Instead of getting a Z06 or Eray I'm contemplating a Ferrari F360 or 430 or perhaps a Gallardo when the time comes. For now I will enjoy my 23 HTC.

I am well aware that a Ferrari or Lambo of that age will not have the features or speed that my C8 has and could also cost an arm and a leg for repairs but I just cant bring myself to spend $180,000 out the door on a Chevrolet. The appeal of the Corvette for me has always been the ability to buy a car that performed and looked as good as many exotics for a much lower price. Now that the price has gone through the roof the value just isn't there for me any more. I'd rather spend the money on an Italian Exotic which I've dreamed about as long as I've dreamt about Corvettes.

Reactions: Cariboocreek
This is ridiculous and hideous! Who in their right mind will pay 300k for this? It's not even a real mid engine car. Also in that 300k USD price range they can much better options. Like just buy a Z06 or E-ray, or even ZR1, but knowing this I think GM gonna go crazy on the pricing of the ZR1.
You're gonna laugh. I contacted my dealer last night and asked him to get me on the list first thing this morning, this will be a $1m car. I have owned GT500s from 2008 and up. I am a 'stang fan! Also now corvettes...C8 and possibly ERay.

You're gonna laugh. I contacted my dealer last night and asked him to get me on the list first thing this morning, this will be a $1m car. I have owned GT500s from 2008 and up. I am a 'stang fan! Also now corvettes...C8 and possibly ERay.
There's no list, you need to apply directly with Ford, don't hold your breath

Instead of getting a Z06 or Eray I'm contemplating a Ferrari F360 or 430 or perhaps a Gallardo when the time comes. For now I will enjoy my 23 HTC.

I am well aware that a Ferrari or Lambo of that age will not have the features or speed that my C8 has and could also cost an arm and a leg for repairs but I just cant bring myself to spend $180,000 out the door on a Chevrolet. The appeal of the Corvette for me has always been the ability to buy a car that performed and looked as good as many exotics for a much lower price. Now that the price has gone through the roof the value just isn't there for me any more. I'd rather spend the money on an Italian Exotic which I've dreamed about as long as I've dreamt about Corvettes.
My buddy has an F430 Scud. He spent $35,000 on a transmission issue last year. He just got an air bag warning light. $14,000.00+ to fix it. Be careful with these older models, they are dangerous on your wallet when they start going wrong. The sad thing is, he can't sell it as anyone that sees these errors will never buy one. He is stuck and suffering.

Reactions: KTJF and PapaSmurf
No thanks! To the application!!
It's pretty ridiculous. But it's the way nowadays...very sad. 4 of us joined together to try for a gt40. We had a solid resume of Ford ownership. But the dealer principal (a friend), 2nd generation. Said we had no chance. Canada's allocation alone was so limited and Ford already knew who was going go get one before the process even started. We tried and failed. A member in our club has 2 GT40s. Stunning vehicles worth 4 times what they were new. He is a great guy and has a stunning collection. So they are in the right place. He is not a speculator.

It's pretty ridiculous. But it's the way nowadays...very sad. 4 of us joined together to try for a gt40. We had a solid resume of Ford ownership. But the dealer principal (a friend), 2nd generation. Said we had no chance. Canada's allocation alone was so limited and Ford already knew who was going go get one before the process even started. We tried and failed. A member in our club has 2 GT40s. Stunning vehicles worth 4 times what they were new. He is a great guy and has a stunning collection. So they are in the right place. He is not a speculator.
Is it the "meat" guy in Burlington?
If yes, it is a stunning collection!

We're Canadian, and we're so "nice", and we never complain about anything, no matter how egregious the offense.
That's how we're defined to the rest of the world, for the most part, and GM corporate are well aware of that little national character trait.
Since it's not going to change anything, unless we hired Antifa and Corvette Prices Matter, to picket the city of Oshawa, I'm not sure it's worth the effort.
I am half American, maybe that is why I complain , so much.;) I know I would tell my dealership/salesman, a few choice words , without being vulgar or impolite. Tell them to pass it on to GM!

• Agree
Reactions: MKinOntario
You are already status 3000, are you saying you are going to refuse to take delivery? How much was your deposit?

$1000. And it entirely depends on if my dealer's slimy tactic of throwing on a 4k mandatory ceramic coating takes my car from $146 469.04 to $158 369.03 because it'll shift me into the next tax bracket.

I'm not going to pay an extra 12k in taxes because of an already overpriced ceramic coating that they sprung on me AFTER it went to 3000.

I still have my name on Spencer's list, at least I can spec my car to make sure I avoid that magical 15% PST.

Last edited:
I'm having trouble understanding how a dealership can retain a deposit on a vehicle, which was paid when everyone (including the dealer) expected a modest price increase for 2024 (especially based on the US 2024 C8 price increase and ALL prior US/Canadian price increases following 2021), after a buyer is hit with an historically astronomic/bizarre/unheard of Corvette price increase. Is there a written contract which specifically states that the deposit is paid and forfeited if the buyer backs out, regardless of whatever price the vehicle has for 2024? Think about it. To go to an extreme, if GM decided to increase the price of a Canadian C8 by $1 million, does that mean all buyers would automatically lose their deposit when backing out of the deal??

Dealerships may view this as their right, however that doesn't mean they are right. A reputable dealership would return the deposit in full. Those potential buyers who don't want to roll over and lose their deposit, should consider consulting a lawyer or (if it's not seen as worthwhile to involve a lawyer) look to the lower Court system that's available in most provinces, which is set up for self-represented litigants, to easily/cheaply sue the dealership for a return of the deposit. If you're not savvy about how to prepare, file and serve a claim started in the lower Court, most clerks will assist with information and they usually have written hand-outs available that clearly explain the process, or there may be directions/commentary on-line. I suspect most dealerships will back down when served with such a lawsuit, or told that lawsuit will be forthcoming.

This is a problem created by GM for Canadians (only). All Canadian GM dealerships are "ambassadors" of GM. Those dealerships should help their Canadian customer base through this unexpected/bizarre time. If not, I suspect the law will favour the buyer's deposit return.

I invite others with a legal background to comment.

Reactions: rhc7gc6 and DonnieT
$1000. And it entirely depends on if my dealer's slimy tactic of throwing on a 4k mandatory ceramic coating takes my car from $146 469.04 to $158 369.03 because it'll shift me into the next tax bracket.

I'm not going to pay an extra 12k in taxes because of an already overpriced ceramic coating that they sprung on me AFTER it went to 3000.

I still have my name on Spencer's list, at least I can spec my car to make sure I avoid that magical 15% PST.
I would NOT pay, for ceramic coating, if you did not ask for it.

I'm having trouble understanding how a dealership can retain a deposit on a vehicle, which was paid when everyone (including the dealer) expected a modest price increase for 2024 (especially based on the US 2024 C8 price increase and ALL prior US/Canadian price increases following 2021), after a buyer is hit with an historically astronomic/bizarre/unheard of Corvette price increase. Is there a written contract which specifically states that the deposit is paid and forfeited if the buyer backs out, regardless of whatever price the vehicle has for 2024? Think about it. To go to an extreme, if GM decided to increase the price of a Canadian C8 by $1 million, does that mean all buyers would automatically lose their deposit when backing out of the deal??

Dealerships may view this as their right, however that doesn't mean they are right. A reputable dealership would return the deposit in full. Those potential buyers who don't want to roll over and lose their deposit, should consider consulting a lawyer or (if it's not seen as worthwhile to involve a lawyer) look to the lower Court system that's available in most provinces, which is set up for self-represented litigants, to easily/cheaply sue the dealership for a return of the deposit. If you're not savvy about how to prepare, file and serve a claim started in the lower Court, most clerks will assist with information and they usually have written hand-outs available that clearly explain the process, or there may be directions/commentary on-line. I suspect most dealerships will back down when served with such a lawsuit, or told that lawsuit will be forthcoming.

This is a problem created by GM for Canadians (only). All Canadian GM dealerships are "ambassadors" of GM. Those dealerships should help their Canadian customer base through this unexpected/bizarre time. If not, I suspect the law will favour the buyer's deposit return.

I invite others with a legal background to comment.
All my deposits , for any car , were all reimbursable at time of signing. I made sure it was written.

I've had 2 Corvette's ceramic coated nowhere near 4k,

I would NOT pay, for ceramic coating, if you did not ask for it.

I didn't ask for it, but my sales person was like it's not a choice, it's a "mandatory service we're providing because these cars deserve to be protected"... no mention of this mandatory cost until after it went 3000.

Dueck is a really slimy dealership.

Reactions: Red Devil
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.