I don't recall if the VIN program is offered in Canada which means USA will receive many more cars than Canada.
it is available in Canada, but you can't just pay for it, you have to request it and give GM reasons why you are or think you are a "VIP" and they will decide if your reasons are special enough to accept your extra money.

it is available in Canada, but you can't just pay for it, you have to request it and give GM reasons why you are or think you are a "VIP" and they will decide if your reasons are special enough to accept your extra money.
And they NEVER ask your wife so don't bother. Just accept the fact that you're not special! ;)

Interesting info from Kai Spande (Plant Director) on C8 Build Restrictions from the Corvette Blogger site - there is a video as well as the info below:

1662497757401.png

These restrictions are some examples, so not the complete list and must make the line planning a nightmare. Line speed is 11.6 C8's per hour. Nothing in this provides any insights into why they are having problems building the Z06's. My interpretation is they could theoretically build up to 40% Z06 as long as only 40%-50% of the Z06's have the Z07 package.

Last edited:
Interesting info from Kai Spande (Plant Director) on C8 Build Restrictions from the Corvette Blogger site - there is a video as well as the info below:

View attachment 100437

These restrictions are some examples, so not the complete list and must make the line planning a nightmare. Line speed is 11.6 C8's per hour. Nothing in this provides any insights into why they are having problems building the Z06's. My interpretation is they could theoretically build up to 40% Z06 as long as only 40%-50% of the Z06's have the Z07 package.
I posted that several days ago.

Nope these are new ones on Thursday
I totally agree. The new allocations came after the original 15. I did hear from another form member another dealership in Calgary received a car. I spoke with that dealer and they did get allocation for a car and picked a grey Z06 and it sits at event 1100. The dealer owner is taking that car. I would like to know of the original 15 for Canada what event code they are at?

Reactions: Gilles27
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.