wigj.......If you are at the top of the list your dealer should be calling you to ask if you wish to change to a Z51. ( if they have an allocation )

That's what happened to me,,,I had to take Z51 with no mag ride instead of base with mag ride.

Everyone on here will be celebrating when you get an allocation,,,,hope it's soon.
Hey dyoung .... I am in the same position possibly having to change my order to the Z51. The car will never be tracked, so a nice driving car is what I am looking for. Do you regret not getting the mag ride? I've never had it so have no idea on the difference myself. o get the price back down to my original I am probably going without the front lift as I have heard mixed feelings on it's necessity.

I had mag ride on my last 3 C7's and usually left it in touring.

I didn't miss it on the c8 Z51 as it rode more like C7 sport,,,would have been nice to have but I can get along without it.

I too deleted front lift when I had to move up to the Z51 but I also don't miss it as the C8 doesn't rub in spots where the C7 front lower air dams scraped.

I had mag ride on my last 3 C7's and usually left it in touring.

I didn't miss it on the c8 Z51 as it rode more like C7 sport,,,would have been nice to have but I can get along without it.

I too deleted front lift when I had to move up to the Z51 but I also don't miss it as the C8 doesn't rub in spots where the C7 front lower air dams scraped.
Thanks for your opinion. It helps in making a decision if I have to go with the Z51

Thanks for your opinion. It helps in making a decision if I have to go with the Z51
I scrape all over the place. I have lift. Can I do without it? Likely. Do I want to? No. I prefer not having to do weird angles with places I scrape and have to go to. It's a lot of money though. If it's a must Z51 over front lift to get a car, I'd get the car however it comes. Love it that much

I scrape all over the place. I have lift. Can I do without it? Likely. Do I want to? No. I prefer not having to do weird angles with places I scrape and have to go to. It's a lot of money though. If it's a must Z51 over front lift to get a car, I'd get the car however it comes. Love it that much
Getting close now, so don't really want to step back and loose the position. Just trying to prepare ourselves in case we need to alter our build. Thanks for your input Murray. Much appreciated.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Anyone know how many Wilson Niblett got? I put my deposit down last oct (12 months). They’ve quoted me for next summer but I have a feeling I won’t get it until 2024 or beyond.
Bill Spencer got 4 and Brian Cullen got 6 allocations, we can assume Wilson Niblett got between 4 and 6

Reactions: ggurface
Anyone know how many Wilson Niblett got? I put my deposit down last oct (12 months). They’ve quoted me for next summer but I have a feeling I won’t get it until 2024 or beyond.
They are pretty honest. If they said that, then you are likely to get one then, but parts shortages can always throw a wench into things

Not sure how many they got, but it's a total guess by any Dealership....(frustrating to say the least). I've been waiting since July 2021 at another Ontario Dealership and I'll be lucky to get it by next summer I think....It's the 'silence' from the dealers that is most frustrating, I wish they could at least give people waiting an update every few months with an updated # etc but that doesn't seem to be he case with most Dealers....

What I read , dealers who flip Vettes, will get their allocations cut. My dealership is doing this and , up to now have gotten, 1, 2023, allocation , when they were supposed to get at least 4. Dealers, make a bigger profit, buying used and reselling , than getting a new Vette.

Reactions: butsy
Not sure how many they got, but it's a total guess by any Dealership....(frustrating to say the least). I've been waiting since July 2021 at another Ontario Dealership and I'll be lucky to get it by next summer I think....It's the 'silence' from the dealers that is most frustrating, I wish they could at least give people waiting an update every few months with an updated # etc but that doesn't seem to be he case with most Dealers....
Dealers already have your deposit. Yes, it would be nice to be proactive, but they also need to keep the flow of customers coming in for their own business. That applies to sale people who could well be working on commision alone. That doesn't stop you from calling them and asking where you are on their list. Some will give you a run around, but an honest one will answer your question. Canada has been light on allocations lately, but it still helps to keep track of dates and your number on the list.

Dealers already have your deposit. Yes, it would be nice to be proactive, but they also need to keep the flow of customers coming in for their own business. That applies to sale people who could well be working on commision alone. That doesn't stop you from calling them and asking where you are on their list. Some will give you a run around, but an honest one will answer your question. Canada has been light on allocations lately, but it still helps to keep track of dates and your number on the list.
lol....you sound like you work for a Dealer?? You are correct, they have OUR $$, so at the very least, maybe update your customers since you are sitting on their $$ and earning interest on it. I think the mass email to the list of people on it might take less than 3 mins total....4 times per year, 12 mins of their time....seems easy to me, but what do I know?

lol....you sound like you work for a Dealer?? You are correct, they have OUR $$, so at the very least, maybe update your customers since you are sitting on their $$ and earning interest on it. I think the mass email to the list of people on it might take less than 3 mins total....4 times per year, 12 mins of their time....seems easy to me, but what do I know?
The only interest I have in this is to help the members of this forum. I can see both sides. I always do. Do I agree with you? Yes, but I can also see why it is not high on a dealers list. It should be on it though as Corvette sales have been repeat customers. Also, salespeople are talkers, not computer geeks. If you call them they are usually very eager to chat. Which is likely what they're doing instead of emailing you. lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.