great info Jeremiad, I learned something . I don't own anything that new, doubt I ever will , but I understand what is happening there. Yet with todays so called advanced tech , they let stuff like this go ? my 12.5 / 1 396 had alot more compression than this and never blew anything out. What about a trap like a kitchen sink has , when it gets full then a light goes on in the dash telling you to open a valve and it will drain back into the pan. Whatever works I guess, but seeing the issue , I would say yeah , put those cans on guys.

Reactions: Hotrodron
I checked out Elite and MightyMouse but they only sell kits for C5 &C6.
The Mike Norris site doesn't shows kits.
I guess I would need to buy the necessary hoses to incorporate the "Motorsports Billet PCV Oil Catch Can"?
Thanks for your advice!

I'm not familiar with that particular product, but any kit should include the hoses and mounting brackets to install it. If it doesn't, you probably shouldn't buy it. Elite Engineering makes a kit for all kinds of applications, including the Corvette. If their website doesn't show you the C7, I would suggest calling them because I'm sure they have one. Not all companies are excellent at making sure their website is up to date.

great info Jeremiad, I learned something . I don't own anything that new, doubt I ever will , but I understand what is happening there. Yet with todays so called advanced tech , they let stuff like this go ? my 12.5 / 1 396 had alot more compression than this and never blew anything out. What about a trap like a kitchen sink has , when it gets full then a light goes on in the dash telling you to open a valve and it will drain back into the pan. Whatever works I guess, but seeing the issue , I would say yeah , put those cans on guys.

Yes Michael, I agree with you. Heck, don't get me started on the piss-poor quality and workmanship of current products, not just cars, but everything these days. Nobody gives a damn, and I am convinced that they actually do it on purpose, knowing that it is going to break or cause problems after the warranty runs out so that you have to buy new or incur excessive repair costs.

I'm not familiar with that particular product, but any kit should include the hoses and mounting brackets to install it. If it doesn't, you probably shouldn't buy it. Elite Engineering makes a kit for all kinds of applications, including the Corvette. If their website doesn't show you the C7, I would suggest calling them because I'm sure they have one. Not all companies are excellent at making sure their website is up to date.

Yes Michael, I agree with you. Heck, don't get me started on the piss-poor quality and workmanship of current products, not just cars, but everything these days. Nobody gives a damn, and I am convinced that they actually do it on purpose, knowing that it is going to break or cause problems after the warranty runs out so that you have to buy new or incur excessive repair costs.

Engineered failure rates are part of the modern business model. We see it in almost everything we use these days.
Remember when buying a chest deep freeze was an investment that was passed to the next generation.
Good luck trying that today. 😬

Good luck passing anything down. I moved into this house 7 years ago, and replaced the dishwasher within the first year. I've already rebuilt parts of it twice, and I am going to have to replace it again soon. So 5-6 years is a drastic change from what I grew up with.

I've replaced the stove and fridge, and the washer but not the dryer (yet - but it doesn't even have a handle any more - I gotta use pliers to turn it on lol), the blower motor on the furnace, and the drain valve on the water tank. It's all cheap junk.

Here is the catch can installed. Now to run the hoses.
catch can.png

Hey Ron, did you get the clean side air oil seperator when you installed your catch can? Do you think its a necessity?

No Don, I didn't get one, I didn't think it was necessary and, the price seemed a little to high at ($100.00 U S).Here's the can installed

Attachments

• IMG_4370.JPG
    IMG_4370.JPG
    322.2 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 12cents and hemicat
Engineered failure rates are part of the modern business model. We see it in almost everything we use these days.
Remember when buying a chest deep freeze was an investment that was passed to the next generation.
Good luck trying that today. 😬

mine have been full the last few times I have thrown them out

hehehehehehe

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
I just received my catch can today. when I was looking at the engine I noticed that one of the previous owners must of removed the PCV. There is a hose that is just looped from the outlet to the inlet.

• Wow
Reactions: ddgermann
My 03 had a plastic U tube from the valley cover to the intake (just behind the throttle body). The PCV valve was in a rubber housing just before it entered the intake side. I think the 04 may be different:

LS6 Engine
The LS6 engine utilizes an integral PCV system. The PCV system is moved into the engine's valley. The valley
cover has composite oil separating baffles and PCV plumbing incorporated. The filtered fresh air is routed from
up stream of the throttle blade to the front of the right valve rocker arm cover through a formed rubber hose. To
reduce the potential of oil pullover into the throttle bore area due to back flow of the ventilation system; the
fitting in the right side rocker cover is shielded from the rocker arms and their oil spray. Blow-by vapors are
routed from the valley cover, through a formed rubber hose that carries the vapors through an externally
mounted, horizontal PCV valve and enters the intake manifold behind the throttle body.

I just received my catch can today. when I was looking at the engine I noticed that one of the previous owners must of removed the PCV. There is a hose that is just looped from the outlet to the inlet.
pcv.gif

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.