I'm guessing there's a lot of people thinking the same thing Spence.... and adding decent availability in Canada in there as well.

The $$ number is the last thing I would be worried about. It's the number of cars available in CAD that makes me pay attention. Like the 2014 C7 or the 2019 ZR1, Canadians may be screwed over by the limited cars available.

Hopefully, it's different this time...

I edited... because the new guys may not know the hosing and gouging the less than honourable dealerships did with the new cars.
Word to the new guys... yes there are dealerships that do not pull this garbage. A few of us know which ones. PM anytime to know which ones.

Last edited:
The $$ number is the last thing I would be worried about. It's the number of cars available in CAD that makes me pay attention. Like the 2014 C7 or the 2019 ZR1, Canadians may be screwed over by the limited cars available.

Hopefully, it's different this time...

I edited... because the new guys may not know the hosing and gouging the less than honourable dealerships did with the new cars.
Word to the new guys... yes there are dealerships that do not pull this garbage. A few of us know which ones. PM anytime to know which ones.
Agree with you 100%.

Reactions: Zora
1st Gen......# of defect per build...……...please be low, please be low, please be low o_O
Nothing much can go wrong: same engine, same electronics for the most part, transmission bullet proof! Bring it on man. You have, IMHO the best corvette made to-date - you might want to keep it -LOL. I priced a new one (GS)pretty much loaded with everything I'd need: 2LT with CF interior trim and the Z07 pkg. & AT - minus stripes ( I am a minimalist) -$103K; so, expect that one (ME) will be around this price?

Reactions: ddgermann
Nothing much can go wrong: same engine, same electronics for the most part, transmission bullet proof! Bring it on man. You have, IMHO the best corvette made to-date - you might want to keep it -LOL. I priced a new one (GS)pretty much loaded with everything I'd need: 2LT with CF interior trim and the Z07 pkg. & AT - minus stripes ( I am a minimalist) -$103K; so, expect that one (ME) will be around this price?

Yes a few thousand more is my prediction. Otherwise.... OPPS Corvette is not our car anymore is it.

Expect a similar equipped C7 GS and and first year ME to be even closer than a few thousand apart. I have been hearing Tadge say for months at the time of the reveal, “if you can afford a GS, you can afford an ME.” I believe however, that is the reason why it was necessary for the December 15th average $1,200 price increase for that statement to be factual. I can see no other logical reason for the mid December price increase other than my imagined statement to be true, for why else did they raise prices in mid winter at a time of seriously declining sales.

As to the other rumor that GM upped prices in mid December on the sticker, but not to the dealers (to give dealers more discounting room), I have check that rumor out and it was totally bogus, i.e., the price increase to dealers on December 15th was the same the amount the sticker increased.

• Informative
Expect a similar equipped C7 GS and and first year ME to be even closer than a few thousand apart. I have been hearing Tadge say for months at the time of the reveal, “if you can afford a GS, you can afford an ME.” I believe however, that is the reason why it was necessary for the December 15th average $1,200 price increase for that statement to be factual. I can see no other logical reason for the mid December price increase other than my imagined statement to be true, for why else did they raise prices in mid winter at a time of seriously declining sales.

As to the other rumor that GM upped prices in mid December on the sticker, but not to the dealers (to give dealers more discounting room), I have check that rumor out and it was totally bogus, i.e., the price increase to dealers on December 15th was the same the amount the sticker increased.
There are some great discounts here in Vancouver at Duecks.The GS, Z06 and , in particular the ZR1 (most) have gone up a fair bit. The Stingray has gone down in price for 2019. They have a 2017 loaded GS vert discounted $15,500.00 - $103K was $118.5K : WG gray metallic - beautiful car. This would be an amazing buy for someone.

Interesting. They have some nicely equipped cars but they don't admit on their web site to having a ZR1 at any of the three Dueck locations that I could see...

Interesting. They have some nicely equipped cars but they don't admit on their web site to having a ZR1 at any of the three Dueck locations that I could see...

Another ZR1 Auction dealership. :Vomit: They actually sold my H1 and H2 to the original owners.... both of which I bought used privately and enjoyed thoroughly...but they will never see 1 nickel from me.

Another ZR1 Auction dealership. :Vomit: They actually sold my H1 and H2 to the original owners.... both of which I bought used privately and enjoyed thoroughly...but they will never see 1 nickel from me.

Yeah... sort of figured that. Just checked one in Ontario advertising a ZR1. They don't have it either.... lol.... the games dealers play.... Would like to have them sit at a table and play T holdem with me. They are easy to read.... lmao....

I have personally only seen many used and non-dealership C7 ZR1 asking prices rising. I have not met anyone yet claiming pride to paying the price. I asked The ZR1 selling dealership near YEG what their selling price was and they had no pride to tell me they sold it above MSRP. Walked away knowing it was no more than MSRP. A game that I believe is in part why we are seeing no more ZR1 allocations for Canada and seeing zr1s rolling out every day with web cam museum delivery in the USA.
Should the C8 follow any of this ... it’s going to be a zoo. I don’t think there’s a demand for a base 6-digit MSRP Chevrolet. JMO.

Yeah... sort of figured that. Just checked one in Ontario advertising a ZR1. They don't have it either.... lol.... the games dealers play.... Would like to have them sit at a table and play T holdem with me. They are easy to read.... lmao....

The one in Quebec was real and in the showroom. I contacted them and would have bought it, but it had the A8. Otherwise, it was the perfect ZR1 for me in every way. I spoke to them on the phone and yes it was for MSRP...not one dime more. Franky, I can't believe the car was sitting for so long. Well, it is black and that may be why.
I have found a dealership in Edmonton that promises the same (thanks to Spence) but unfortunately, no ZR1 on the lot or as it is now... in the cards.

OK sorry. this is likey an official derail.

Reactions: YFCvii
Have a dealership in Cobourg with 33 new C7's in stock, is advertising his Z06's with approx $6,000 - $6,500 discount below MSRP.
😁 a dealership with an “interesting” name 😁
I chat with Eric Jean there and he should be able to do a bit better with that discount if you mention my name from Calgary and then “arm-wrestle” for more ... it’s the same name as what’s on the dealership 😂. The Dealership Is ordering more C7 inventory this weekend for delivery in mid-May and are very likely preparing for their speculated C8 allotment with the selling of so many C7s this year. Hoping for good fortune for both their new C7 buyers and this Dealership for be aggressive this way. 😁👍🏻
078FBCAF-09A2-49EF-B518-70C49518EF9F.jpeg

Last edited:
They have a 2017 loaded GS vert discounted $15,500.00 - $103K was $118.5K : WG gray metallic - beautiful car. This would be an amazing buy for someone.
Sorry thats only 13% off for a 3 year old model car. We received 23% off our my17 gs as a carryover model this past spring. The same dealer currently has a my19 gs for 17% off. If that dealership really wanted to sell it they could do better. But I understand their market demographics are different......... New 2019 Black Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport 1LT For Sale in Edmonton

Last edited:
They had one that they tried to sell for a ridiculous price: finally lowered to MSRP and, I assume, it sold because it is no longer on their web site.

• Informative
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.