Mar 29, 2024
Niagara Region
VetteCoins
Car
2024 C8 Z51 HTC 2LT
Province
ON
Show & Shine benefitting the Niagara Children's Centre at Brian Cullen Motors. Sunday July 21 2024, rain or shine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240411_182835_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240411_182835_Chrome.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 0
Congratulations, Scott.
What exactly does the "Class Winner C8" get judged on, and by whom?
Corvettes from C1 through C8 were judged today on:
Exterior Body-Condition, cleanliness and fit
Exterior Paint-Condition and cleanliness
Exterior Chrome and Stainless-Condition and Cleanliness for those classes of Corvettes that applies
Wheels and Tires-Condition and cleanliness of outer and visible inner wheel area
Wheel Wells and Visible Frame/Suspension-cleanliness
Glass and Weatherstrip-condition and cleanliness side windows up
Upholstery - Condition and cleanliness with doors open
Carpet and Mats-Condition and cleanliness
Judged by 3 members of the hosting Corvette Club with 1/2 point deductions for each item missed.
Judging sheets were not returned to see where points were lost.

Reactions: DW Ruby
Ian, I didn't see you there today!
I was going to drop in around 12:30 - 1:00 when I finished playing golf today but after driving down Ontario St. on my way to the course I decided I didn't want to come back up Ontario St. with all the potholes and gravel. I didn't realize they had started working on that part of Ontario St. but it is a good thing, because it needs repaving.

I put the front lift up and crawled along Ontario Street about 100 yards of it until I could turn in at the far driveway which apparently a lot of people scrapped on turning in I was told.

We have a rule at home: 'Never complain about construction.'
Scraping the front end of your Corvette entering into the Dealership may constitute as an exception.

We have a rule at home: 'Never complain about construction.'
Scraping the front end of your Corvette entering into the Dealership may constitute as an exception.
I had heard about the construction in June and just slowed down and put the front lift up. The dealership wasn't far into the construction and the lift engaged prevented me from scrapping and I also took the incline on an angle when turning into the dealership. One of the Niagara Corvette members said to me he could see that I had the front lift up as I was one of the few that didn't scrape coming in up to that point yesterday. No complaints from me, just glad it was only 100 yards or so of it to deal with before the turn.

I had heard about the construction in June and just slowed down and put the front lift up. The dealership wasn't far into the construction and the lift engaged prevented me from scrapping and I also took the incline on an angle when turning into the dealership. One of the Niagara Corvette members said to me he could see that I had the front lift up as I was one of the few that didn't scrape coming in up to that point yesterday. No complaints from me, just glad it was only 100 yards or so of it to deal with before the turn.
An option worth the cost. Even if you use it infrequently. Plus it’s pretty cool to boot. I have been in some areas where you would be in danger of scraping when entering half of the driveways or parking lots. Peace River with its exaggerated curbs for one.

Users who are viewing this thread