Nov 8, 2015
Central City
VetteCoins
Car
2017 Z51
So the good news is the Z51 came in yesterday (yeah!) and I was wondering if I should put paint protection film on it to lessen the amount of damage from stone chips and bugs etc.
Do you guys happen to know any good places around the GTA that I can get this done?

I got my '14 Z51 done by Touch of Tint in Mississauga with XPEL. They did an good job, price was good. But my one complaint would be is that they used the template cut pieces.

Next time I'll spend the extra 500 and go with Sekanskin just off Dixie north of the 401. I didn't go with them since I was a little leary , since they they weren't an authourized XPEL dealer. Also when they said it would take a few days, and that they had to dismantle the doors to get the mirrors off so the film would be seamless on the door. But since then from what I've learnt and seen they do an amazing job, probably the best car wrappers in the city.

Reactions: CorvetteSuperCar
Went with protex in Milton...Richard Di Salvia...also in Facebook. I went with complete coverage of XPel Ultimate and this is my car 31000 km later... Think I regret it? There ia not a single mark on the entire car as XPel has self-healing capabilities which means dings in the PPF just disappear.

IMG_5662.jpg

Thx Guys - thats a start - best thing is that you guys answered it brought up a bunch of similar threads!
I watched a bunch of vids on YouTube prior to my post (course) and I was wondering if the guys here do a full detail before the film?

I went with Advanced Automotive Films in Mississauga .... Marco was great.
Did entire front end, incl hood, fenders, bumper, rockers and inside door handles.
Have never been more happy.

Hello dnop. Welcome to the forum. In answer to your question,an entire car done with Xpel and window tint was about $ 5000.00.That came from a members post a while back so not sure if it is still current. The lions share of members recommend the Xpel product.
I would suggest you also go the the New User section of the forum and start a post there with some introduction and you will probably get additional responses. We always like to see pictures of your car as well. :thumbs:

I can update this thread eheheh. This is the Z with 52000 km on her after 2 years of roadtime... The only update is that I had XPel done on the light covers this year when i went to Carlisle as I just had them contoured...but the rest is original... The entire car is covered with XPel but for the windows...

Just so you are aware... XPel is self healing so all the dings you see after a good run will simply dissolve as the sun hits the PPF. As well, was and further care is not necessary but for a good wash every now and then to rejuvinate the XPel. It is guaranteed against everything but punctures for 10 years.

Lol...almost the same angle and shot as above a year and 4 months later.

121A0949.jpg

Went with protex in Milton...Richard Di Salvia...also in Facebook. I went with complete coverage of XPel Ultimate and this is my car 31000 km later... Think I regret it? There ia not a single mark on the entire car as XPel has self-healing capabilities which means dings in the PPF just disappear.

View attachment 6158
hey. I just picked up a 2019 TR z06. your car looks amazing. what color is it? how much did your Xpel cost? what panels did you protect?

When a car get's a protective wrap film do they ever need wax shine/polish? do we just wash the film.

The car is wrapped completely except windows and it cost me $4800 but I dont think you will get it at that price from an authorized XPel installer. Protex Milton...amazing work. I haven't waxed it not even once in three years, but for the occasional Blackfire Wet Diamond Polymer spray. I wash it weekly as that is beneficial for the XPel and removes all small dings and swirls when in the sun. I use Chemical Brothers SuperSuds for my wash. Here is one of the most recent shots... last Saturday at Cullen's Show.

The XPel was applied in July 2015. I received the car the month prior. Since, I have put 52000km on her with trips all around Canada and the US (see links in sig block) ...seeking enthusiast roads and driving her as she was meant to be. Just had the third set of tires installed yesterday. Yuk.. Don't even ask what that cost.
121A5233.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, my first C7 post! Picking my red stingray tomorrow morning. It's a 2015 with just 2700 kms! A nice step up from the 08 C6 that I currently have. I have it booked in for next Wed to get the Front Bumper, Full Hood, Fenders, Mirrors, Doors and Door Sills done in Expel Ultimate for $2300+tx (Ottawa). As noted in an earlier post they were looking for $5000-$5500 for a full car but I think my deal is fair. Pics to follow! It's not the easier pill to swallow but mine will be a daily driver so if it can look 1/2 a good as AllFlash's ride then I will be a happy man!

Reactions: Dantanman
The car is wrapped completely except windows and it cost me $4800 but I dont think you will get it at that price from an authorized XPel installer. Protex Milton...amazing work. I haven't waxed it not even once in three years, but for the occasional Blackfire Wet Diamond Polymer spray. I wash it weekly as that is beneficial for the XPel and removes all small dings and swirls when in the sun. I use Chemical Brothers SuperSuds for my wash. Here is one of the most recent shots... last Saturday at Cullen's Show.

The XPel was applied in July 2015. I received the car the month prior. Since, I have put 52000km on her with trips all around Canada and the US (see links in sig block) ...seeking enthusiast roads and driving her as she was meant to be. Just had the third set of tires installed yesterday. Yuk.. Don't even ask what that cost.
View attachment 16843
That is one sweet ride!!! :)

Thanks guys.... The way the light hits it is amazing with the paint flek. Someone grabbed this shot at the Canada Day Car Show in the Falls last week... shows a different look in the hot sun.

36519230_10209320420886063_7442321761460289536_o.jpg

So the good news is the Z51 came in yesterday (yeah!) and I was wondering if I should put paint protection film on it to lessen the amount of damage from stone chips and bugs etc.
Do you guys happen to know any good places around the GTA that I can get this done?
Wrap just saved my paint job from the freak accident on Sunday, car in front of me had side window implode and showered my car with glass at 120k. Windshield sandblasted by it, my paint would have been the same without the wrap. Yes I have to get the nose rewrapped but probably a 1000.00 job and will look like new. Definitely get the wrap!

Hi, my first C7 post! Picking my red stingray tomorrow morning. It's a 2015 with just 2700 kms! A nice step up from the 08 C6 that I currently have. I have it booked in for next Wed to get the Front Bumper, Full Hood, Fenders, Mirrors, Doors and Door Sills done in Expel Ultimate for $2300+tx (Ottawa). As noted in an earlier post they were looking for $5000-$5500 for a full car but I think my deal is fair. Pics to follow! It's not the easier pill to swallow but mine will be a daily driver so if it can look 1/2 a good as AllFlash's ride then I will be a happy man!
I would recommend having the rear panels done , it is one piece over the rear tires, as those panels take a lot of punishment. The good thing is you can add to your existing wrap at your convenience

Reactions: Racer66
Update on my wrap. 398.00 to redo the front end after my incident. Cheap and will look like new versus probably 3k if i had to repaint. Had clear 3m and wrap so paint would have been toast. Any idea what a windshield costs? It has tons of chips

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.