figured I could squeeze my scissor lift in the back and use the extra dry storage. Building this myself its probably gonna end up being a $15k endeavor. I really was not hoping to spend this much. I've built many outdoor buildings usually 14'x24' myself for about $6k all said and done just on pier blocks with wood foundation, insulated, shingle roof, smarty board siding.

My end all question is does anyone have any suggestions for cheaper storage that will be relatively maintenance free? I don't want the undercarriage to rust, or the interior to mold. I want this car to be stored as new.. Just throwing ideas around before I jump in head over heels. Machines are ready and waiting here as were putting in some catch basins already to battle water in the crawlspace. Thanks for any input.

Im starting a new thread for this hoping to get some more attention...

Last edited:
You can't go wrong with the heated garage for your vette. Just make sure its wide enough so your Z06 has nothing near it... you don't have to worry too much about rust as your car is aluminum framed and plastic..haha.
You at least have room to build and can just walk out and see your Z anytime Dave. I have to rent a garage for my H1 and Corvette as we only have a single garage at home. and the wife's H3 owns it over the winter. I'm Jealous..:Cryin:

Reactions: 2018carbonz06
Good on you with the haggling - 7% discount - very good!! Gorgeous car - too much HP for me - I am fine with my C7; although, if my car had been a Z06 when I saw it at the Langley dealership, I probably would have bought it because I fell in love with the color. I would not pay for additional warranty: I've owned 4 corvettes and only had a water pump go in my C4 and it was very inexpensive to replace; however, perhaps with a Z06, there is more that could go wrong post expiration of the warranty? If I had bought a Porsche I may have paid for an extended warranty - maybe? Enjoy your car and drive it!!

I am really starting to doubt wanting the warranty after pretty much not one person has told me to do so. I just over worry about a seat, navigation, anything electrical going wrong. I'm sure if something is bound to go wrong it will happen in the first few years which is included.... Not gonna lie I also have a impatient attitude for aftermarkets that tends to void warranties. I have voided a sierras warranty lifting it 6" with 1000km, and a cummins warranty tuning it with 200km on it lol. I really wanted to leave this vehicle stock but exhaust, intake, supercharger pully, porting stuff could really just be a matter of time. Even tho I would like to leave this vehicle collector status...

You can't go wrong with the heated garage for your vette. Just make sure its wide enough so your Z06 has nothing near it... you don't have to worry too much about rust as your car is aluminum framed and plastic..haha.
You at least have room to build and can just walk out and see your Z anytime Dave. I have to rent a garage for my H1 and Corvette as we only have a single garage at home. and the wife's H3 owns it over the winter. I'm Jealous..:Cryin:

Yes I started wanting it 14' wide and figured if I'm pouring a slab already, the extra 2 feet will be more comfortable. At this point 2 feet ain't gonna cost anything. Makes me feel better that its plastic and aluminum haha. I've thrown the idea around about renting storage as well. I just don't see myself enjoying it as much not seeing it when I get home from work everyday. Haha. Ill just have separation anxiety not knowing its just a quick look out the window away hahaha...

I am really starting to doubt wanting the warranty after pretty much not one person has told me to do so. I just over worry about a seat, navigation, anything electrical going wrong. I'm sure if something is bound to go wrong it will happen in the first few years which is included.... Not gonna lie I also have a impatient attitude for aftermarkets that tends to void warranties. I have voided a sierras warranty lifting it 6" with 1000km, and a cummins warranty tuning it with 200km on it lol. I really wanted to leave this vehicle stock but exhaust, intake, supercharger pully, porting stuff could really just be a matter of time. Even tho I would like to leave this vehicle collector status...

You will likely find your Z06 will not need any performance enhancements that may void your warranty. Unless you are competing on a track routinely this car has all you need and more. The Z06 out of the box is a seriously high performance ride with the reliability of factory tuning. Yes you can do lots with the Z06 to amp it up but for public road and light track use...I would be surprised to hear you would want to.
Remember you can buy the extended warranty later on too if you change your mind.
D

You will likely find your Z06 will not need any performance enhancements that may void your warranty. Unless you are competing on a track routinely this car has all you need and more. The Z06 out of the box is a seriously high performance ride with the reliability of factory tuning. Yes you can do lots with the Z06 to amp it up but for public road and light track use...I would be surprised to hear you would want to.
Remember you can buy the extended warranty later on too if you change your mind.
D

This is why we bought the Z06!! I knew if I settled on the stingray I would amp it up, knowing the Z06s would destroy me. I'm just hoping the exhaust is loud enough... Your happy with the notes in the exhaust?? Obviously we don't want annoyingly loud, but I do like my stuff loud!

I have been happy keeping my specimens as they are. Enjoyed my first modification of finding the "Mobil 1" sticker and placing it in the designated spot under the hood. Then I added weather tech floor and cargo mats, a nice car cover. Then no more spent. Went to Ron Fellows, enjoyed the hell out of a Stingray (and you have a Z06). So, have I said enough to advocate spending that extra cash on the driver for a once within-a-year experience before changing that your awesome ride already has ??? I'm sure others will concur (even if your sights are on the track). Cheers :thumbs:

On the exhaust tone ... you will be able to find that tone without going into Sport or Track Mode ... as those modes may disable some of the other aspects that you don't want changed. I have the same exhaust tone regardless of my mode ... just one of the things that will take a Winter to find.

This is why we bought the Z06!! I knew if I settled on the stingray I would amp it up, knowing the Z06s would destroy me. I'm just hoping the exhaust is loud enough... Your happy with the notes in the exhaust?? Obviously we don't want annoyingly loud, but I do like my stuff loud!

The exhaust note is quite fine. Very quiet in tour (until you hit 3500 RPM when the gates open)
In Sport or Track it is plenty loud. Youtube does not do it justice.
I recently was fortunate enough to hear my car in a video doing a hard 1 mile pull heading away from the camera and then coming back just as hard. Ya the sound is awsome. Exhaust and supercharger sound great.

D

I have been happy keeping my specimens as they are. Enjoyed my first modification of finding the "Mobil 1" sticker and placing it in the designated spot under the hood. Then I added weather tech floor and cargo mats, a nice car cover. Then no more spent. Went to Ron Fellows, enjoyed the hell out of a Stingray (and you have a Z06). So, have I said enough to advocate spending that extra cash on the driver for a once within-a-year experience before changing that your awesome ride already has ??? I'm sure others will concur (even if your sights are on the track). Cheers :thumbs:

I guess that's a good idea if you put anyone in charge of an oil change, just to let them know how we treat our babies! I've always loved weather tech too, nothing beats them! Never really thought about it on this vehicle yet. I don't plan to ever drive it in the rain, and hope to keep dirty people out of it lol. The track is literally a 15 min drive up the street. I do plan on spending some time there, because I know I will be a magnet enjoying this vehicle elsewhere. Still on the fence about the school however.. I'll see how I do next summer and if I feel I need it, I will have the opportunity to enjoy the discounted price next fall. :cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.