Dec 5, 2017
Uxbridge on
VetteCoins
Car
2019 ZR1
zr1.jpg

I have same as yours 3ZR Sebring Orange vert, 7K miles. It has appreciated so much that I hesitate to put any more miles on it. Might consider selling at the current high price level. What a dilemma!

I have same as yours 3ZR Sebring Orange vert, 7K miles. It has appreciated so much that I hesitate to put any more miles on it. Might consider selling at the current high price level. What a dilemma!
Sell it, and it's gone, leaving you with what? - a bunch of cash - so what?
Keep it and enjoy it.

It's worth exactly as much as someone is willing to pay for it.
True, in a way and if someone doesn't want to pay the current pricing for a C7 ZR1 they won't be driving one. Only if for some instance a person that has a ZR1 and is in some kind of calamity and suddenly need to sell then to move the car quick might they sell for less.

I'm certainly not in that situation and have my car listed FS but I will only sell IF I get the # I want based on current prices. I'm enjoying driving mine every time I decide to drive it and since current pricing for these are up there I'm also trying to not rack up the kms too much.

The link the OE poster listed on kijiji are mostly the cars that Leggat Burlington has their ZR1's listed for. They have been listed for those prices for quite a while and I haven't seen them lower the price to sell them so take that as what it is. They had 6 cars listed at 1 time now there's 4 and I believe 1 of them they did drop the price down slightly from their previous listing price.

I have been in contact with that person that has an ad looking to buy a ZR1. If you read the ad it says stuff such as "can import 1 from the US but want to stay local" and "have the funds in place to do a same day purchase for the right car blah blah blah". That person has posted that ad almost a year ago back in Aug 2022 (talked with person Sept. 2022) and still has the ad up. Not really my business but during the whole year tons of ZR1's have been sold in the US and probably here in Canada also so basically what are you waiting for??? My last conversation with him was back in April of this year and the colour of my car is way down on his list or something otherwise my car checks all his boxes. At that time on BAT there was a ZR1 SO fully loaded with all the options with 2 days to go or something and was bid up to US$205k (sold for US$226k).

So again you have the funds in place or whatever to buy the right car according to your ad so WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR??????

Last edited:
True, in a way and if someone doesn't want to pay the current pricing for a C7 ZR1 they won't be driving one. Only if for some instance a person that has a ZR1 and is in some kind of calamity and suddenly need to sell then to move the car quick might they sell for less.

I'm certainly not in that situation and have my car listed FS but I will only sell IF I get the # I want based on current prices. I'm enjoying driving mine every time I decide to drive it and since current pricing for these are up there I'm also trying to not rack up the kms too much.

The link the OE poster listed on kijiji are mostly the cars that Leggat Burlington has their ZR1's listed for. They have been listed for those prices for quite a while and I haven't seen them lower the price to sell them so take that as what it is. They had 6 cars listed at 1 time now there's 4 and I believe 1 of them they did drop the price down slightly from their previous listing price.

I have been in contact with that person that has an ad looking to buy a ZR1. If you read the ad it says stuff such as "can import 1 from the US but want to stay local" and "have the funds in place to do a same day purchase for the right car blah blah blah". That person has posted that ad almost a year ago back in Aug 2022 (talked with person Sept. 2022) and still has the ad up. Not really my business but during the whole year tons of ZR1's have been sold in the US and probably here in Canada also so basically what are you waiting for??? My last conversation with him was back in April of this year and the colour of my car is way down on his list or something otherwise my car checks all his boxes. At that time on BAT there was a ZR1 SO fully loaded with all the options with 2 days to go or something and was bid up to US$205k (sold for US$226k).

So again you have the funds in place or whatever to buy the right car according to your ad so WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR??????
'We buy houses' - Sure they do - if they find someone desperate enough to sell at a rock bottom price (and they are out there).
Perhaps your 'purchaser' is in the same racket, only with rolling assets.

SCAM? Assuming (big if) the guy wants one to keep as "his" ZR1, and knowing he's going to pay a small fortune for it, if it were me, I'd be waiting for exactly the car I wanted with all the trimmings, as if I had ordered it brand new. So, either it's scam of some sort, or he hasn't found "the one" yet.
Since Murray's post about used C8s, I've looked at over a dozen or more used C8s, and not one would match "the one" that I ordered. Every one has had some sort of fatal flaw. Just the way it goes sometimes.

I remember looking at one in late summer of '19 before the world turned stupid. Wish I could travel back in time because that ZR1 would be sitting in my garage right now....😅

SCAM? Assuming (big if) the guy wants one to keep as "his" ZR1, and knowing he's going to pay a small fortune for it, if it were me, I'd be waiting for exactly the car I wanted with all the trimmings, as if I had ordered it brand new. So, either it's scam of some sort, or he hasn't found "the one" yet.
Since Murray's post about used C8s, I've looked at over a dozen or more used C8s, and not one would match "the one" that I ordered. Every one has had some sort of fatal flaw. Just the way it goes sometimes.
Well, you can't get much more an exact car someone will want with all the trimmings than the BAT one I listed in the post I did above, and LOTS of ZR1's that exact spec has been bought and sold during the timeframe that person has had his ad up. Personally the SO is cool but too many ZR's built that colour at least mine isn't as popular colourwise and keeps it kinda rare (it is a 1 of 1 spec'd car for Canada).

Sure, he can keep waiting and prices "might" drop (ever so slightly IMO), they could just keep going up or stay where they are even if they are driven. More will get crashed and written off and that will keep prices up there.

For me, the car I bought new checked all the boxes for me except for the colour. I don't mind it now but white isn't a colour I prefer on a car but at that time I had 2 gray cars (09 C6 Z06, 13 GT500) and was thinking of a colour change on my next new car. If I could order my ZR1 from the get go I would've kept it gray again but looking for one in June of 2019 you weren't in a position to order one so being the lucky person to find the one I bought incoming, had all the options I wanted except for the colour I went for it only after building the car on Chevy's website, then after looking at it for a few days did I decide to pull the trigger. Someone else could've easily bought the car during the 3-4 days I was mulling over getting it and if that happened I would still have my 2 former rides.

Well, you can't get much more an exact car someone will want with all the trimmings than the BAT one I listed in the post I did above, and LOTS of ZR1's that exact spec has been bought and sold during the timeframe that person has had his ad up. Personally the SO is cool but too many ZR's built that colour at least mine isn't as popular colourwise and keeps it kinda rare (it is a 1 of 1 spec'd car for Canada).

Sure, he can keep waiting and prices "might" drop (ever so slightly IMO), they could just keep going up or stay where they are even if they are driven. More will get crashed and written off and that will keep prices up there.

For me, the car I bought new checked all the boxes for me except for the colour. I don't mind it now but white isn't a colour I prefer on a car but at that time I had 2 gray cars (09 C6 Z06, 13 GT500) and was thinking of a colour change on my next new car. If I could order my ZR1 from the get go I would've kept it gray again but looking for one in June of 2019 you weren't in a position to order one so being the lucky person to find the one I bought incoming, had all the options I wanted except for the colour I went for it only after building the car on Chevy's website, then after looking at it for a few days did I decide to pull the trigger. Someone else could've easily bought the car during the 3-4 days I was mulling over getting it and if that happened I would still have my 2 former rides.
Just because it's got "all the trimmings" you wanted when you bought it, doesn't make it a match for everyone else.
These cars are like real estate, location (all the trimmings), and price (price) will determine when it sells.

You did read that dude's ad correct? His ad basically states going for everything but "prefer" the stuff most ZR1's are optioned with so he's had TONS of opportunities to pick one up during this past year. For a C7 ZR1, most people want all the trimmings (options). Cars that don't have all the options and less desirable/ weird colour combos may sell for less than those that have everything in the right combo. My car while I'm not a fan of the white outside colour has it all and it sells when it sells when I get the # I want to sell based on what the market is at that time.

You did read that dude's ad correct? His ad basically states going for everything but "prefer" the stuff most ZR1's are optioned with so he's had TONS of opportunities to pick one up during this past year. For a C7 ZR1, most people want all the trimmings (options). Cars that don't have all the options and less desirable/ weird colour combos may sell for less than those that have everything in the right combo. My car while I'm not a fan of the white outside colour has it all and it sells when it sells when I get the # I want to sell based on what the market is at that time.
That's why I said "SCAM".
Only trying to help.

I don't think it's a scam. I've spoken with that person and I don't see it. What scam are you pulling just putting an ad up wanting to buy a car? If it is a scam it wouldn't be me falling for it anyways so thanks but no help needed here.

Like you say, he's probably waiting for the right car and good luck with that..................................he's waited a year already and I don't see prices falling on these cars if that's the reason he's waiting. My car was offered to him for less last year if he wanted to buy it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread