Featured Thread
Dec 3, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
67 427 435 hp
Province
BC
New to the forum, recently purchased a 1967 427, L71 435hp roadster originally sold at Gorries in Toronto. Also factory optioned with pipes, headrests, power windows and power brakes. Originally Rally Red with a black stinger and now black with a blue stinger and bolt ons. Last painted in 1973 and presents as a nice driver. Has a restoration block and apparently the original block is located somewhere on Vancouver Island. Would love to locate it! I plan to drive the car for a couple of years while I finish another nut & bolt restoration project (non-Corvette) then restore this car.

New to the forum, recently purchased a 1967 427, L71 435hp roadster originally sold at Gorries in Toronto. Also factory optioned with pipes, headrests, power windows and power brakes. Originally Rally Red with a black stinger and now black with a blue stinger and bolt ons. Last painted in 1973 and presents as a nice driver. Has a restoration block and apparently the original block is located somewhere on Vancouver Island. Would love to locate it! I plan to drive the car for a couple of years while I finish another nut & bolt restoration project (non-Corvette) then restore this car.

Gorgeous ride Edge. Welcome to the forum. one of our island members @OneTrueChevyGirl might be able to give you some contacts to start looking for that block.

Welcome to CCF. What a beautiful car. My favorite year of C2. The back up lights, and stinger hood. I had a coupe way back when. Those side pipes are the best. When the secondaries open up, the sound is incredible, just outside the door.

Thanks for the warm welcome and kind feedback. Its a priority for me to see if I can locate the original block so any tips or referrals are welcome. Once I get into the car when spring rolls around (the car is in deep storage until then), I'll likely have some questions.

Wow, great looking roadster.:thumbs:

Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your search. Heard the motor was in a jet boat owned by some guy named Relic but might just be a rumour. :Biggrin:

Thanks for the welcome...well if its in Gibsons that would be a great lead...just so long as it isn't his boat anchor.

Welcome @Edjemontvillage. Congrats on the new beautiful 67. That stinger hood and sidepipes are so awesome. Best of luck hunting down that 427 BB.

Welcome aboard!
Looks like a beauty and a great restoration project. But its a good thing that you will be able to drive and enjoy it for a couple of years before restoration. I'm not even close to finishing on mine and already worried about road hazards!

Now THAT is one special C2!! (No reference to Forrest Gump intended LOL!) Welcome @Edgemontvillage - thanks for sharing pics and deets. It's really beautiful! Was it still in Canada or did you have to bring it back up? Very curious story about the block and why it may have ended up on the island. Who doesn't love a barn find or urban myth story. But, generally there's some truth in there somewhere. Husband Dave rebuilds engines, carbs, you name it; guys are always calling him with stuff they have or need. I'll mos-def ask him to keep his ears open for you.

You're gonna enjoy your car so much! Can't you hardly wait to get it out there in the spring!!?? Our 64 vert is all back together and I plan to make it my summer daily driver.

A big thank you shout out @Black 03 Z06 ... Thank you Murray - so so much for the parts and pieces you kindly sent us for the restoration cause! Surprisingly, the headlights worked well, so now the extras bits are part of a growing stash. We lucked out and found a hardtop (locally) a few months ago. A nice old boy had it stored in his garden shed for 25 years. @Edgemontvillage - Sting Ray karma is a real thing!

Thanks for the shoutout. The car was originally sold to a Toronto cop then to a guy who repainted it black and did some restoration work in 1973. The story then goes cold until the car was bought in the late 90s by a Vancouver Island car dealer for his personal use then sold it in 2014 to the guy in Langley BC I bought it from. I first saw the car at a concours event in White Rock BC in September 2018. The guy who maintained the car for the owner is a friend and introduced me to the owner who was going through a divorce and was thinking about selling the car. I kept in touch and was finally able to buy the car in November of this year. There is still a lot of history to piece together.

Would like to locate an orginal dealer emblem from Gorries Chevrolet Toronto, any leads would be appreciated!
757CFAD8-EF8A-4430-A18B-E6F237B16F95.jpeg
FFD33B2E-20D8-4B08-957D-B91AB34122C8.jpeg

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing the info on your beauty! I feel you have many everyone else here very envious of your new possession.

Well I finally picked up the car this week from winter storage in Penticton BC where its been since November. It was a 900KM / 550Mi one day round trip but well worth it. I took the car for a brief spin before we loaded it onto the trailer for the return trip and it was great. There was a package of miscellaneous items with the car when I picked it up that I went thorough when I got home. Along with some paperwork I discovered a couple of early photos of the car and one included these two guys. I'm told one of the guys in the photo is a former long term owner of the car (father and son maybe?) when the car was in Victoria BC. If anyone recognizes either of the guys in the photo please let me know!

A former owner (and his son?) - Do you know these guys?

Loading the car in Penticton for the trip back to Vancouver

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread