May 4, 2021
Ottawa
VetteCoins
Car
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Province
ON
I know the Fast wheel discussion has been brought up before, but I just wanted to post pictures of the FAST FC04 in Metallic Black (very close to the C8 Carbon Flash). As you know, these are their "Flow Formed" (or Hybrid Forged) wheels, and are very light (21lbs for the front, 24lbs rear, for a 20" x 11"), which is very light and in line with much more expensive wheels. (I paid under $1200 tax inc. for the set). I also picked up some black tuner style lug nuts (thank you @Driver_WT for the link) off of Amazon to work with these. More parts from ACS Composites inbound soon......
FC04.jpg
fc04_2.jpg
fc04_4.jpg

This is why I question why anyone would pay $1000 for carbon flash paint when you could purchase a lighter and more appealing wheel for $1200 complete plus have a full set of silver for free
Exactly Gilles! I almost (in fact, my order had the Carbon Flash option checked off for the build), but, I was never fully satisfied with the factory black wheels, but, at $1395, I figured, what the heck, since I wasn't prepared to pay $3800 - $10k plus for aftermarket wheels, then I saw the FC04 option. I don't think many people know they make sizes to fit the C8....... and just how decent a wheel they are..... (I always equated Fast wheels as cheap winter use rims for your daily driver....LOL). Who knew.....?

Reactions: Gilles27
This is why I question why anyone would pay $1000 for carbon flash paint when you could purchase a lighter and more appealing wheel for the same price complete plus have a full set of silver for free
Because I prefer the black wheels and when the A/S tires wear out I'll get new rims and summer tires and use the stock black ones with snows.

Because I prefer the black wheels and when the A/S tires wear out I'll get new rims and summer tires and use the stock black ones with snows.
"Snows"?? This car will never see winter weather...(I realize its capable), but that's why I have a daily car, my Mustang never was driven to work much less go out in bad weather, can't see the C8 seeing much use outside of the weekends.

"Snows"?? This car will never see winter weather...(I realize its capable), but that's why I have a daily car, my Mustang never was driven to work much less go out in bad weather, can't see the C8 seeing much use outside of the weekends.
Snows are for cold weather not just snow. Mine doesn't see snow either, but it does see cold weather.

Reactions: ShawnC8
Wheels look great.
I know the Fast wheel discussion has been brought up before, but I just wanted to post pictures of the FAST FC04 in Metallic Black (very close to the C8 Carbon Flash). As you know, these are their "Flow Formed" (or Hybrid Forged) wheels, and are very light (21lbs for the front, 24lbs rear, for a 20" x 11"), which is very light and in line with much more expensive wheels. (I paid under $1200 tax inc. for the set). I also picked up some black tuner style lug nuts (thank you @Driver_WT for the link) off of Amazon to work with these. More parts from ACS Composites inbound soon......
View attachment 86903View attachment 86904View attachment 86905
Very nice. My FC04 wheels are Titanium finish, I love the color and the finish on the wheels is very good.

Reactions: pozi240
That’s a great price for some nice wheels. Did u buy them from a local dealer?
Thanks
Yes. Sipan Tire, they're a large, local tire and wheel dealer in the east end of Ottawa. Great deals, plus they sponsor a lot of local car clubs, like Ottawa Mustang Club, Capital Corvette's, etc. They also give military discounts as well. Great people there. I buy a lot of tires from them.

I am getting a 2021 vette with z51 pkg but also plan to use it a bit over the winter so curious what snows you were getting to fit standard rims and from where?

I am getting a 2021 vette with z51 pkg but also plan to use it a bit over the winter so curious what snows you were getting to fit standard rims and from where?
Jack Raccoon should help you with that, but I'm guessing Michelin Ice

Do these have hub specific fitment for the C8?
I've asked him to quote on Vossen rims for me but 2 calls later and nothing back from him yet.
If the Fast are fitted I may consider those considering teh price
Mike

Do these have hub specific fitment for the C8?
I've asked him to quote on Vossen rims for me but 2 calls later and nothing back from him yet.
If the Fast are fitted I may consider those considering teh price
Mike
Like most aftermarket wheels, they have a 72.6mm bore, so you would need a set of hubcentric rings (66.9mm for the C8). Not a big deal, I've used them before for my winter wheels on multiple vehicles.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.