Can anyone tell me how much horsepower I would add if I had a Cold Air Intake installed in my 2019 Grand Sport?

If it's horsepower you are after, don't waste your money on a CAI. Been lots of chat over the years on this subject. Here's a link to one of the later threads that just happens to include a GS.

A CAI won't make much difference by itself; a few horsepower at most. Maybe a crisper throttle response but even that is debatable. If you are going to add LT headers, cam, aftermarket exhaust and a proper tune. Then as a first step it is worthwhile to do. Then again, the cool factor is priceless.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
A few years ago I picked up a Vararam air intake. Big numbers advertised. I paid $125 to a guy going supercharged. The car runs fine, has a little bit of cool factor, although most not familiar with it could easily mistake it for factory stuff. It doesn't jump out as looking aftermarket. Those who see it may wonder what else has been done. As with so many other add on's, the biggest hp gains are in the advertising. With the price of these units new, I am surprised that any get sold.
Vararam Air Intake.jpg

Last edited:
Cold air intakes likely sell well on Corvettes because there's a general belief that a CAI will increase horsepower.

Well, it does, but the Corvette has CAI from the factory. All you *really* need to do is install a less restrictive air filter, but as many have said, the gains will be minimal.

Reactions: RockyPM
buddy of mine put a Vararam air intake on his 2010 Camaro LS3 no difference in 1/4 mile time. He then spent $ 3000.00 on headers & exhaust and went from 13.5 sec. to 12.7 sec. in 1/4 mile so thats the way to do it.

I installed a Halltech carbon cai on my C7. I did notice a quicker throttle response. I then added ARH mid length headers and dyno's the car. Added 28 hp at the wheels. Most likely from the headers.

Thanks guys. Really appreciate it.
I think I’ll leave it (2019) alone. How about my 1981? I can’t seem to find one for it.
I just put a tuner on my 2014 f150 5.0 and a cold air. The mechanic says I should get about 30 to 40hp gain.
Dunno. I pick it up next week when I get back from the North/work.

Attachments

• 6425A1C3-497F-4251-B216-9CF811150829.jpeg
    6425A1C3-497F-4251-B216-9CF811150829.jpeg
    441.3 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: YFCvii
I installed the new corvette Jake CAI this year from Chevrolet Corvette on my 2018 Z06 and seen a difference in mines. I installed CORSA DOUBLE HELIXX Pipe as well and what a sound! I am selling the original CAI for anyone who is interested !

Reactions: V8!
I installed the new corvette Jake CAI this year from Chevrolet Corvette on my 2018 Z06 and seen a difference in mines. I installed CORSA DOUBLE HELIXX Pipe as well and what a sound! I am selling the original CAI for anyone who is interested !
I know the sound is much better with a cold air intake from past experiences. I think there is a factory option CAI for the new C8. I'll let you know because I am finally able to place my order for the new C8 on Saturday.

Reactions: WARLORD
Great let me know!
They said no, but beginning to think they don't know much of anything about the C8. I did have a K&N air filter on a Honda Prelude I owned and my old NSX. It sure made them sound nicer. A lot cheaper than a CAI too. The sound improvement was worth it to me, but as far as getting more HP I cant say.

The cold air intake, if it becomes available (probably will) will come in the future. They don't develop options like this until they're no longer working on the actual car.

Reactions: kerry4
It looks good and if that's your intent, great but... If you are looking for performance, read back. No one is getting it unless they at least change up the exhaust as well.

But does your car sound different now that it can breathe more freely?

I think there is a bit more induction sound yes. Nothing dramatic though. I literally just installed it for the look. To make more power these cars need a pully, some exhaust work and a tune. I'm happy with the performance and really like my warranty so I won't be tearing into the car anytime soon.

Reactions: kerry4
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.