Jul 29, 2020
Brampton
VetteCoins
Car
2021 Corvette
Province
ON
Hello,
I am new to this forum and was in the process of ordering a 2021 C8. For those who have already ordered, can you offer some advice on who's better to order from in Ontario between Wilson Niblett and Brian Cullen motors? (In terms of time, transparency, etc). Thanks!

Hello,
I am new to this forum and was in the process of ordering a 2021 C8. For those who have already ordered, can you offer some advice on who's better to order from in Ontario between Wilson Niblett and Brian Cullen motors? (In terms of time, transparency, etc). Thanks!
Welcome!
Bill Spencer in Cobourg. A CCF member and a good source of info as well as good to deal with.

Reactions: Andrew Spencer
Hello,
BTW, you can chat with @Andrew Spencer on here.

Reactions: Andrew Spencer
Hello,
BTW, you can chat with @Andrew Spencer on here.
Hello,
Welcome!
Bill Spencer in Cobourg. A CCF member and a good source of info as well as good to deal with.
Hello,

Give me a call 905-373-6671 if you’d like me to explain our C8 order process, timeline etc.

Hello,
I ordered my C7 last summer from Wilson Niblett...very professional...hadn't dealt with them before but nothing but good things to say about them.

I just "re-ordered" my C8 from WN. My original deposit was in October of 2019. Im not gonna lie, but I asked to know what number I am in line, I couldnt get an answer. I then called BS in Coburg. The guy on the phone told me if I placed an order today, I would be number 22 on the list for 2021.

WN does get a lot more C8s as I understand. Regardless, they both pretty much said I would be seeing my C8 in the spring.

I get the impression, WN may have their preferred customers (yes the rich folk who probably would time capsule every car they get), regardless, im sure they would bump me down if they had some preferred customer kicking and screaming like a spoiled kids to get their C8 quicker....

Ill post when I find out what number in line at WN...

Heres a question if a dealer person can answer. If you ordered a 2020 a year ago and at 3,000 status ( convertible) and GM bumps it to a 2021 model do you go to the front of the line or do you have to start all over again? I am currently number one on the allocation list. Also if a 2020 cant be made can you make some changes to your car? I saw some pics of the new colours and would possibly change my Sebring Orange to that nice looking torch red mist.

Heres a question if a dealer person can answer. If you ordered a 2020 a year ago and at 3,000 status ( convertible) and GM bumps it to a 2021 model do you go to the front of the line or do you have to start all over again? I am currently number one on the allocation list. Also if a 2020 cant be made can you make some changes to your car? I saw some pics of the new colours and would possibly change my Sebring Orange to that nice looking torch red mist.

I'm not a dealer but if you are at 3000 I'd expect your dealership to make you number one or one of the very first for 2021.

Reactions: ABC and kerry4
If a dealer can’t tell you what # you are I would be concerned. Our customers know exactly where they stand from the onset.
Yep... I spoke with a sales from BS chev and he told me exactly, my other concern was how many actual cars will BS get?

it’s great to know I’ll be 22, however if they get 15, I’m still in same position??

Yep... I spoke with a sales from BS chev and he told me exactly, my other concern was how many actual cars will BS get?

it’s great to know I’ll be 22, however if they get 15, I’m still in same position??
My guess is they will get at least 80 this year. Obviously I'm not the one to ask, but this is what Andrew Spencer told us recently.
"It is my understanding that in 2019 we were the 3rd largest Corvette dealer in the country, trailing # 1 by 4 cars and # 2 by 1 unit. "
In the covid shortened year they "will receive and deliver 36 2020 C8's" .
I don't work for them, but I've seen and heard from a lot of people their dissatisfaction with many dealers including the big 2, but none about Spencer.
That's not to say that you will have a bad experience with any, but also keep in mind that the big guys are big guys because they sell a lot and clients go to them.
I am lucky that my car is being built today as many on long lists are still waiting.

No GM dealer knows their 2021 allocations yet, which will be given in phases (1 & 2). Phase 1 is supposed to be announced "soon" is all we know. At this point all I can say are facts.

2018 C7 sales- 32
2019 C7 sales- 80 (3rd in the country, 4 away from #1)
2020- C7 sales- 41, C8 sales- 36 (all of these range from event 3000 to 5000 (delivered)

Our understanding is that GM looks at a 3 year rolling average when awarding C8 allocations.

This year of course was unfortunate with both the GM strike and the virus shut down that drastically reduced output at the BG plant.

How many cars will we get remains to be seen, but where we are taking deposits now (#22) is just miles away from what a reasonable assumption of our 2021 C8 allocations will be, IMO.

Reactions: ABC and wrxninja
As far as I know every car at 3000 will be built as a 2020. I can only speak for our dealership, but yes, if you were in line, and your car did not get built as a 2020, you would stay at the front of the line in 2021. We had 5 2020 orders that did not make it to 3000, so those people all moved to the front of the line for 2021. (with their blessing of course)

It is my unqualified opinion that GM wants to start the 2022's September of 2021. If they get 2 shifts running at full speed they will be able to build about 30,000 cars. So dealers should get 75% of their expected 2020 allocations that were given in September of 2019. That will easily get anyone with Spencer a C8 early to mid year of 2021.
(Without Covid rearing it's ugly head of course)

Hello,
Talk to Andrew at Bill Spencer Chevrolet in Cobourg ON.

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.