Featured Thread
Welcome to the forum Scott, I am just down the Hwy from you.
We should hook up in the spring when all the snow is gone and a couple of good rains to wash the roads.
Cheers Jim

Welcome Scott.

You started off perfectly with photos and a bit of your Corvette story.

Enjoy your time here and better yet find some of these CCF guys around you go for some Corvette rides.
:thumbs:
Thanks Derek I appreciate it. I would love to get a few CCF cohorts for a cruise some time over the next crusing season. I sometimes go to Pete's Big Bite in Whitby on Friday nights sometimes with my other old beastie sometimes in my DD. Another friend of mine purchased a C5 late last year so haven't seen it yet, but he's up north...and a few car events coming up this month and next to get in the mind set of cruising not cursing...I hate winter :(

Reactions: ddgermann
Welcome to the forum Scott! The C4 looks really really nice......and then you get to the louvers....:D I've actually never seen them on a C4 before. I love them on the Camaro's. Who knows, maybe I would like them on the C4 too? Definitely a fence item. If you like them, then just tell me to take a hike and that someone who likes fender stripes should not be judging someone with louvers. ;)
But all joking around aside, I can't believe Glen gets killed. No more TWD for me. Actually, I stopped watching the show after they got to the CDC and things fell apart there. Maybe some day I'll pick back up and watch the series again. Not really too much to do during the winter when the car's in storage.:couchpotato:
Oh I don't mind re the louvers. Some times I look at the photo of the car (while it's in slumber) and think it's ok as it's different. Other times I think WTF?? I mean these things are over 500 to purchase...I like you liked them on the Camaro or even on one like my 81 T/A but I too never saw one on a VET or a C4 ever before. Soooo? You can't mistake mine for another Competition yellow C4 at a show right? LOL...and I can see out the back and no TINT (which I had on other cars and made backing up at night a challenge!! So pro and CON on these. If they were not glued on (tabs) I would take em off to see...As for Glen I know I stopped watching TWD around the same time when they killed him off...Maggie..oh man can you imagine what that would do to a person? Anyway thanks for the comments...I never get offended by others opinions unless it's an ATTACK meant to instill ILL feelings which I know is not the case here...even IF I hate a car at a car show I wouldn't say anything to the owner...unless I know him...then WATCH OUT LOL....

Attachments

• DSCN2052.JPG
    DSCN2052.JPG
    956.9 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: Riley P
And that Lakeshore Drive between Newcastle and Port Hope is such a great Corvette road!
David
David your SO right...well ok it's a good road for some cars >LOL my little spitfire doesn't like it much until they fix the rough spots...and the train bridge on my bike when it's wet...well...not so fun LOL...but for sure meet up in spring I'm down Belleville way every weekend (sometimes like today during the week) so I sometimes come back HWY 2. A buddy likes in Newtonville he has the house with the gas pump and garage near the road. Barry...cool garage and nice guy...but for sure nice weather trip by the lake is in order!!!

Reactions: vintageracer
View attachment 14490 WOW!
I have a Spitfire too!!!! 1977. Scruffy but decent runner.
Ah yes the 77 first year for the TR7 style steering column. Mine is a 76 and it's as close to MINT for a DRIVER I can think of. I purchased it last Spring (MARCH) and I have air shocks to put into it to prop up the rear. New shocks and leaf spring by the former owner didn't solve the SQUAT they all do but from forum posts I found out (and there corvette sized or rather fitment go figure) air shocks will do the trick and to put a bit LESS air one side to the other. I had a progressive air equalization system on my Vulcan Nomad for air shocks to fill. My Monte has Air shocks in the rear and I'm going to put in a gauge on both systems so I can keep track of the air input. I have a zero loss bicycle pump to use as well so no seals blow..biggest problem with Air shocks filling them from the air pump!! Here is a pick of my Spitfire and I'll throw one in of the Monte (since I know that will be the next request LOL)....and yes those are corvette 8" rims on the Monte Carlo a 1970 halo roof car.
Scott.

Attachments

• IMG_20170401_135116.jpg
    IMG_20170401_135116.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20150821_100307.jpg
    IMG_20150821_100307.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
Beautiful Monte Carlo Scott. I have owned several of the 78-80 years, but have always loved the 70-72 styling. Classy muscle car, thanks for posting.

Reactions: ve3hzz
The Monte Carlo is an interesting one to me. I can't recall how they were marketed, luxury or luxury muscle but they are a unique looking car and yours is a beauty. Nice fleet, the Triumph is very cool.

Nascar03, Graham's son is involved with the Monte Carlo movement in the west and owns a beautiful car (maybe two) as well.

Again welcome to the forum.

Beautiful Monte Carlo Scott. I have owned several of the 78-80 years, but have always loved the 70-72 styling. Classy muscle car, thanks for posting.
Thanks it's my favorite year body style wise of all the Monte Carlo's. A friend has a 1980 that was a V6 Turbo car but now has a 350 under the hood. He is in Scarbourgh Ont. A nice T top black one. Small during those years. I've put some work into it under the hood and some interior refinements as well. And my other little beastie...79 Fiat 124 Spider 2000 the start of the 2.0L and last of the carburated engines. I like RED LOL so the Corvette is for sure a departure from the norm...

Attachments

• IMG_20150531_144640.jpg
    IMG_20150531_144640.jpg
    690.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20150821_100533.jpg
    IMG_20150821_100533.jpg
    820.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20160506_143552.jpg
    IMG_20160506_143552.jpg
    867.4 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: vintageracer
The Monte Carlo is an interesting one to me. I can't recall how they were marketed, luxury or luxury muscle but they are a unique looking car and yours is a beauty. Nice fleet, the Triumph is very cool.

Nascar03, Graham's son is involved with the Monte Carlo movement in the west and owns a beautiful car (maybe two) as well.

Again welcome to the forum.
Thanks appreciate the welcome. The Monte Carlo was introduced and marketed as a personal luxury car. It was inexpensive but classy as some of the ads stated from the time. Problem was it came out AFTER the Pontiac Grand Prix which had a jump on it for rivals so it got more attention and launched as a 69 model. Even though the Monte Carlo was launchs in September of 1969 with a few build late August that year it was a 70 model. Mine was an Sept 69 build and with the vinyl top was a "halo" roof car where the trim goes up near and around the front with some chrome and paint at the leading edge of the roof. More rare as after April 70 they stopped and took the vinyl to the windshield to elminate trim and save a few $ on chrome...typical GM. So I plan on keeping the vinyl roof but it's in need of replacement now. Nice Z06 BTW they were my other late gen favorites. Mine first love of Corvette's is a 63-67 then the 68-72 but I like them all mostly..ok well not the 74-77 years I have to be honest those are my least favorite but I can still find things I like about them...74 least of all and maybe someday it will be a collectors item LOL...just like a C4 maybe??

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
0737A49E-17F0-4029-BB67-4DBA60041817.jpeg
DFA9B76A-5B12-4295-A733-86B98CDBC3AF.jpeg
Hi Scott..
I love the Vette and the Monte Carlo.
Be sure and checkout the First Generation Monte Carlo site( or maybe you have already)
My son is quite involved with that.
He organizes the FGMCC Western Meet every year, this year in The Dallas, Oregon..in August.
He will also be attending the Eastern Meet in Carlisle, Pa in June.
The FGMCC was in MY CLASSIC CAR with Dennis Gage last week.
Dennis talked to a couple of Club members.
Here’s a shot of his toys.
‘70 in Misty turquoise, 350 SBC. Owned for 20 years.
And ‘71 SS In Copper, 454BBC

Enjoy your C4.
Graham

Last edited:
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Thanks for the information. Am I correct that you could get a big block in the Monte Carlo.
You are correct. The SS Monte Carlo was a 454 car. They apparently (but no solid evidence) had a 402 which was a 396 punched out. The ONLY way to know 100% for sure a Monte was an SS (70-71) was if it had factory Air Ride suspension in the rear with the compressor on the drivers side plastic fender liners. IF not it was a made up SS even IF someone changed the body plate etc. And an SS did not have to have bucket seats, or full gauges etc. All it had to have to be a true SS (only some 4000+ in 70) was obviously the correct body plate with the car and the air ride with the 454 under the hood. All 72 454 cars factory were Customs...no SS in 72 seen a few SS 72's LOL...nice try!!!

View attachment 14503 View attachment 14504 Hi Scott..
I love the Vette and the Monte Carlo.
Be sure and checkout the First Generation Monte Carlo site( or maybe you have already)
My son is quite involved with that.
He organizes the FGMCC Western Meet every year, this year in The Dallas, Oregon..in August.
He will also be attending the Eastern Meet in Carlisle, Pa in June.
The FGMCC was in MY CLASSIC CAR with Dennis Gage last week.
Dennis talked to a couple of Club members.
Here’s a shot of his toys.
‘70 in Misty turquoise, 350 SBC. Owned for 20 years.
And ‘71 SS In Copper, 454BBC

Enjoy your C4.
Graham
Graham I am familar with that car (Misty) and I am a member of FGMCC been a member for years. But not on much of late. I wanted to attend Carlisle PA event but the timing has not been right to both attend or take my 1st Gen to it. Your Son's name escapes me right now but I've read and had conversatoin with him. Another FG member Larry who lives near Port Perry (Nesleton) has a beautiful 71 triple black SS that has all the right stuff...was his uncles car. Great guy and he works for Metroland and they put out a Crusing magazine each spring for the car season. He is much more active on the forums then I am. I must admit my forum posts have been sparatic over the last couple of years there. Being I was on so many with the Vulcan Owners VROC etc. But yes I recognize the cars..what is the old saying 6 degrees of separation!!!
But Car Guys are all bro's from coast to coast and country to country. Gear heads are the same!!
Great cars he has...and love the color!!!
BTW mine is a 350 bored and stoked to a 383 with now a rebuilt TH350 and soon to get new rear end gears...as will the vette in coming major mods ;)

Scott..
There are documented 402 4-speed Monte Carlos out there.
My son's name is Aaron.....and goes by CANUCK on the FGMCC forums.

take care
graham
Aaron yes Canuck...great forum advocate!
As for the 402 4spd not saying there are not any but from old timers here who worked on the line building them from the start none of them remembers ever building or seeing a 4 spd 402 and I've never seen 1 in person..so they must be rare. Someone stated there is suppose to be a 3 on the tree as well as shows in the original owners manual from 1970 which I have, but like the Convertible it was I doubt ever built. But if someone has documentation from GM that's good just I've never seen it nor 1 in person to verify and no one at GM Canada HQ I've spoken 2 has confirmed it's existance, but then there are more SS Monte Carlo's (and Chevelle's) now on the road then were built new all saying numbers matching!! It's not just GM my 69 Dart Swinger 4spd 340 there are more of them now then built new and it's very hard to identify...unless you want to crawl under a car or remove a panel etc....but a pedel car MC would be fun to drive/own...just a lot of work to convert one for me! Mine is no numbers car at all and I like it that way...then I can play with it and do what I want...no fear of any value being removed in mods...I'm no purist unless it was a very low mileage vehicle then like most I'd be less likely to change things...

Reactions: nascar03
Great looking Monte and Vette Scott. :) Here's another view of my 71 SS454 Monte.

Aaron
Hey Aaron that's a GREAT SHOT...hmm maybe I can photo shop one like it for mine LOL JK...its a GREAT picture. We don't have that vista here well not in Southern Ontario where I am anyway ;)
Thanks for the comments. Mine was in the calandar a few years back on the FG for May which is my month of birth so that was cool. I still like Misty as don't see that colour combo either. Need to get onto the FG site and read up some posts, winter is catch up time for that...which is how I ended up here :)

Soon it will be time for sprucing up some rides for spring....

Scott

Just saw the 2nd picture of Misty. I love the color combo. That is an early 70 halo roof car like mine I think? What was the month of manufacture and which plant?

Welcome to the forum Aaron. I had the pleasure of meeting and visiting your dad two summers ago and heard all about both of your love for cars and saw the Nascar memorabilia collecting you grew up doing together. You have two sweet Monte Carlos there and now that you've joined a Corvette forum, maybe a Vette will be your next acquisition.... Now who do we both know that has two Corvettes that might be willing to share one with his son.... ;)

Eric

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.