Just wanted to update this thread and close the loop. First, l love this car community, it is so much more "friendly" and laid back than other car communities I'm a member of. Anyway, yesterday afternoon I was out for a Sunday drive with my wife and we headed into Orleans (we live in Embrun) and as we were approaching 10th Line on Mer Blue, we spotted our first C8 in the wild. It was a beautiful Torch Red coupe and it was literally "glowing" in the bright mid day sun. Of course we followed it into a grocery store parking lot. The gentleman and his wife were extremely gracious and showed off their car and its features to us. (Very nicely optioned Torch Red 2LT w/Z51, Red seats, CF wheels and Edge Red calipers), turns out, he is the ex- VP of the local Capital Corvette Club, so, he is very used to getting questions, etc. Needless to say, my wife fell in the love with the car immediately and is now just as excited as myself. Neither myself nor my wife ever considered a red car, but after seeing Torch Red in the bright sun, all I can say is WOW! It really pops and I see why it is the most popular color on the C8. Now the long, hard wait........ next summer can't come soon enough. LOL. I guess it won't sink in until Spencer's call us to enter our order, (thinking Dec or Jan), then it will become "real".
I live in Westport, 90 minutes from Embrun. I just got my 2021 z51 LT3 in shock blue, yellow calipers and seat belts and lots of carbon flash.If yo give me notice, I dont mind showing it to you and letting you sit in it. This car is worth the wait!
Dana

Reactions: pozi240
I live in Westport, 90 minutes from Embrun. I just got my 2021 z51 LT3 in shock blue, yellow calipers and seat belts and lots of carbon flash.If yo give me notice, I dont mind showing it to you and letting you sit in it. This car is worth the wait!
Dana
"Shock blue"? Do you mean Rapid Blue? If so, I would love to see it... that color is our number 1 choice right now, and the Edge yellow calipers as well. That would be lovely drive on weekend afternoon for my wife and I. I wouldn't want to intrude on your plans though. Let me know what days work best for you? Thank you so much Dana.

"Shock blue"? Do you mean Rapid Blue? If so, I would love to see it... that color is our number 1 choice right now, and the Edge yellow calipers as well. That would be lovely drive on weekend afternoon for my wife and I. I wouldn't want to intrude on your plans though. Let me know what days work best for you? Thank you so much Dana.
It is rapid blue! My tool box is shock blue. I am retired and with COVID changing everything these days, I tend to stay home unless i go out for a drive. I am here this weekend, around noon I could accommodate you either Saturday or Sunday. Let me know.
Dana

Makes me want to get up there. Met up with CCC and toured the Diefenbunker one weekend, Up to Ottawa area several times a year pre-covid and also up to Big Rideau Lake (Westport) at least once a year.

Reactions: pozi240
It is rapid blue! My tool box is shock blue. I am retired and with COVID changing everything these days, I tend to stay home unless i go out for a drive. I am here this weekend, around noon I could accommodate you either Saturday or Sunday. Let me know.
Dana
Sent you a Private message Dana. Thank you again.

So I'm late to the party and just maybe 2 months ago put my $$ down to get a call to order maybe late next year if I'm a good boy. Now like many searching these forums for intel. Also in Ottawa and like Andrew wanted to see some in person. My dealer had one in the delivery bay (orange coupe) when I went for the deposit and was able to sit in it. There's a cruise night on Tenth Line In Orleans on Thursday's during the summer. I've been there the last 2 weeks. This past week Luc has an Orange convertible on display. The week before his as well likely another on member here had his Red coupe on display. Both gentlemen were very helpful and was able to sit in both, as well start the Red coupe. This was really helpful and appreciative. Ultimate Exotic's in Stoney Creek has a super car tour and one of the cars is a C8. I'm likely going to book a day late October so I can drive one. The other cars in the fleet are decent as well and have done it pre Covid. Its a great day ride and in the past a guys weekend away for me and a buddy. This time likely on my own but that's okay.
So I am still choosing colours & options though down to a short list now. For sure I will be going after market wheels. I really feel that the look with after market finish the car off, no offence to those who love their stockers. I am looking at lowering as well. I will go with the front lift so the collars available are easy enough. Am i understanding that if I have mag ride without z51 its easily adjustable? I was going to order the z51 just for the lowering but if I can save a few bucks and just go for the mag ride that would be best.
Anyways thanks in advance. Reading the forums sounds like a great group here and hopefully down the road can help out as well.
Mike

Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.