Mar 4, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Little red 2020 C8
Province
ON
Don't ask me what year this was, but my Dad bought the family our first computer game. Pong and hockey. Pong had a line down the center and hockey had a plastic overlay for the TV tube as I recall.

1702056769931.png

It was made by Magnavox Television. My parents had a TV store when i was a kid. We had one also. Other than Pong, it sucked lol...
By today's standards it sucked large! But back then we were the envy of the neighbourhood! ;)

Reactions: Jack Raccoon!
Atari 400 for me, late '70s, I think? Star Raiders, PacMan, and Missile Command cartridges were all I could afford after buying the game console. Took a couple months before it started collecting dust.
I had all those on my Apple II in the early 80's. I think I even had pong for my computer! LOL.
I still have our original Nintendo, a Nintendo GameCube and a Saga Genesis. They likely don't work of course. Assorted hand held games. Like football. Watch der blinkin lights.
And I got sucked into buying a Microsoft Xbox which requires a 5 Gig update every time it's turned on!

My boss back then had an Amiga which I believe was a Commodore product. He used to rave about it, as it was more than a games computer, or so he said. I lost interest in the game computers pretty quickly, as prices rose, but performance didn't.
It launched my career! I became a computer nerd and the rest is history.

Reactions: DW Ruby
I think our computer room security was tad more robust than that.
IIRC? ;)
They actually wanted a place that looked like a telecom room. They had to reverse the swing on the doors so he could kick them in.
And although I was only 10 feet away, I wasn't in the movie. So no autographs! ;)

Reactions: Matt_Orleans
They actually wanted a place that looked like a telecom room. They had to reverse the swing on the doors so he could kick them in.
And although I was only 10 feet away, I wasn't in the movie. So no autographs! ;)
Wow, I know someone that was almost a famous movie extra? Infamous? Cooool.

• Haha
Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.