I have ordered my stock Mobil 1 cap on amazon.
ACDelco FC221 GM Original Equipment Mobil 1 5W30 Engine Oil Filler Cap

by ACDelco
4.8 out of 5 stars 30 reviews from Amazon.com |

Be the first to review this item

List Price:CDN$ 37.58 Price:CDN$ 26.27 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 35. DetailsYou Save:CDN$ 11.31 (30%)

Only 8 left in stock.

Want it Monday, September 24? Order it in the next 14 hours 7 minutes and choose Express Shipping at checkout.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca.

3 new from CDN$ 26.27

Last edited:
Just the standard engine. Wet sump
Rats, not that easy to resolve then. There are so few Dealerships who do not separate the difference.
They keep it simple for the staff and avoid the result of anyone niot thinking while doing the work.
Option I did on my truck was to pay the difference for the upgrade ... until now as I pay the whole shot.

Last edited:
Rats, not that easy to resolve then. There are so few Dealerships who do not separate the difference.
They keep it simple for the staff and avoid the result of anyone thinking while doing the work.
Option I did on my truck was to pay the difference for the upgrade ... until now as I pay the whole shot.

Now that my service is done that we get from GM for no charge LOL, I buy my own oil and filter take it to the dealership and for $20 they do service. Also Canadian tire has 5w30 mobil one on sale for 25 bucks, bought 20 emptied the shelf.

They keep it simple for the staff and avoid the result of anyone thinking while doing the work.
Total rip off on the price of the Mobile 1 $18.32 X 7L = $128.24
Considering you can get Mobile 1 at Can Tire for around $35 when on sale that is one help of a profit margin
YES! K.I.S.S. for the staff. You really have to watch what is going on or they will just go with the flow.

Considering you can get Mobile 1 at Can Tire for around $35 when on sale that is one help of a profit margin
YES! K.I.S.S. for the staff. You really have to watch what is going on or they will just go with the flow.
Labour is less expensive @ $46.90 per hour and they charged 1/2 hr. That might be better than in AB!

On sale now for 25.64 for 4.734 litres

Now I need to find oil filters on sale
GM filters are AC/DELCO I believe. AC used to be a division of GM before being spun off.
Any autoparts store would be more than willing to sell you a case. I don't think I would go to that quantity in case you get deterioration with time but 3 or 4 would be good.
Same with oil. It does degrade over time especially once opened. How long it keeps while sealed in the jug is something else but I don't think I would want to go beyond three-four years sitting around in the garage.
Checked out the oil cap on Amazon and they do not want to ship to Canada. Will have to use a USA address. Same with an insulated bag. Not to Canada

GM filters are AC/DELCO I believe. AC used to be a division of GM before being spun off.
Any autoparts store would be more than willing to sell you a case. I don't think I would go to that quantity in case you get deterioration with time but 3 or 4 would be good.
Same with oil. It does degrade over time especially once opened. How long it keeps while sealed in the jug is something else but I don't think I would want to go beyond three-four years sitting around in the garage.
Checked out the oil cap on Amazon and they do not want to ship to Canada. Will have to use a USA address. Same with an insulated bag. Not to Canada[/QU

Not worried about oil it will be fine. Use same in my 70 c10 and daily driver. They are shipping to me that's interesting. Maybe because of different provinces. Will keep you updated on arrival Friday

Thx ... for the cap info ... ordered one for my going-in-for-service day as
the "bling cap for show" has a lot of relief on it and might get messy if the
service tech isn't kind ... :Rage:

Last edited:
Reactions: Darren
Installed on my C7 today - Option #1 👍🏻
Thanks for everyone’s input ...

Before doing that though, I mocked up this ...
thinking about pranking my dealership in the weeks to come
for the first included oil renew on our new Chevy Trax ... it’s Mobil 1 boys 😂
444F0AB2-537B-46DF-A1A6-9A15BFFC0B3D.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok, sad news. Cap arrived looked great, but,
Doesn't fit I'm guessing for dry sump only.
Good news Amazon refunded no issues when I sent it back through UPS for free.

Will keep looking

• Informative
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Ok, sad news. Cap arrived looked great, but,
Doesn't fit I'm guessing for dry sump only.
Good news Amazon refunded no issues when I sent it back through UPS for free.

Will keep looking
Wait What? … your car is dry sump 3LT Z51 … isn't it?
The reviews say plenty about Z51 success …. weird ...
I guess I'll find out this Friday :Shifty: ….

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.