Cobourg, Ontario
VetteCoins
Username Style Freeform (Sponsors)
Thread Title Style (Sponsors)
Car
2009 Base 1LT
Province
ON
Ford's new blue plates are officially here. We just got our first ones in. Incidentally for a new Corvette customer.

IMG_20200204_140018.jpg

IMG_20200204_140059.jpg

IMG_20200204_140104.jpg

What do you think of them?

They aren't as high quality as the old ones. It's literally a flat bit of sheet stainless steel with a sticker slapped on the front of it. The letters are no longer raised. I do like the blue background, but it's bright and bold and may clash with some paint colours. I'm not a fan of the font used for 'Ontario' and 'A Place to Grow'.

Ford's new blue plates are officially here. We just got our first ones in. Incidentally for a new Corvette customer.

View attachment 35971
View attachment 35972
View attachment 35973

They aren't as high quality as the old ones. It's literally a flat bit of sheet stainless steel with a sticker slapped on the front of it. The letters are no longer raised. I do like the blue background, but it's bright and bold and may clash with some paint colours. I'm not a fan of the font used for 'Ontario' and 'A Place to Grow'.
Maybe I should have ordered plates before this happened arggg hahahahah 1st world problems hahahahah

Definitely prefer the look of our current plates, but hate how they go to crap after a few years. If the new ones hold up better I'll be happy.
If you have a set with the paint falling off the numbers, you can return them, and get a new set for free. But. It must be in a 5 year timeframe since you got the bad ones.

If you have a set with the paint falling off the numbers, you can return them, and get a new set for free. But. It must be in a 5 year timeframe since you got the bad ones.
I traced over my daughters plate numbers with a dark blue Sharpie marker. Can't tell them from the originals.

• Haha
Reactions: Tango

I like the Blue Combo Colours ... BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY ... I am all out and need to see more of that PLATE FRAME ...
Now that I can really embrace ;) on my entire fleet of 5 (PM photo please)
It just may mean that I need to detour on my way to UNB this Fall ...

I like the Blue Combo Colours ... BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY ... I am all out and need to see more of that PLATE FRAME ...
Now that I can really embrace ;) on my entire fleet of 5 (PM photo please)
It just may mean that I need to detour on my way to UNB this Fall ...

Oh yeah, we got new plate frames. You definitely should come down and pick up a few. ;)

Reactions: 2mnycars and YFCvii
I just bought my wife a new Honda CRV the other day. When we picked it up it had the new blue plates on it. Thought it was a Michigan plate at first look. It has the letters CMBW at the first and a few numbers that I forget. When I read at the bottom " A place to grow" I figured they were talking about Marijuana. :Laughingatyou:

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
Definitely prefer the look of our current plates, but hate how they go to crap after a few years. If the new ones hold up better I'll be happy.
Ever since the people in prisons stopped making license plates they have gone to crap. You used to be able to find 50 year old plates that were in better shape than the ones now. Sourced out to save money I guess. Not like the prisoners had much else to do.

How would a plate collector get his hands on one of those new plates? Hey EJ...if you got an extra one kicking around, or one falls off someones car, would you send it to me? LOL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.