Oct 20, 2013
Fort McMurray, AB
VetteCoins
Car
2014 Z51
Hey guys, I'm getting XPEL put on my car ASAP when I get it. Was wondering if anyone has heard anything or has an experience with these companies:

Carpretty (Edmonton)
Firestorm Automotive (Edmonton)
Method Acoustics (Sherwood Park)

They all use the same kits for the protection, prices range within $250 of each other which isn't a huge deal.

Getting full hood, full fenders, mirrors, front bumper, and rocker panels done.

Anyone have any comments on paint protection or have any knowledge of any of these shops?

(My local shop can't do it as they say they don't have the kits available to them yet)

European Auto Tinting - $1400 (Never done a C7 before so he said it might come out to more. I think it likely will.) Had 4 C7 owners call him today so I'm hoping some of them will book before me that they can practice on. Will likely go with this shop due to word of mouth and googled reviews. Will store car indoors at all times and mentioned there 2 alarm systems and insurance lol. Will probably get doors done as well at this price.

Carpretty - $1965 + Tax. Have heard nothing about them.

Firestorm Automotive - $2189 + tax. Recommended by a couple of people, has done 2 C7's. Will store car indoors 24/7.

Method Acoustics - $2200 + tax. Smaller shop, most expensive, dont know much about them.

Wow.

The others seem really expensive. I think I got mine for around 1,000, but I drive a C6, and only did partial hood--but pretty much the same other the that.

I don't think the type of Vette really makes much of a difference on their price. That being said, the newer the car, the higher the price usually....................unless you're driving something older, but mint.

I also seemed to get better pricing live than over the phone--not sure why.

I'd have no hesitation getting the work done at European Tint. I wrote about this in another thread as well. Got my C6 done at Auto Details. They did a good job as well.

Just curious if a rock hits the Expel and damages it which it is likely to do….will they replace it free of cost or do you have to get it done again at your expense? never heard of this expel before… how is it different? :)

Just curious if a rock hits the Expel and damages it which it is likely to do….will they replace it free of cost or do you have to get it done again at your expense? never heard of this expel before… how is it different? :)

Basically, XPEL is a film made of 4 different layers. It is essentially invisible on a car once installed, more so than 3M because it is very smooth. Also, it breathes different than other films so that oxidants do not contaminate it and cause yellowing. Bugs, dirt, smog, etc will cause this over time in other films.

The elastomeric polymer clear coat on the top layer will self heal all surface scratches (quite quickly!) as it will auto level itself. If however, it takes a big gash from a rock and it breaks this layer, the film is compromised just like any other film. It is wax friendly, any car care products can be used on it no problem. They have a demonstration video where they bake an egg on the hood of an R8 and write on it with permanent marker and let it bake in the sun. Comes right off like nothing and there is zero evidence it was ever there.

Comes with a 10 year warranty for yellowing, cracking, peeling, staining and hazing covering both parts and labour. 3M only gives 5 years. And, XPEL can be printed in much larger sheets than 3M, hence doing the entire hood in one sheet. They have cut-outs for every panel and the entire car can be wrapped.

Here is its website if you are curious to know more. XPEL

Every shop I talked to recommended XPEL for any kind of paint protection over 3M. Its the new industry standard, it just costs a little more. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.