May 4, 2021
Ottawa
VetteCoins
Car
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Province
ON
Good day happy C8 people!
I'm new here and have a deposit for a 2022. Hoping by late spring or summer next year to be in my own C8. @Andrew Spencer has been amazing so far and very helpful with this process, I wish I lived closer to use them for my future car servicing as well. Anyway, I'm at least 12 months out, and my wife is not "fully convinced" she is going to like the car. (We have had Shelby's and various Mustangs in our garage and she is a "Ford girl" and very active in the Ottawa Mustang Club, etc, etc.) In the end, she will support my decision on whatever car I buy, but, I like her to be totally onboard as well. We have watched a ton of YouTube videos and I have shared pictures and we've "built" a number of virtual cars in the Corvette Configurator online. Its just not the same and seeing a C8 up close and in the "flesh". I was going to start calling around to various Ottawa Chevy dealers to see if any new customer orders have come in but not delivered yet to at least just look at them, however, with things the way they are in Ontario currently, you can't just walk into dealerships right now, so, not the best option.
So, not to sound too "stalkerish"......
I wanted to see if any Ottawa people on here would mind us just meeting up in parking lot somewhere (social distancing of course) and just looking at your C8. I don't want to touch it or even get in it, just seeing one in person I think would really help my wife get comfortable on just how amazing these cars are and in a whole other league from previous generation Corvette's. It truly is a "super car" with a conservative price tag. I know technically we can't gather or have car meets right now, but, I'm hoping with the nicer weather now, I may be able to see one of you out and about and finally get a sense of these beauties.

I know you don't me, but, I'm well known in the local Mustang community and am a recently retired Military member (still working as a civilian with DND though), and would be very grateful of the opportunity to meet you and your car. I totally understand if I don't get any "takers", its a strange new world we find ourselves in right now, so no hard feelings. It's weird that I even have to post this request, since, in years past, I could have easily gone out to a weekly car meeting spot and looked at one myself. Thanks in advance.

I'm not in Ottawa, but I'll tell you that once you drive a C8 you won't want to look at a mustang. Nothing against Mustangs, but they, or any other front engine car, are just not in the same class. A totally different beast. I'd even go so far as to bet that your missus will also love the C8. We were Camaro people, but while we still like the Camaro, we are now totally hooked on the C8 and now know what we missed all these years with mid engine cars.

Reactions: pozi240
I'm not in Ottawa, but I'll tell you that once you drive a C8 you won't want to look at a mustang. Nothing against Mustangs, but they, or any other front engine car, are just not in the same class. A totally different beast. I'd even go so far as to bet that your missus will also love the C8. We were Camaro people, but while we still like the Camaro, we are now totally hooked on the C8 and now know what we missed all these years with mid engine cars.
Oh, totally get what you are saying Murray and fully agree. Not in the same league at ALL. I mean, I have driven and owned Mustangs with over 800hp to wheels, and don't get me wrong, they are fun and all, and acting like a hooligan in high school is a hoot, but, it gets old, and forget about pressing the "go pedal" anywhere past the half way point unless you are pointed exactly straight and your tires are very warm (even my current setup with 315/30/20 Michelin PS4S still break free.... a LOT). My side "gig" is high end paint correction, detailing and paint protection. I don't advertise as it is not a business, but, mainly just a serious hobby that I truly take pride in and its my form of "therapy" for my PTSD. I'm super anal about cars in general. So, my wife has seen some amazing cars in my shop, including an array of 911 Turbo's (996, 997, 991, 992's), older Lamborghini's and even a few McLaren 570's and she loves them all, but, they are beyond my means (certainly maintenance and repair wise anyway, LOL). The C8 is something I've always wanted and it is a way of jumping to the next level for us "poor folk".... or as my neighbor says, us "commoners"... hahaha.

Hey there in Ottawa, what a great choice in a sports car!
I, like most others have been waiting , you will go through all the emotions, frustrations, setbacks that come with waiting “on the list” , for the day you get the call “that you have an allocation”. I have been on the list at Spencer Chev since last September and my car is being built next Wednesday, but I used the time to research, listen to members of this board, change my build a dozen times to pass the time. So have some fun with it while you wait for one of the best presents you have ever going to get.
On the vehicle it self and the Mustang comparison, Murray is correct, there is NO comparison in the way a mid-engine vehicle handles vs a front engine vehicle. Having owned a 2001 and a 2005 Porsche Boxster S’s, the mid engine layout is sublimely neutral, under steer / oversteer hardly exists and on a track it may not be the most powerful but faster cornering, in and out , made up for power. You won’t have a power problem with this choice plus the neutral handling. I then bought a BMW M3 coupe, rear drive V8, and absolutely hated it. Not even close to the mid engine feel, balance ,ease to drive. Kept it for 16 months and got rid of it.
You do have to see a c8 in the flesh, so call your local dealer see if / when one is coming in , take your wife to see it. I did this and my wife loved it.
Also check the board to see if any members in your location have one coming in and go look at it.

JMO

Swing by Petawawa and I will show you mine plus I have 2 buddies in the area with them also. There is a 2021 Vert also sitting in the dealer showroom 2 min. from my place
I just may take you up on that Gilles, thank you! Nice drive this time of year, used to make that drive almost once a week when I was in the CAF, from DHTC to CSOTC. Good times, miss it a lot. :)

Reactions: Gilles27
Just wanted to update this thread and close the loop. First, l love this car community, it is so much more "friendly" and laid back than other car communities I'm a member of. Anyway, yesterday afternoon I was out for a Sunday drive with my wife and we headed into Orleans (we live in Embrun) and as we were approaching 10th Line on Mer Blue, we spotted our first C8 in the wild. It was a beautiful Torch Red coupe and it was literally "glowing" in the bright mid day sun. Of course we followed it into a grocery store parking lot. The gentleman and his wife were extremely gracious and showed off their car and its features to us. (Very nicely optioned Torch Red 2LT w/Z51, Red seats, CF wheels and Edge Red calipers), turns out, he is the ex- VP of the local Capital Corvette Club, so, he is very used to getting questions, etc. Needless to say, my wife fell in the love with the car immediately and is now just as excited as myself. Neither myself nor my wife ever considered a red car, but after seeing Torch Red in the bright sun, all I can say is WOW! It really pops and I see why it is the most popular color on the C8. Now the long, hard wait........ next summer can't come soon enough. LOL. I guess it won't sink in until Spencer's call us to enter our order, (thinking Dec or Jan), then it will become "real".

Needless to say, my wife fell in the love with the car immediately and is now just as excited as myself. Neither myself nor my wife ever considered a red car, but after seeing Torch Red in the bright sun, all I can say is WOW! It really pops and I see why it is the most popular color on the C8. Now the long, hard wait........ next summer can't come soon enough. LOL. I guess it won't sink in until Spencer's call us to enter our order, (thinking Dec or Jan), then it will become "real".
LOL. Just wait until you both drive yours. "What's a Mustang?" ;)

Just wanted to update this thread and close the loop. First, l love this car community, it is so much more "friendly" and laid back than other car communities I'm a member of. Anyway, yesterday afternoon I was out for a Sunday drive with my wife and we headed into Orleans (we live in Embrun) and as we were approaching 10th Line on Mer Blue, we spotted our first C8 in the wild. It was a beautiful Torch Red coupe and it was literally "glowing" in the bright mid day sun. Of course we followed it into a grocery store parking lot. The gentleman and his wife were extremely gracious and showed off their car and its features to us. (Very nicely optioned Torch Red 2LT w/Z51, Red seats, CF wheels and Edge Red calipers), turns out, he is the ex- VP of the local Capital Corvette Club, so, he is very used to getting questions, etc. Needless to say, my wife fell in the love with the car immediately and is now just as excited as myself. Neither myself nor my wife ever considered a red car, but after seeing Torch Red in the bright sun, all I can say is WOW! It really pops and I see why it is the most popular color on the C8. Now the long, hard wait........ next summer can't come soon enough. LOL. I guess it won't sink in until Spencer's call us to enter our order, (thinking Dec or Jan), then it will become "real".
I don't think I would do torch red with edge red calipers, also I would skip CF wheels and go aftermarket. You definitely want either Z51 or Mag ride so you have the ability to lower the car as C8's come way way way high from the factory.

So you met Brian from Capital Corvette club. All the members are great. You should consider joining. I did send you a private message. Check your inbox. Perhaps we can meet up. And listen to Gilles about the edge red calipers. Go with the other red. I have the edge red with my Red Mist colour, and its a very good match. As for the carbon flash wheels, I ordered them because I like them.
Cheers,

So you met Brian from Capital Corvette club. All the members are great. You should consider joining. I did send you a private message. Check your inbox. Perhaps we can meet up. And listen to Gilles about the edge red calipers. Go with the other red. I have the edge red with my Red Mist colour, and its a very good match. As for the carbon flash wheels, I ordered them because I like them.
Cheers,
Yes, He was very nice, as was his lovely wife. It's funny, that was my wife's only comment as well, didn't think the Edge red worked with Torch Red exterior, but, minor point. Right now, are preferred build is Rapid Blue with carbon flash wheels (its at mute point, since I'm most likely going aftermarket anyay), Edge Yellow calipers, Jet Black interior with either yellow seat belts or tension blue seat belts. I'm going coupe, so, will be wrapping the roof, nacelles and mirror caps in Carbon flash. I have a good local guy who is amazing at wraps and very affordable. Thank you, I look forward to meeting! Thank you.
Cheers,
Andrew

Last edited:
You don't have to have Z51 or magride to lower the car. There are aftermarket tools to lower a base suspension C8
Murray, sure you can buy lowering springs for $500 plus need to remove shocks from car etc... just buy mag ride for 2k and adjust them yourself for free. My 3 biggest pet peeves about this car ....... ride height, lack of sound and bad wheel selection..... that's it I'm out

• Agree
Reactions: Sparro
Murray, sure you can buy lowering springs for $500 plus need to remove shocks from car etc... just buy mag ride for 2k and adjust them yourself for free. My 3 biggest pet peeves about this car ....... ride height, lack of sound and bad wheel selection..... that's it I'm out
I believer there are collars for the C8 for lowering the base suspension. A lot less than shocks. But the shocs are likely different for the C8 Z51 and better ones available, just like wheels. It's all taste and preference.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.