This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Opinion on radar detectors

Feb 25, 2024
VetteCoins
Car
24’ C8 Corvette 2LT
Province
BC
Hey, I am interested in picking up a radar detector and pairing it with the blendmount.

I’ve never owned a detector before and have been reading online for what I should get. I am thinking the Uniden R4 (newest model coming from the R3).

Anything I should be looking for or avoiding with a detector in Canada (BC).

Thanks!

The R4 has some great test reviews so should be a good choice for a detector that doesn't break the bank either. I have an older Bell that works great for me or I would take a serious look at the R4 as well. You will no doubt get opinions and recommendations for a $2000.00 Passport that picks up radar that is set up on another planet but for the money the R4 appears to be a decent choice. JMO

Reactions: C8PITT
I avoid anything from Uniden. Their doorbell c/w camera and security systems are the absolute worst I have ever experienced.
The only good thing about Uniden products is they're inexpensive.

I avoid anything from Uniden. Their doorbell c/w camera and security systems are the absolute worst I have ever experienced.
The only good thing about Uniden products is they're inexpensive.
Richard...I would venture your problem likely relates to using a doorbell security system in your Vette...

Ruffy. You might have your finger on the pulse?
Uniden accomplishes the bare minimum but does it very poorly.
Go with the Bell or Passport to avoid frustration and disappointment.