This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Featured NOVEL SOLUTION TO C8 STALLED PRODUCTION (your input is needed)

Featured Thread
OK so I'm up to 13 applicants so far, who have contacted me personally. All of them realized my mistake in the original posting, where I said no applicants under 50 need apply, whereas I meant to say over 50 (as pointed out by ddgermann; thanks) so everyone is indeed under 50 which is great! There's even one person fluent in Spanish. Gracias Amigo!

Some weird questions from a few of the applicants, such as whether they'll receive free hand sanitizer, if their current employment benefit plans will continue to apply when they're down in the States or Mexico, if their pet dog can join them on the production line, if Elon Musk can take them to planet Zercon on the next SpaceX, and whether they should update their wills given the COVID risk. Don't worry, I'm working on a response to all such questions and will contact each person individually with answers, in due course.

With this pending workforce, this idea now has a better chance of becoming a reality! I'll keep everyone posted as to new developments and for anyone sitting on the fence, now's the time to dive in! Why wait when you're just sitting at home doing nothing?? I'm already more optimistic and looking forward to driving my 2020 C8 convertible!!

Reactions: ddgermann
Good thinking SN-III!! But I'm thinking a new shirt redesign for any CCF participants, which will not only promote the CCF where the idea started, but also emphasize our "Canuck" presence in both Kentucky and Mexico.

One possibility is:

[CCF logo]
I helped CRE8 my own C8 and it was GRE8!
Bowling Green, U.S.A. 2020

[C8 photo]

For people working in Mexico, substitute "Monterray, Mexico 2020" for the Bowling Green reference, assuming that's where the Spanish speaking participants will end up in Mexico. And the C8 color on the shirt should match the color of the participant's actual C8.

Any other suggestions are welcomed. Keep these great ideas coming!

Reactions: ddgermann

Here's a friendly suggestion. When you order up the shirts for the Mexico contingent, perhaps spell Monterrey correctly.... lol.....

Reactions: Cariboocreek
As a former Chrysler assembly plant worker, (maintenance supervisor), one obstacle to this plan is that you will need to bring in MANY UAW workers to train the newbies. 3 days work training newbies will interfere with their unemployment benefits. The UAW would NEVER allow it. Not to put anyone down, but a plant of newbies with 3 days training but virtually NO experience means quality is in the toilet. It's great to toss ideas into the ring but this ain't gonna fly. But feel free to continue to entertain us.

No wait...let’s ask China to build them for us! Lol

Great plan. Unions should be outlawed. They simply slow things down to a crawl and drive the prices up on said products. Many companies do not have unions and function WAY better than their competitors that have unions in place. Useless bunch of people.

Reactions: kerry4
Ya, thanks. I was in a union. They have their uses, but require a balance. You don't want sweat shops to reappear.

Reactions: 12cents and pozi240
Ya, thanks. I was in a union. They have their uses, but require a balance. You don't want sweat shops to reappear.
Agreed 100%. I was CAF (military) for much of my adult life, so obviously no unions, LOL. However, now that I've retired from the CAF and am working for the Fed government again as a civilian, I'm quite happy I have a profession union behind me (Technical engineers and scientists group), and for the most part, it works well for us.

Seriously you worked in the garment industry? They still have their uses. Some are certainly too powerful but don't lump them in with the sweat shops that would still exist and do in areas like China. Yes, I think that some of the auto worker unions are too powerful, but not all unions are like that.

Reactions: pozi240
Actually my first job ever was in the textile industry until China made it impossible to compete. So yeah that was in the garment industry. My 35 year tenure was in the abrasive industry. Both were union jobs and both sucked. There was no choice on whether you wanted to pay union dues or not. I have friends that work at Toyota and they refuse to let a union in and get paid just as much as a union shop. Whats your point?

Counterpoint;
Do you honestly think Toyota would pay nearly as well and have the same benefits if the UAW plants didn’t exist? Not looking to argue with you at all, just a fair question. I think most would agree that the UAW is far too powerful and has very predatory behaviour in general, not to mention political interference. However, corporations cannot be trusted to treat their employees well or “do the right thing” unless coerced. This has been shown time and time again throughout history.

Reactions: 12cents
Whats your point?
My point is you are out of touch if you think that all unions are powerful and that there are not still people in industry that are under paid and over worked and would benefit from a union. Why is there a minimum wage? I was in a union and never made a pay increase to inflation in 40 years! All the gains I made were through hard work and personal growth. Lumping all unions in the same basket is just not correct. Anyway, lets not argue about it any more. You have your opinion and I have mine. I'm not even sure how this thread was not shut down long ago.

This has been an interesting thread. I’ve been enjoying people’s point of views. I think, I’m going to start another along the same theme.

LIBERAL, NDP, BLOCK, and GREENS. ARE THEY ANY DIFFERENT? (your input is needed)
Or better still…
LIBERAL or CONSERVATIVE? (Your input is needed).

oh and once this has been beaten to death, we’ll discuss Mustang or Corvette!