Power User
Jan 11, 2009
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
I would just like to advise people who are planning on replacing their Oil Pressure Sending Units to not purchase the OEM unit from the dealership. I bought and installed mine last summer. I have currently put on roughly 3000km and my sender juts failed this weekend.....or my car likes running at 80psi all the time. I have heard from other people who have purchased their units from GM that they fail quite quickly. I noticed the sending unit from Part Source has a brass body as opposed to the original units aluminum body. As much as I try to not put stuff from Part Source or Canadian Tire into my car, it has been argued that the brass bodied units are much more robust and less prone to failing than the aluminum ones.

Ah, I took the poor way out last year in haste and cut the hole in my cowl. Wah, wah, waaaaah. Am I proud of it? Not really. Will it only take me 10 minutes to change out the unit, yes. Should I have done the relocation kit? Probably, but you can't tell from the outside and I took my time to cut a "nice" hole.

If I had a mechanic I could trust or knew, I would have went the relocation kit way, the way I went, I'm wrecking my own car.

mine failed on me last year, I drove it around for a few weeks thin king about my options for changing it, cutting a hole, getting the re-location kit, ended up I stopped by Manny's one day, he changed it in less than half an hour, threw on some SS braided brake lines and a few other bits and pieces while I was there, it's always easier and more convenient to watch him do it!

Well, my gauge in my car just started going from 80psi to 0psi and dinging every time it did so I purchased a bronze bodied gauge from Part Source. It will go in this week. If anyone has any questions. Let me know!

Walkers Auto? If this one goes, that will be my next place to purchase a sending unit. The thing I don't understand is that everyone who has had this problem, their gauge just stays at 80psi. I could live with that. What I could not live with was the gauge going between 0-80psi and all the dinging. On a drive down 8th street, the most I counted between dings was 7 seconds and both my sending units that have failed have done this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.