The information provided by the members of this form is great. I have a deposit with WN for a 2021, placed long before I found this form. That being said I would have done some additional homework before pulling the trigger as none of the information provided by Andrew was discussed or disclosed. Thanks again for all the great information and updates.

Reactions: kerry4
As someone who has never done a preorder, what exactly is the process like? Is it just a matter of putting down a deposit and building your specs out a later date or are you able to specify the specs when making the deposit?
Once you out deposit down, we can enter order now. We usually just wait to build your car with you when we get the allocation. A lot of people change their orders before the final submission. But to answer your question, we can build and order the car whenever you like.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Once you out deposit down, we can enter order now. We usually just wait to build your car with you when we get the allocation. A lot of people change their orders before the final submission. But to answer your question, we can build and order the car whenever you like.
And ladies and gentlemen THAT is the right way to do it. Some dealers in the states waited to place the order until they had an allocation which never came and so they missed out on even being at 1100 when the virus hit. Those folks were totally in the hands of the dealers to honour their place in line and GM never even knew they were there.

Reactions: canadiansteelman
And ladies and gentlemen THAT is the right way to do it. Some dealers in the states waited to place the order until they had an allocation which never came and so they missed out on even being at 1100 when the virus hit. Those folks were totally in the hands of the dealers to honour their place in line and GM never even knew they were there.

@Murray20c8 Would it have mattered? 1100 means nothing. Sold orders mean nothing. Nobody advanced from 1100 during or after the virus did they? No dealers (that i know of) received further C8 allocation once the virus hit. (We had all of our Corvette's at at least 3000 when the virus hit so that is all I can really speak to.) My understaning was GM is just working to build all the event code 3000 orders they already had before the virus hit?

Reactions: kerry4
@Murray20c8 Would it have mattered? 1100 means nothing. Sold orders mean nothing. Nobody advanced from 1100 during or after the virus did they? No dealers (that i know of) received further C8 allocation once the virus hit. (We had all of our Corvette's at at least 3000 when the virus hit so that is all I can really speak to.) My understaning was GM is just working to build all the event code 3000 orders they already had before the virus hit?
This is what I was wondering. You are the man to ask then. What did GM say about the orders that were at 1100? There must have been a generic email / letter sent to all dealers? Did they suggest that the 1100 orders be given priority? 1100 gives an order number. GM is then fully aware of how many 1100 orders there were and how many to expect to be redone as 2021's. None of the deposits at dealers that didn't get entered are on GM's totals. But it also likely means that those customers did not get a "Purchase Agreement". Only a receipt for their deposit. It is then easier for a dealer to bump that customer down the list. So many people were / are scared of not even getting a 2021. It may mean nothing but if it was me I'd rather know that I had an order number.
BTW, I was told that there was indeed some allocations given after the restart. They were 1LT's only. The dealer I spoke to had to go way down his list to find candidates. It was a very few but it happened.

Hello, does anyone know when the configurator will be up for 2021 models? Right now the options seem very limited and can't visualize the car with trident spoke wheels.

This is what I was wondering. You are the man to ask then. What did GM say about the orders that were at 1100? There must have been a generic email / letter sent to all dealers? Did they suggest that the 1100 orders be given priority? 1100 gives an order number. GM is then fully aware of how many 1100 orders there were and how many to expect to be redone as 2021's. None of the deposits at dealers that didn't get entered are on GM's totals. But it also likely means that those customers did not get a "Purchase Agreement". Only a receipt for their deposit. It is then easier for a dealer to bump that customer down the list. So many people were / are scared of not even getting a 2021. It may mean nothing but if it was me I'd rather know that I had an order number.
BTW, I was told that there was indeed some allocations given after the restart. They were 1LT's only. The dealer I spoke to had to go way down his list to find candidates. It was a very few but it happened.

To my knowledge GM made no recommendations about orphaned 1100 status orders.

It makes no difference if a dealer had 100 sold orders and another dealer had 100 orders for stock (not sold) at 1100. That is why the 1100 status really has no bearing on anything. Past sales dictate C8 allotment. It would not entitle the dealer with the sold orders to any more future allocation because they "had deposits". GM does not distinguish between a retail sold order and a stock order when awarding allocation so the relevance of 1100 status orders means nothing.

There is nothing stopping a dealer from bumping orders down a list if they don't want to be ethical human beings. We were lucky in that we only had 5 deposits that were stuck at 1100 with no further 2020 releasing. We had no 2021 deposits at the time so those people just moved to the top of our 2021 list. How a dealer could put those people with 2020 deposits that were not going to come to fruition anywhere other than the top of their 2021 list seems grossly un-ethical to me.

To my knowledge GM made no recommendations about orphaned 1100 status orders.
According to at least one U.S. dealer they got an email with suggested email/mail templates. You were told that 1100 orders would not be filled as 2020's weren't you? Or just that there would be no more allocations for 2020's.
1100 status may mean nothing to the dealer but it does to the customer. At the very least it shows commitment by the dealer. It also gives the customer access to the Corvette Concierge. I would expect it matters to GM also as it gives them some idea of demand.

Would that 3000 status still apply to convertibles?

I'm not a dealer but if you are at 3000 I'd expect your dealership to make you number one or one of the very first for 2021.
That was Andrew Spencers answer here to the same question. That certainly is the morally correct answer. First in line is first in line. Kinda like at the grocery store when a new teller opens up and you have been waiting 20 mins already. Do they take you as the next in line? or the first to run and get there?

Hello,
I am new to this forum and was in the process of ordering a 2021 C8. For those who have already ordered, can you offer some advice on who's better to order from in Ontario between Wilson Niblett and Brian Cullen motors? (In terms of time, transparency, etc). Thanks!
I think we are! (Of course I might have a slightly biased opinion!)

If you placed your deposit with us today you would be spot #134 on our waiting list and can anticipate about a 14-month turnaround time for delivery.

Here is my cell 905.252.7198 please feel to reach out for any additional questions you might have or to place your deposit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.