I'm at 50% oil life now and I'll likely get it changed the next time the DCT update comes to me. That's when I'll take it to the dealer to show him it fail.
Do you know if it's 2 oil changes any time in 2 years or 1 per year?

The dealer in Calgary where I bought my C8 plus the dealer in Edmonton where I'm getting it serviced, both told me the 2 free oil changes can be done anytime as long as it's within the first 2 years. For example, the owner's manual suggests the first oil/filter change around 12,000 km or when the on-board computer tells you to change it, but I had mine done at around 1,000 km (after the break-in period) and w/o the car saying it was needed. I'll likely do my next one just before I park it for the winter which will mean both oil changes w/i the first year or so. So I'd suggest you check with your dealer but they should all have received the same GM bulletin telling them what to do for the free oil changes.

I'm going in for a servicing tomorrow (one headlight not working) and was told there were 2 "recalls" (no big deal) they'd address at the same time:

-transmission control module: software update
-radio frequency code correction: a reference (identification label) in the owner's manual needs to be replaced with a corrected reference number

If the timing of oil changes is an issue for anyone, make a posting today on this thread and I'll ask my dealer tomorrow for a copy of the GM bulletin in that regard.

I'm going in for a servicing tomorrow (one headlight not working) and was told there were 2 "recalls" (no big deal) they'd address at the same time:

-transmission control module: software update
-radio frequency code correction: a reference (identification label) in the owner's manual needs to be replaced with a corrected reference number
Have you not received an OTA update for these?

Have you not received an OTA update for these?

Not that I noticed. The dealer told me this morning that some updates can't be done OTA.

And for anyone interested in seeing the car or some colours, there are 2 new 2021 C8's in the Don Wheaton showroom on Whyte Avenue right now: one black and the other orange. Both sold. Likely there at least today but best to call before you go to check them out.

Not that I noticed. The dealer told me this morning that some updates can't be done OTA.

And for anyone interested in seeing the car or some colours, there are 2 new 2021 C8's in the Don Wheaton showroom on Whyte Avenue right now: one black and the other orange. Both sold. Likely there at least today but best to call before you go to check them out.
Obviously the sticker can't be done OTA lol. The DCT one can be, though it refuses to install properly on mine.

There are 4 recalls that require the dealer to do including the 2 mentioned above. It depends when your car was built. I also am waiting for a gasket from GM for a leaky DCT that plagued early production models.

The oil life monitor works on time as well as mileage. It will time out after 12 months. Oil is cheap and I do it annually myself on my C7 Z06 which only sees a few thousand kms a year.

The C8 DCT filter change required will set you back $670.00. I just had mine done at 9000km. Skip it at your own risk. The DCT is $10,000 plus labour to change.

• Informative
Reactions: Ty. and Murray20c8
Soooo. Back to the dealer to have the trans pan gasket and updated bolts installed. I guess my early production car had the DCT leak. On the plus side I now have a complete trans fluid and filter change. I had them add the extra 2 litres for track use just in case. $60 a liter fyi.

They also inspected the wheels for the recall, all good.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.