News flash: no more Z06 allocations until 2024, 2025, 2026 or 2027 (pick one)...HOWEVER a-la "turning lemons into lemonade":

-this give us all more time to save our hard-earned dollars
-anyone who would otherwise have driven a Z06, can pat themselves on the back for "saving the planet" by not driving such a gas-guzzler
-the "noise pollution" from the Z06 exhaust system, will be similarly delayed
-GM can perfect the Z06 so all the bugs are worked out; assuming it was originally scheduled for a release far too early to account for all its problems (we'll all pity those who bought the early "lemon" versions)
-this gives us all more time to distance ourselves from COVID-related supply issues, so GM should be able to stock up on necessary parts and produce LOTS of Z06's starting 2024, 2025, 2026 or 2027 (pick one)
-we'll all be that much older and wiser, with our driving patterns; hence less accidents when driving Z06's
-those of us too old to drive such a sport car safely in 2024, 2025, 2026 or 2027 (pick one), will save $$$$ by not purchasing a Z06, thereby leaving more inheritance money for our families, much to their joy
-GM dealerships can make an absolute killing on interest earned on other people's money, with the Z06 deposits they're holding
-this gives plenty of time for people to buy other vehicles or give up on ICE vehicles altogether and "come to their senses" and buy an EV, once again "saving the planet"
-with the "successful roll-out" of the new Canadian luxury tax...and after finding it to be a great money earner, the Federal Government will have even more time to increase the tax on luxury vehicles (albeit, in small increments to reduce the pain and prevent a backlash, until achieving their ultimate goal of 50%), thereby reducing other tax measures it otherwise would have created (yeah right)

Just kidding folks (?). :(:Pistolsmiley::(

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
What might be MECF?

MECF: Mid Engine Corvette Forum, which reported this news from a video at the now on-going National Corvette Museum 2022 anniversary get-together in Bowling Green...which video comment from the GM VP Global (Scott Bell) was confirmed by Harlan Charles, the GM head of Corvette Marketing. Sadly, it's true...

MECF: Mid Engine Corvette Forum, which reported this news from a video at the now on-going National Corvette Museum 2022 anniversary get-together in Bowling Green...which video comment from the GM VP Global (Scott Bell) was confirmed by Harlan Charles, the GM head of Corvette Marketing. Sadly, it's true...
Thanks for the reply. I did figure what MECF after googling it. It's hard to believe everything on the net. First day of allocation they release 15 cars for Canada. Then 2 days ago Alberta got allocation for 2 cars on top of the 15. Sad no cars are coming this year.....

The rollout of this car is a f-ing joke. What new car ever comes out but can't be purchased due to all the stupid s**t that has happened to date (pandemic/supply issue or not)?

There's also no real tests from car mags or YT yet but the people that "might" get this car soon are buying it blind..............that's another disaster right there.

No worries from me, I have no interest in this car I'll stick with my killer FME 1 year low volume production M7 ZR1.

Confirmed on the MECF directly through GM, no more Z06 allocations for 2022 calendar year.
This latest cutback in Z06 production looks like any significant production is not going to start until 2023. If this was simply supplier problems with parts GM would have known this months ago. Tells me there is some other issue holding up the Z06 production, presumably related to the "plant constraint". Z06 production was originally scheduled to start in ApriI/May, then August, then September, now January or? I expect we will eventually hear something on why this is happening. Still hopeful we will see Z06 production at the orginally targeted 30% level...............................eventually.

Looks like I will be keeping my 2022 C8 for at least another year.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.