Nov 18, 2012
Pickering
VetteCoins
Car
2002 C5 Convertible
Hello everybody,

I am new to this forum and also new to getting work done to my 2002 C5. I have had the car for approx 4 years and thought I would keep her the way it was (had the Corsa Exhaust and Hurricane Air Induction already installed when I bought her) I started talking to Manny at Dasilva Motorsport and after a few phone calls I decided to go with the LG Long Tube Headers, along with lowering the car, a 4 wheel alignment and finally had her put on the dyno for a proper tuning.

I must admit that Manny was great, his staff knew what they were doing and the equipment in his shop is fantastic. They took every precaution to make sure the car was completely protected while they performed the work.

The worst part after getting the car home, it went from the trailer into my garage and stored for the winter. I never even had a chance to go for a drive. Needless to say, I am extremely excited about spring. I have the bug now, and can see myself visiting the shop in the spring and seeing what else can be done.

Thanks once again Manny to you and your crew.

I look forward to speaking to others on this forum.:D

We're having nice weather until at least Thursday. You have lots of time for a test run. Our car doesn't go away until the salt goes down. One year, we had our Chevelles to our daughter's wedding the first week of December. A week later it was salt and snow everywhere. I guess I am too old to waste a single good day. We were out for a fifty mile drive today. The weather was too nice to resist. ;)

The thought of going for a drive is tempting, unfortunately the insurance is off until May. Nothing worst than walking by a toy without ever being able to play!

Thanks for the welcome to the forum.

Hello Colin,

I have attached a few pics. One of the car at home and a few when she was getting some work done at Manny's. She only has 22000k's so she is still pretty new. We don't drive her much, only on special sunny days. The best part of getting the work done, is my wife saying the neighbors may not like the additional noise!!:D

Attachments

• corvette! 020.jpg
    corvette! 020.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 26
  • corvette-alignment.jpg
    corvette-alignment.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 25
  • corvette-side.jpg
    corvette-side.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 25
  • corvette-top.jpg
    corvette-top.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 25
Hello Colin,

I have attached a few pics. One of the car at home and a few when she was getting some work done at Manny's. She only has 22000k's so she is still pretty new. We don't drive her much, only on special sunny days. The best part of getting the work done, is my wife saying the neighbors may not like the additional noise!!:D

I think I caught site of your ride at Manny's recently. Very nice. You'll love the LG's -- one of the best money can buy.

Have you got any details of the dyno he did -- like the b4 and after of the tune?

C.

Welcome to the forum Paul. I hope to get to Manny's one of these days. Sounds like quite the place. Nice looking C5 you have. Love the colour!

Nice ride. The Corsa's sound great. It's probably much louder with the LG's.:D I thinkvthat I may have stumbled on your ride at Manny's as well. He does great work, and takes pride in what he does too. Hopefully we'll see you around at some of this summer events.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

I think I caught site of your ride at Manny's recently. Very nice. You'll love the LG's -- one of the best money can buy.

Have you got any details of the dyno he did -- like the b4 and after of the tune?

C.
Hello Riley,

I was just looking at the Dyno Sheet and the initial run was 290RWHP and 312 Torque.

Once the work was done, it ran at 314 RWHP and 333 Torque.

Far cry from the 500 club, so I got a long way to go:)

Welcome to the forum Paul. I hope to get to Manny's one of these days. Sounds like quite the place. Nice looking C5 you have. Love the colour!
Thanks Case.

As soon as we saw the car and the way the original owner had kept her we knew we had to have her. The deal was sealed when he handed us the original window sticker all framed.

Welcome & Awesome C5 Vert.
Looks like a great find. Don't make the same tragic mistake as the first owner and hardly drive the beast. All that accomplished for him was to supply a new owner with a barley used Vette for a fraction of what he paid for it.

These things are made to be driven. Get out there and drive it.
LG's & Corsas have an addicting sound. Hopefully you are hooked and can't wait for that fix again.

This week has been Great Vette weather. I put 350K on mine yesterday.

Enjoy.:canada:

Hello Mark, I couldn't agree more that she sounds fantastic. This was just the start of my mods. Ironically my wife bought me an early Christmas Gift, she got me a personalized plate "WILDVETT". I think she is just as excited about spring as I am.

Looking forward to a meeting at Manny's this summer to say hello to many of you and to get a chance to check out all the great cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.