This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Featured New Wheels installed

Featured Thread
Nov 12, 2009
New Brunswick
VetteCoins
Car
2006 C6
My Z06 style chrome wheels are 8 years old, and I've been losing air from my rear tires slowly over the past few months. I did do a soapy water test, and found that the leaksge was between the rim and the tire bead. On my previous tire change, the tire shop had noticed a bit of aluminum corrosion on the tire bead area of the rims, had polished out, and used bead sealer to prevent air leakage. That did work, but since I was thinking about changing to a new style of wheels, it was time to pull the trigger. I got a great deal on a set of C7 Z51 wheels (18x8.5 +56 and 19x10 +79 offest) and took the plunge.
Although I do like chrome, the latest fad is black, but I'm not totally sold on the completely black wheels so I split the difference.
Here are a few pics of the new wheels. I'm still waiting for the delivery of the center cap decals. I haven't decided on whether to do the caps black, or leave silver. I also have chrome caps as well. I'm open to suggestions on the center caps.

Last edited: