Update on my wrap. 398.00 to redo the front end after my incident. Cheap and will look like new versus probably 3k if i had to repaint. Had clear 3m and wrap so paint would have been toast. Any idea what a windshield costs? It has tons of chips
I was quoted $ 1800.00 from my dealer.That was good guy price. Over $ 2000 retail. Heard a glass shop would do for $ 1000.00. Make sure it is HUD glass.

Reactions: Dantanman
Good Day! Now that I have the PPF on they local detailers are pushing Ceramic Coatings to go on top. Has anyone gone down that path yet and if so are you any happier? I was quoted $499 for CQuartz.....

Good Day! Now that I have the PPF on they local detailers are pushing Ceramic Coatings to go on top. Has anyone gone down that path yet and if so are you any happier? I was quoted $499 for CQuartz.....

That’s a pretty great price. Lots of guys put it over the PPF yes. Some with full wraps and some with strategic films do the entire car with ceramic after. I’m not familiar with CQuartz but the large part of the cost is the paint correction prior to the coating application. You must have great paint.
@Toxix Elton is a busy guy and our local CCF detailing expert so maybe he will chime in.

That’s a pretty great price. Lots of guys put it over the PPF yes. Some with full wraps and some with strategic films do the entire car with ceramic after. I’m not familiar with CQuartz but the large part of the cost is the paint correction prior to the coating application. You must have great paint.
@Toxix Elton is a busy guy and our local CCF detailing expert so maybe he will chime in.

Hi all!

After working with several wrap, PPF and vinyl shops I've finally settled on a good one.
Working with a wrap/PPF guy while being a detailer is quite the pain because its so easy to spot so many errors.

I've had work done through A1A Signs, GTAWraps, SekanSkin and Concept Wraps.
The only place I trust at this point is Concept Wraps for anything PPF + Vinyl related. They are certified 3M installer, XPEL Ultimate installer and now a Premium Shield Installer.

Been very happy with their work.
So you were quoted $499 for Cquartz, which version of Cquartz? You need to know this because, at that price it could potentially be an over the counter basic Coating.

Also what PPF are you putting it on? Shoot me a PM if you want to discuss this, we've wrapped, PFF'd and Ceramic Coated 100s of cars by now. There is value to be added if you Ceramic Coat over PPF.

• Winner
Reactions: ddgermann
This car was wrapped entirely in Paint Protection Film and Ceramic Coated right after - Note the extremely highly reflective finish - It'll pretty much stay this way

IMG_20180515_151916_059.jpg

Great look!

Big bucks to prevent rock chips!:chiching:

I agree with you on this - There is no need to use PPF on every single surface of the vehicle, especially ones that are not prone to getting hit. But if you're keeping the car for several years its a good thing to have. PPF is rated for up to 5-7 years anyways. XPEL offers a 10 warranty as well.

Personally I'd just do my front bumper and maybe my mirrors and call it a day.

Reactions: Tin-can
Hi all!

After working with several wrap, PPF and vinyl shops I've finally settled on a good one.
Working with a wrap/PPF guy while being a detailer is quite the pain because its so easy to spot so many errors.

I've had work done through A1A Signs, GTAWraps, SekanSkin and Concept Wraps.
The only place I trust at this point is Concept Wraps for anything PPF + Vinyl related. They are certified 3M installer, XPEL Ultimate installer and now a Premium Shield Installer.

Been very happy with their work.
So you were quoted $499 for Cquartz, which version of Cquartz? You need to know this because, at that price it could potentially be an over the counter basic Coating.

Also what PPF are you putting it on? Shoot me a PM if you want to discuss this, we've wrapped, PFF'd and Ceramic Coated 100s of cars by now. There is value to be added if you Ceramic Coat over PPF.

So I had Expel Ultimate installed from the front bumper to the back of the doors including the door sills. What ceramic coating would you suggest to have the whole car treated with and why? I think the CQuartz was v5 but I could be wrong on that. Prefer to take a CCF recommendation over the word of any detailed.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Reactions: gone911postal
So I had Expel Ultimate installed from the front bumper to the back of the doors including the door sills. What ceramic coating would you suggest to have the whole car treated with and why? I think the CQuartz was v5 but I could be wrong on that. Prefer to take a CCF recommendation over the word of any detailed.

Willing to make the drive out?

I have Xpel Ultimte and CQuartz Finest on top, including the wheels which makes keeping the wheels clean from brake dust easier...but still annoying

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.