Featured Thread
Here's an idea: if we can get the United Auto Workers Union on side and perhaps it'll be more inclined to do this, since it continues to avoid exposing their workers to any COVID-19 risk, how about:

1) take all expectant C8 owners who are now out of a job, currently at home and in need of something to do, and want to participate in a voluntary once-in-a-liftime experience;
2) each volunteer agree to commit to a minimum of 1 month, or until Bowling Green resumes its normal operations, whichever comes first, plus give at least one option to renew the agreement for that same month;
3) each volunteer and his/her spouse or significant other, sign an iron-clad waiver where they can't sue GM for anything COVID-related, plus provide a recent (no older than 2 days) Doctor certificate confirming they are COVID-free, healthy and able to do some medium to heavy manual labour, and with none being under the age of 50 to better mitigate COVID's potential fatal consequences (notarized birth certificate required with all applications; sorry to you older C8 fans);
4) send them all down to Bowling Green with GM paying for their return transportation, plus room and board, plus return transportation from their place of residence to the plant. Each volunteer to be retested for COVID-19 upon arrival and again, at the end of the agreement before returning home. There would also have to be spot-checks periodically during each shift and each volunteer would of course have to immediately report any COVID-like symptoms. Perhaps each worker could have their temperature taken at the start and end of each shift as an additional precaution;
5) train them for individual tasks on the production line (2 or 3 days training???);
6) restart the plant with these "volunteers" (#4 above being their only "payment"), employing safe distancing and cleaning each station between individual workers;
7) GM to look after any COVID-related healthcare costs for these volunteers, if they can't make it back in time to Canada's healthcare system or properly access the Kentucky healthcare system, as the case may be;
8) start cranking out C8's, with added quality control attention for each phase of production, due to all these greenhorns putting C8's together.

As a start, we'll need these volunteers declared a "Corvette C8 essential service" to make the U.S. and Canada happy and be granted cross-border access. Is there anyone on these Forums who has the necessary background and skills to look into that aspect and start the paperwork?

It's a complete win-win: everyone stands a better chance of getting their 2020 C8...plus they'll not die of boredom sitting around at home, plus they lessen the (at a minimum for food) financial burden they're now creating at home, and they'll have a great story to tell their grandkids later when proudly looking at photos of their first C8 20 years from now. As well, GM will get much needed income and fewer complaints about C8 quality, when some of their audience is responsible for that quality.

I realize this plan will need a little tweaking here and there, so I invite your comments/contributions. As well, all those interested and who qualify age and health-wise, feel free to add your name as a volunteer to this posting...

You heard it here first folks. :cool:

Sure; as part of the Canada/U.S./Mexico tri-national agreement (CUSMA, as we call it here in Canada) and to better promote global harmony in the Western hemisphere, that's another win-win aspect to this proposal. Perhaps we can weed out all Spanish-speaking applicants from the expected massive volunteer list and prioritize them for Mexico to better fit in to the production plants in that country.

I'm sure that Mexico will also agree to this plan and appreciate those who can speak Spanish to better understand what the plant foremen are saying in Mexico.

As indicated, this proposal will need just a wee bit of tweaking and I look forward to all other constructive improvement suggestions. :)

Jeffer2013: don't be so negative! I'm sure we can work this out, including all the other necessary details... AND your idea of *beer* is a great additional incentive! Add that to the list! Thanks!!

Ol Yeller: YES; I WANT MY C8! If I wasn't over 50 (damn!!!) I'd be the first to volunteer... I'd even start Spanish classes if more volunteers are needed down in Mexico...

• Haha
Reactions: OL Yeller
Jeffer2013: don't be so negative! I'm sure we can work this out, including all the other necessary details... AND your idea of *beer* is a great additional incentive! Add that to the list! Thanks!!

Ol Yeller: YES; I WANT MY C8! If I wasn't over 50 (damn!!!) I'd be the first to volunteer... I'd even start Spanish classes if more volunteers are needed down in Mexico...

"and with none being under the age of 50 to better mitigate COVID's potential fatal consequences (notarized birth certificate required with all applications; sorry to you older C8 fans);"

Seriously funny post but you may want to do an edit. Would love to see the eruption this would cause on a Southern forum...

Thanks for the Tuesday morning laugh. :thumbs:

as per normal I was just kidding

part of my being near is to give you old folks some laughter

I have limited knowledge about the supply chain and assembly line work ... but on the planet Zercon, this may work. On Earth, not in a billion years.:rofl1:

Yeah.It won't work on Zercon either. I personally know several Zerconians and after that fiasco trying to supply Ford with the Zephyr, they vowed to stay out of the auto manufacturing market. They have made a fortune manufacturing the zipper and plan on keeping it that way... :Biggrin:

I so I just came in from the garage,
just sitting in my C7 for about 60 minutes,
not doing a whole lot other than wondering
if I was going crazy and need some serious help.
Came back into the house and logged into CCF
and read this C8 Forum Thread ....
Nope, I’m perfectly fine. 🤪

Last edited:
I so I just came in from being in the garage, just sitting in my C7 for about 60 minutes, not doing a whole lot other than wondering if I was going crazy and need some serious help. Came back into the house and logged into CCF .... Nope, I’m perfectly fine. 🤪
Do you need a second opinion?

better yet, have GM make C8 kits for us DIY guys and send them out Hundred dollar C8.jpg

I so I just came in from being in the garage, just sitting in my C7 for about 60 minutes, not doing a whole lot other than wondering if I was going crazy and need some serious help. Came back into the house and logged into CCF and read this thread .... Nope, I’m perfectly fine. 🤪
Keeping tinfoil over my head keeps my thoughts safe. :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.