My understanding is a dry sump lubrication system does not need a catch can as the external oil tank functions as the catch can and condenses the oil vapour and any droplets

I tend to agree. My C7 had a dry sump and I never considered installing a catch can, and I believe all C8's come with the dry sump engine set up. Having said that, if one has concerns, installing a catch can cant hurt.....

I tend to agree. My C7 had a dry sump and I never considered installing a catch can, and I believe all C8's come with the dry sump engine set up. Having said that, if one has concerns, installing a catch can cant hurt....
Hurts the pocket book as it is not needed on the dry sump C8 set up

• Agree
Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
Something else to consider is that GM has been known to void powertrain warranties when catch cans are installed. If you have an engine issue, you going to have to uninstall the can before taking it to the dealer or you run the risk of being denied warranty coverage. And on the HTC it’s not very convenient to do I understand

Reactions: Sea Wolf Z06
Something else to consider is that GM has been known to void powertrain warranties when catch cans are installed. If you have an engine issue, you going to have to uninstall the can before taking it to the dealer or you run the risk of being denied warranty coverage. And on the HTC it’s not very convenient to do I understand
Thanks for the heads up, Johnny Mac! actually heard that recently and have since removed it. And yes, it is a pain to remove with the HTC!😂👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.