Not to sound paranoid, but are my new headers compliant? I'm not due until next summer anyway. I'm not too worried since I just talked to my buddy who's a licensed tech, and he was saying it's a joke, but that there are still ways around it. Thanks Manny.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Justin , you will have to come in so we can add the rear o2's and turn them on . No big thing b buddy.

[mob][/mob]
So in my case where I have no provisions for rear '02s, can we use '02 simulators and turn them on? My heads/cam car used to pass the sniffer test up to this point.....even with the high flow cats......is there still a conditional pass available for cars that require X amount of repairs etc?
[mob][/mob]

[mob][/mob]
So in my case where I have no provisions for rear '02s, can we use '02 simulators and turn them on? My heads/cam car used to pass the sniffer test up to this point.....even with the high flow cats......is there still a conditional pass available for cars that require X amount of repairs etc?
[mob][/mob]

Good question about the simulators. I also have no bungs for rear O2's.

C.

Good question about the simulators. I also have no bungs for rear O2's.

C.

I have used sims in the past , and they have worked .

I'm just not sure how it would be with the new system .

Colin if you want we can at some point, install your o2's and turn them on .

I have used sims in the past , and they have worked .

I'm just not sure how it would be with the new system .

Colin if you want we can at some point, install your o2's and turn them on .

Ok Manny -- we can always do that......my '11 isn't due for a test another 5 years so at the moment I'm not too concerned.

I'll talk to you about it next time in.

C.

Interesting subject. I wonder what has transpired/developed in the last year since Manny posted this thread.

Manny when you get a chance will you shed some light on this for everyone please.

Cheers,

C.

Hi guys , its actually easier to pass the etests these days .

The system does no check for emissions , but rather for monitor readiness .

With that said, the cars do need to have a few drive cycles to activate the monitors. So if your battery has been disconnected the monitors will need to be activated .

It does not matter what mods you have so long as the monitors are working .

We have cars making over 1000rwhp that are passing :canada:

Manny

How long of a drive after a dead battery does someone need to drive?

It depends , but we can check that for you Fred , as well I can lend a hand held monitor checker , so you can see for yourself that the monitors are in the ready state . On top of that we have software to turn them on:D

I passed my emissions test this afternoon.

It was also explained to me that if you do not pass because of 02 or Evac all you need to do was go back after 24hrs, pay an extra $17, get re-tested, and even if you still fail because of those sensors they'll still pass you. Because I had the battery die on me and since replaced that I was going to fail on those sensors. But I guess after driving it around today was good enough. I was willing to pay that $17 just to get that temp sticker off my car.

What a cash grab.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.