Hi, anyone know what’s going on with October allocations? My dealer keeps telling me I’m next but I haven’t heard anything yet.

Hi, anyone know what’s going on with October allocations? My dealer keeps telling me I’m next but I haven’t heard anything yet.
usually few people here reports to us allocation numbers from 2 tops dealers and that gives us a hit of how good or bad the allocation was but this time no info was shared

I spoke with my dealer yesterday and I am currently sitting at #3. He was saying that GM notified them that due to constraints, they would only be doing cars with the Z51 package for the remainder of the year. Not sue if anyone else has heard this, or if they are just trying to get me to change my build.
No, there is some truth to this. I've heard it from other sources. But more accurately there is a certain percentage that must be Z51. It's up to GM to decide what and when.
Edit: It's because of the diff. They likely don't have enough regular diffs and the Z51 has the E-diff

Last edited:
Reactions: SONSH1NE
wigj.......If you are at the top of the list your dealer should be calling you to ask if you wish to change to a Z51. ( if they have an allocation )

That's what happened to me,,,I had to take Z51 with no mag ride instead of base with mag ride.

Everyone on here will be celebrating when you get an allocation,,,,hope it's soon.

Reactions: SONSH1NE and wlgj
wigj.......If you are at the top of the list your dealer should be calling you to ask if you wish to change to a Z51. ( if they have an allocation )

That's what happened to me,,,I had to take Z51 with no mag ride instead of base with mag ride.

Everyone on here will be celebrating when you get an allocation,,,,hope it's soon.
thank you

Reactions: dyoung

Just called my salesman , you are 100% right. He told me exactly what you said.

Reactions: SONSH1NE and dyoung
No, there is some truth to this. I've heard it from other sources. But more accurately there is a certain percentage that must be Z51. It's up to GM to decide what and when.
Edit: It's because of the diff. They likely don't have enough regular diffs and the Z51 has the E-diff
Thanks for the information. I just found it odd that he was saying that it was only Z51 for the entire rest of the calendar year. We will make the decision when it comes time. Glad to see that my salesman is on it.

Reactions: Murray20c8

Constraints can be all over the road. Last month my dealer only had one Z51 allocation, so I took it but was able to order it with mag-ride. Had I waited until this month, from what I read I might have been able to order the non-Z51 but without FE2 mag-ride as it is on constraint. It appears 70% of orders must be Z51 this month. I have no regrets changing my order to fit the constraints, so long as I ordered more and not less ;).

Let us say, my dealer, gets an allocation, this year,2022, I would have to fork over an extra 10 thousand $ for something I did not want. My build price , dealer said, is price protected at 99068$, for a 2023. If I change even one button, I will pay the price increase of June 2022 and Z51. I started my first build at around 72000$ because I first ordered a 2020 1LT. Then upgraded, to 2LT, then an HTC, then added some options. Because of all the delays and constraint my price keeps going up and added 3 to 4 price increases. So, after 32 months wait, I can wait for my allocation and hope, it comes in early 2023 and get the car I ordered. As for mag ride, my 2016 had it and my 2017 z51 does not and I cannot see the difference. Thanks for all your support and I will let you know, as soon as my allocation arrives, at my dealership.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.