I just received my catch can today. when I was looking at the engine I noticed that one of the previous owners must of
removed the PCV. There is a hose that is just looped from the outlet to the inlet.
Hemicat is right, on 2004's they moved the pcv under the intake.My car also had the loop as yours did.

Attachments

• 2019-03-20_18-19-05_522.jpg
    2019-03-20_18-19-05_522.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 16
  • Informative
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
After installing the catch can, I couldn't think of any reason not to go for a drive. Called insurance company then started her up for the first time since the end of October. She started right up with no hesitation, then pull out of the garage and went for a 120 km drive. WOW what a great felling being back on the road!!:drive:

Where would be the best place for a decent price to purchase a good catch can? I do not imagine I could purchase one in Canada, but if so let me know. Also I'm no expert, but the catch can hemi-cat showed in his installation video was almost full with just a couple of runs on the track. Is that excessive oil getting by those piston rings? or am I wrong.

Where would be the best place for a decent price to purchase a good catch can? I do not imagine I could purchase one in Canada, but if so let me know. Also I'm no expert, but the catch can hemi-cat showed in his installation video was almost full with just a couple of runs on the track. Is that excessive oil getting by those piston rings? or am I wrong.
I think Rruuff ordered one from Davenport in Alberta.

Mine is from Elite Engineering out of the states, I purchased it from another fellow CCFer last year.

There are a number of different models out there, just watch the company videos and maybe ask here for opinions from those that have purchased and installed them.

Great winter project to pass away 15 or 20 minutes while you float a few ice cubes one night.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.