How would a plate collector get his hands on one of those new plates? Hey EJ...if you got an extra one kicking around, or one falls off someones car, would you send it to me? LOL

You'll probably see one on a car in your neighbourhood sooner rather than later. They're only held on by screws.

How would a plate collector get his hands on one of those new plates? Hey EJ...if you got an extra one kicking around, or one falls off someones car, would you send it to me? LOL

Here is the new Ontario plate in after 2 yrs hahahah one wet splash and it will wash clean hahahahhahahah
1581002088627.png

The lady at the MTO said she could scratch the paint off with her fingernail. Soooooo.....

They do look kind of cheap with no raised lettering. Will have to see how reflective they are in night driving. I will say this, it will look very good on my Elkhart Lake Blue C8 in terms of colour match. I wish we could drop the front plates completely. I hate the look of them on the front of cars.

They're actually very reflective, having shined a light on them. They'll likely pop just as much as the old ones, if not more.

Reactions: ABC
Ever since the people in prisons stopped making license plates they have gone to crap. You used to be able to find 50 year old plates that were in better shape than the ones now. Sourced out to save money I guess. Not like the prisoners had much else to do.
They are still made in correctional institutes. The new blue ones are made in Lindsay, Ontario.

Reactions: kerry4
Reactions: EJChevy
Don't know where you heard that from. It's probably a #FakeNews jab at Doug.

All Ontario licence plates are made by Trilcor Industries. Its name comes from the words trillium, the provincial flower, and corrections - the plates are made by prisoners at the Central East Correctional Centre in Lindsay.

Must have been fake news that I heard. Then the prisoners must be given cheap materials to work with cause plates now are pure crap.

Last edited:
Ford's new blue plates are officially here. We just got our first ones in. Incidentally for a new Corvette customer.

View attachment 35971
View attachment 35972
View attachment 35973

What do you think of them?

They aren't as high quality as the old ones. It's literally a flat bit of sheet stainless steel with a sticker slapped on the front of it. The letters are no longer raised. I do like the blue background, but it's bright and bold and may clash with some paint colours. I'm not a fan of the font used for 'Ontario' and 'A Place to Grow'.

UGH !! I have 1967 Ont plates I use for events on my 1967 427/390HP L-36 roadster....nice medium blue with clean white numbers/letters....hugely better than the Ford 2020 garbage plates. When are they going to learn ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.