Let me know how it turns out. Everywhere the film (xpel) crossed the stripes on my car it left a line where there is approx 1/8 inch of air under the film. I'm told it will get better but somehow I doubt it.

I got 3M done on mine with stripes and I didn't notice anything like that.

I'm in Edmonton (believe you are too?), so if you'd like we can meet up to compare our film over stripes

I got 3M done on mine with stripes and I didn't notice anything like that.

I'm in Edmonton (believe you are too?), so if you'd like we can meet up to compare our film over stripes

Hey Achmed,
I am in Edmonton and would definitely like to do a quick compare. I
Pm me and let's set something up.

PROFORM is hands down the best place in Edmonton. Best paint protection product and prices as well. He computer pre cuts as well as freehands...simply amazing guy. Have had 4 or more personal vehicles done by him. He also is a pro at window tint and vinyl wrap. His name is Chetty. I don't have a player in the game here so to speak just passing on amazing work when I see it like I told him I would...and I am extremely fussy lmao. Tell him Tim sent you. You won't regret taking stuff to him. Wish more businesses took as much pride in their work as he does!

Reactions: Rruuff Day and Nik
Not true on the 3M. Wrapped my entire car with their new pro-skin product. As long as the shop has the tooling, they can cut to any size. The 3M pro skin is a self healing clear coat product. The guy I use rolls ALL the edges so there are no lines on the car. People cannot believe the car is wrapped in clear, it looks amazing....paid $2900

Edit...I see this forum is old and the 3M is a newer product.

If I had to do it again I would have wrapped my entire car. Two weeks ago I park my car at West Edmonton Mall, I know I am an idiot, come back and there is a scratch on my passenger side door. Paint protection would have prevented it. Oh yeah avoiding the mall would have done the same thing. You know how it works though. You park your car in an area where no other car is parked and then you come back and there is a beater parked right by you.

If I had to do it again I would have wrapped my entire car. Two weeks ago I park my car at West Edmonton Mall, I know I am an idiot, come back and there is a scratch on my passenger side door. Paint protection would have prevented it. Oh yeah avoiding the mall would have done the same thing. You know how it works though. You park your car in an area where no other car is parked and then you come back and there is a beater parked right by you.
Ughhhhh.... feeling for you VF. It's tough to totally avoid parking lots. If there's not an end spot (only one side of me to populate), I try to look for the nicest car on the lot, preferably another Corvette to sidle up to. So far so good but I think it's pretty much inevitable.... If we are going to drive our cars, we will all share your pain sooner or later...

Reactions: Tinman
European Auto Tint
p1090708266-6.jpg
did my car complete..did a very good job.
p1133207534-6.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread