Aug 4, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
2022 Z51 Coupe
Province
ON
Wondering what to do in this situation... I've had ongoing issues with the front lift system on my '22 since day 1, the service front lift message triggered the day I picked the car up from the dealer in December and it's been an ongoing issue since then. I've lost track on how many times I've been in for service, but it's at least 7+ times now.

Now I did have the car lowered with lowering collars, which was done through my local dealer and I flagged before the work was even performed that a) would it affect the warranty and b) to clear the front lift service error before the work was done. I was assured that if done through the dealer, no impact on warranty & that the front lift error was cleared. Well the front lift error continued to come up numerous times after the car was lowered, I've since had the system flushed numerous times, the fluid reservoir replaced, the control module replaced and most recently the front left strut replaced. When the control module was replaced they removed the lowering collars & put it back to factory height, but the error message still persisted, so they replaced the front left strut which has now cleared it.

I picked up the car today and they advised to keep it at factory height for a couple weeks to see if the error comes up again however the dealer said that GM would no longer honour the warranty on the front lift if I had the front lowered again & another issue pops up... The car only has 1100km on it & as I mentioned, this error came up before it was lowered leading to me to believe that there (was/is) something fundamentally wrong with my front lift since the error came up on day 1.

I'm a bit frustrated as I don't want to loose warranty coverage but I really don't like the look of car at stock height. If I was made aware that the warranty could be affected I wouldn't have had it lowered in the first place & opted for larger tires to fill the gap. Anyways I guess I really don't have a choice here as I don't want to loose the warranty on the front lift, so I guess I'm going back to stock height, just looking to vent I guess... Anything else I should be raising to the dealer?

• Sorry
Reactions: Gilles27
Wondering what to do in this situation... I've had ongoing issues with the front lift system on my '22 since day 1, the service front lift message triggered the day I picked the car up from the dealer in December and it's been an ongoing issue since then. I've lost track on how many times I've been in for service, but it's at least 7+ times now.

Now I did have the car lowered with lowering collars, which was done through my local dealer and I flagged before the work was even performed that a) would it affect the warranty and b) to clear the front lift service error before the work was done. I was assured that if done through the dealer, no impact on warranty & that the front lift error was cleared. Well the front lift error continued to come up numerous times after the car was lowered, I've since had the system flushed numerous times, the fluid reservoir replaced, the control module replaced and most recently the front left strut replaced. When the control module was replaced they removed the lowering collars & put it back to factory height, but the error message still persisted, so they replaced the front left strut which has now cleared it.

I picked up the car today and they advised to keep it at factory height for a couple weeks to see if the error comes up again however the dealer said that GM would no longer honour the warranty on the front lift if I had the front lowered again & another issue pops up... The car only has 1100km on it & as I mentioned, this error came up before it was lowered leading to me to believe that there (was/is) something fundamentally wrong with my front lift since the error came up on day 1.

I'm a bit frustrated as I don't want to loose warranty coverage but I really don't like the look of car at stock height. If I was made aware that the warranty could be affected I wouldn't have had it lowered in the first place & opted for larger tires to fill the gap. Anyways I guess I really don't have a choice here as I don't want to loose the warranty on the front lift, so I guess I'm going back to stock height, just looking to vent I guess... Anything else I should be raising to the dealer?

Jimmy I’m going through the same BS , I’m losing my mind!

Reactions: jimmyb
oh boy, now you guys got me nervous about lowering my future C8 with the lowering collars. I am sure hundreds if not thousands of collars have been sold and installed, can't be everyone having this same issue. Didn't a few guys on here have collars installed over at Humberview ? Curious how things are going for them. Maybe there is a step that needs to be respected that was missed, or something to reset on the computer, just taking guesses here, but am following this thread with interest. Thought the collar was slap it on, adjust the back and done.

oh boy, now you guys got me nervous about lowering my future C8 with the lowering collars. I am sure hundreds if not thousands of collars have been sold and installed, can't be everyone having this same issue. Didn't a few guys on here have collars installed over at Humberview ? Curious how things are going for them. Maybe there is a step that needs to be respected that was missed, or something to reset on the computer, just taking guesses here, but am following this thread with interest. Thought the collar was slap it on, adjust the back and done.
Neil it's a pretty straight forward job unless you also have mag ride then taking the connector apart is a PITA. I kinda wished that I did the lowering springs instead though ride would be stiffer

Neil it's a pretty straight forward job unless you also have mag ride then taking the connector apart is a PITA. I kinda wished that I did the lowering springs instead though ride would be stiffer

Mag ride and lowering collars for me so will be in same boat as you guys . Will get it done by the pros but worried about dash lights, warnings and failure on the lift function.

You want to see real horrible roads come to Montreal, we are the worst, all roads, and I still want to lower. Price to pay to look good !!

Mag ride and lowering collars for me so will be in same boat as you guys . Will get it done by the pros but worried about dash lights, warnings and failure on the lift function.

You want to see real horrible roads come to Montreal, we are the worst, all roads, and I still want to lower. Price to pay to look good !!
I agree the roads in Montreal are horrendous, but if I were you I'd worry about your looks and not the cars! ;)

Reactions: MKinOntario
The corvette is already one of the best looking cars on the road, I would never lower mine and ruin the drive ability of it plus deal with reliability and warranty issues. But this is just my opinion.
The car looks wicked nice when it is lowered, but I’m sure the good engineers at GM have tested and retested the the best all around stance for the car. Why pay for mag ride only to muck around with it? No mag ride, then go for it! Just my opinion which means nothing. Strong advocate of do with your time and money as you wish.

This is troubling to hear.
I have front lift in mine, and have the lowering collars for mine, but not installed yet.
I was planning on taking mine to the dealer to have them installed as I was told that I could then maintain my factory warranty.
If that is not the case, I am not sure what I will do.
I have not had any lights on my dash so far, but again, mine is factory hight now.
It sounds to me, that if you had this message on your car BEFORE you had it lowered, it was something wrong with it unrelated to the lowering??
Hope it works out for you.
Maybe I better check with my dealer again.
If you don’t mind me asking, who is your dealer? Or, is it a larger Corvette Dealer???

This is troubling to hear.
I have front lift in mine, and have the lowering collars for mine, but not installed yet.
I was planning on taking mine to the dealer to have them installed as I was told that I could then maintain my factory warranty.
If that is not the case, I am not sure what I will do.
I have not had any lights on my dash so far, but again, mine is factory hight now.
It sounds to me, that if you had this message on your car BEFORE you had it lowered, it was something wrong with it unrelated to the lowering??
Hope it works out for you.
Maybe I better check with my dealer again.
If you don’t mind me asking, who is your dealer? Or, is it a larger Corvette Dealer???

Hope you bought Paragon collars as they have great tech support, I bought Lingenfelter ones which are just copycats and shitty tech support. If you also have mag ride let your dealer do it. Bottom line is I would still do it again as car looks so much better

Yes!, mine are the Paragon ones.
I may wait a bit to see how the OP makes out with his situation.
Hopefully it works for him.
I am wondering if his dealer, and mine, are the same one.
I was told as long as the dealer did the work, it would not change my warranty at all.

Hope you bought Paragon collars as they have great tech support, I bought Lingenfelter ones which are just copycats and shitty tech support. If you also have mag ride let your dealer do it. Bottom line is I would still do it again as car looks so much better
They are all copycats of the original Cicio collars. Buy the knockoffs and have trouble. Buy the authentic ones and have no issues like me.

So you mess with the suspension and expect GM to fix your front lift issues now? C’mon now..
We’ll, I don’t know if taking the car the the dealer to have the suspension lowered by a Corvette Technician is “messing with the suspension” but maybe.
If you are going to track, you take the car to a corvette technician to add two quarts of fluid to the tranny, and adjust the suspension for the track, not sure that this is Messing with the suspension either, but that is covered.
I guess it is all in what you opinion if it is.
To each their own.

Reactions: Gilles27
They are all copycats of the original Cicio collars. Buy the knockoffs and have trouble. Buy the authentic ones and have no issues like me.

My understanding is that the collars are just that, collars, with no electronics tied to it. So like some have said above, it has more to do with the electronics around MRC and how it interacts with the new lowered height. I would like to think that the collar material between the various designs out there will not affect the setup more than the other. Actually surprised that a GM dealer would be willing to do this mod as it is not an OEM part. I guess time will tell once you guys go thru the teething pain while I wait for my number to be called

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.