YFCvii

Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
VetteCoins
OK ... whatcha think about this Mr. GM Includive Oil Renew Service Consultant ... Got my hands on this Engine Compartment Bling and it’s real easy to install. Here’s the Bling.
0AD5C13F-514E-4C36-95A2-DAE2499BBFDC.jpeg

Now a matter of orientation ... thought I’d see what the troops think before the “peel & stck” process ...
Here’s before ...
A28C2AA7-C3AB-46AC-A83B-C5F4FE784E9C.jpeg

Here’s Option 1 to match the orientation of the existing cap...
0915C669-2A94-42FE-8C69-BD76835262EB.jpeg

Here’s Option 2 to go perpendicular to the first option ...
00070FD7-D7B3-4DF1-B6A7-344B04A0F234.jpeg

I’m thinking Option 1 but also decided to gather thoughts and then do what my Wife says in order to eliminate the “I told you so” later on down the line 😂
(some may notice I am experimenting here while using her Corvette)

Equally as important is this will be the first carbon fibre element on our C7s and judging by an awesome black C7Z just 300kms North of me, carbon fibre add-ons have been observed to spread like a rash ... 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
I would go for option 1 as well
As an aside, the option 2 is/was included with the original documentation on the purchase of the car. See attached pic

Attachments

• DSCN9236[1].JPG
    DSCN9236[1].JPG
    662.5 KB · Views: 30
Suppose you could resort to option 2 if you are over seven feet tall, thus allowing you to look over the top edge of the hood to get the right visual angle to read it. Myself I'm only 6 foot - two, best to go with option 1 for the short guys like me.

I would go for option 1 as well
As an aside, the option 2 is/was included with the original documentation on the purchase of the car. See attached pic
Yup that’s why I zoomed out for photo 2 as the sticker is there ... and they still bitched at me ... well I more bitched at them 😂
Except where I bought it 300km away (that’s a great dealership up in Edmonton)

Just ordered a actual replacement cap for the car.View attachment 20086
Where from Darren?
Just got my oil changed and I had specified Mobil 1when I made the appointment.
Service manager had just written in for ordinary oil change (Dexox) so if I had not kept my eye on it that is what I would have gotten.
The oil cap is just one extra fail safe.

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Where from Darren?
Just got my oil changed and I had specified Mobil 1when I made the appointment.
Service manager had just written in for ordinary oil change (Dexox) so if I had not kept my eye on it that is what I would have gotten.
The oil cap is just one extra fail safe.
Do you have Z51 & dry sump? If so, GM Canada has finally recognized a Bulletin for the
inclusive Mobil 1 oil renew. I have developed a perspective as I go through this that some
Discretionary Dealerships are not happy with their reimbursement from GM which paints
every Dealership being true to the Bulletin with the same brush ... I am now asking to
receive the left over from the 10th litre of Mobil 1 as it takes two-4 litre and two-1 litre to complete
the job (approx 9.2 litre or so is needed) :happy:
I my 2016 is done with the shenanigans and the 2017 next summer - so the bling is soon just
a conversation piece. :thumbs:

Do you have Z51 & dry sump? If so, GM Canada has finally recognized a Bulletin for the
inclusive Mobil 1 oil renew. I have developed a perspective as I go through this that some
Discretionary Dealerships are not happy with their reimbursement from GM which paints
every Dealership being true to the Bulletin with the same brush ... I am now asking to
receive the left over from the 10th litre of Mobil 1 as it takes two-4 litre and two-1 litre to complete
the job (approx 9.2 litre or so is needed) :happy:
I my 2016 is done with the shenanigans and the 2017 next summer - so the bling is soon just
a conversation piece. :thumbs:
Just the standard engine. Wet sump

Reactions: YFCvii
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.