Naaa just wait a few months... I seem to be trading them in at a rate of 0.75 per year! All with under 10k mileage, new tires, an acre of Xpel and lots of carbon fibre. :Banghead:
I'd like to consider one maybe in 2 years,maybe 3. I have other things that need attention first though. If it don't happen,I'm happy with this.

I'd like to consider one maybe in 2 years,maybe 3. I have other things that need attention first though. If it don't happen,I'm happy with this.
As you should be Mike. Your car is great. I really enjoyed my C6Z. It felt so quick, nimble and light. I felt a difference getting in the C7. Not bad just a bit different feel to it. I love the colour. If not black that blue would be my choice. :thumbs:

Reactions: MikeysZ06
As you should be Mike. Your car is great. I really enjoyed my C6Z. It felt so quick, nimble and light. I felt a difference getting in the C7. Not bad just a bit different feel to it. I love the colour. If not black that blue would be my choice. :thumbs:
I've yet to drive a C7 of any model but as a passenger in Spence's only for a short trip and no real acceleration. I sure like the seats. The open roof is cool,I like that. The single dial dash cluster and all the colours is what I look strangely at. That would take some getting used to. The tech stuff shown is cool but I'm still partial to the 2 big dials. I'll be ok with this if I never own or drive a C7. I'm nowhere in the league of any of you guys to even really be thinking about it to be honest.

That's the one colour I could never own,black. No... I like em but,only other people's cars. I couldn't keep it looking like the examples some of you members have. I'd be on heavy meds from the stress,or hitting the bottle.

I've yet to drive a C7 of any model but as a passenger in Spence's only for a short trip and no real acceleration. I sure like the seats. The open roof is cool,I like that. The single dial dash cluster and all the colours is what I look strangely at. That would take some getting used to. The tech stuff shown is cool but I'm still partial to the 2 big dials. I'll be ok with this if I never own or drive a C7. I'm nowhere in the league of any of you guys to even really be thinking about it to be honest.

That's is true about the interior comforts of the C7. I definitely found the seats are better. The dash configuration takes some getting used to. You can set it to look old school with a simple tach on the screen but I would bet that wouldn't last long as there are dozens of things you can put inside the tach. I get a laugh out of the number of speedos one can have at one time. Last count was 3 I think. Haha.
Good low km C7s are becoming more and more affordable now and once the C8 comes out, my expectation is they will be really easy to get for a great price. My first C6 and C7 were "preowned" and both virtually perfect cars.
Frankly your car is awesome and moving to a C7 is not that big of a deal if you love it. Which you clearly do Mike.
Personally for me it's a toss up as far as looks go between the C6 and C7Zs. I really like the look of both. :)

Those are some great pictures!!!! Thanks for posting the up! The 70 looks fantastic!

As for the C7 C6Z debate. I'd love either! I keep telling myself I'll move up to one or the other in 8 years (that was 3 years ago). I'm still 8 years away but enjoying the C5 even more as the days go on. I hope to never drive a C6Z or C7 until the day I can afford to get one as I don't want to know what I'm missing. :D

Those are some great pictures!!!! Thanks for posting the up! The 70 looks fantastic!

As for the C7 C6Z debate. I'd love either! I keep telling myself I'll move up to one or the other in 8 years (that was 3 years ago). I'm still 8 years away but enjoying the C5 even more as the days go on. I hope to never drive a C6Z or C7 until the day I can afford to get one as I don't want to know what I'm missing. :D
Yes, test driving a new (to you) Corvette is kind of like going to a pet store and holding a new puppy. It is pretty hard to leave without taking it home! Unless you are ready for the jump it is best to observe from a safe distance. Heaven knows the C7's are tempting me....

Well guys I have never driven a C5 so other than the seats and ridiculous amounts of dash tech it may be the other way around and I better not try one. All that bling in the C7 that becomes set to one or 2 configurations eventually doesn't influence how the car feels to drive. The Performances control would be the big one here. But again... how many of us actually use it other than sport/touring/weather. The track settings are cool and I know lots of you actually use them but likely most of us don't.
I really like the C7 but I'll as I've said there is a difference the way the C6 felt to drive. Frankly thinking back on the street I think the C6 felt sportier. On the track ok C7 has taken another step but the C6 isn't far behind. Both Zs with Mag ride and manuals. Anybody else have a thought on this?

If you ever get yours to Calgary Riley. I know a nice road you could drive mine.

Reactions: ddgermann
I dare not drive a C7 as I love my c6 and it is way more car than I can drive around here. Ripping through the gears on a manual never grows old but I certainly am thankful for cruise control or would be just sitting and looking at the beauty. If we had a road course track then I might have a different opinion, if the better half let me have one :) :Biggrin:

Well guys I have never driven a C5 so other than the seats and ridiculous amounts of dash tech it may be the other way around and I better not try one. All that bling in the C7 that becomes set to one or 2 configurations eventually doesn't influence how the car feels to drive. The Performances control would be the big one here. But again... how many of us actually use it other than sport/touring/weather. The track settings are cool and I know lots of you actually use them but likely most of us don't.
I really like the C7 but I'll as I've said there is a difference the way the C6 felt to drive. Frankly thinking back on the street I think the C6 felt sportier. On the track ok C7 has taken another step but the C6 isn't far behind. Both Zs with Mag ride and manuals. Anybody else have a thought on this?

From my research, oddly enough, it seems that with every generation change, the car gets more refined and loses the "sportscar" feel. So, I understand your comment about the C6 feeling sportier, even though the C7 is more capable.....as funny as that sounds.

If you ever get yours to Calgary Riley. I know a nice road you could drive mine.

Geeeeeeeze, that is insane and so nice of you to offer. I'd honestly be slightly terrified to drive your car. :D

IMG_3335.JPG
All I'd ask is keep the shiny side up and you'd be fine!! And,she's pretty shiny this Labor Day Riley.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.