Front lift has nothing to do with mag ride. It's available for cars with it and without it. It's a separate unit and mag ride has no barring on what the front lift is doing. And the collars are just collars. Lowering collars are have been used on many cars with front lift, not just the C8 Corvette. They are just a shorter collar than stock to drop the front 3/4" - 1" max.

As someone who has lowered 2 or 3 of my previous cars, I haven't even considered lowering this 2021 z51 ... I do have the front lift and maybe get a little self conscious when it lifts up (GPS memory) when I don't want it to . But other than that, its low enough and looks damn good as is.

If I had an older Corvette.. Yeah, I'd prob drop it...

Reactions: DenisC8
My dealer (Addison) told me if I lowered the front end of my car, they would void the warranty.
Even if they do the work?
I am thinking that if I did not get the work done at my dealer (certified corvette service) it would still be covered.
That is how it was explained to me anyway.
That could be wrong, or may have changed now.
Not sure.

I'm afraid of "dealers". They often don't speak the same, mainly due to lack of experience with the C6,7,8's. We need a rating system, or something which might help them in the long run.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I'm afraid of "dealers". They often don't speak the same, mainly due to lack of experience with the C6,7,8's. We need a rating system, or something which might help them in the long run.
Good idea. You're welcome to go to the 'General Corvette Discussion' section of the forum and start a new Rate A Dealer thread.

You guys must have amazing roads! If I lowered my car I would be leaving pieces of it in every pothole…
I hear you loud and clear! The level of road maintenance has slipped drastically for Ontarians in recent years and I fear that removing the fees that license sticker renewals provided ($1.2 Billion per year) will make this situation even worse! Just saying...

I wanted the dealer to do mine but they said it would void my warranty for the front end lift and front suspension components. I think it's best to let the car get some mileage on it, know that it is fairly stable and then lower it. This way the issues that present themselves early are resolved under warranty...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.