CCO

Old Timer
Aug 5, 2011
Cambridge ON
VetteCoins
Car
2006 vert, 1994 vert
Picked up yesterday and took a few of our rides.
Mine is the GS coupe, and Terry's is the '06 convert.
My colour is Crystal Red, and I thought his was Monterey Red but apparently it's not -- anyone know that colour?
It's just a little darker/bluer than my Crystal.

mini-IMG_0011.jpg

mini-IMG_0010.jpg

mini-IMG_0008.jpg

mini-IMG_0005.jpg

mini-IMG_0004.jpg

mini-IMG_0003.jpg

mini-IMG_0002.jpg

Very nice! Hard to tell the color difference in the pictures. It reminds me of one of the car shows I attended where I parked beside my friends C5 that was the same color as mine. However, when we asked a spectator which color they liked better, they liked my friends car better. Jerks.

It was actually quite funny.

Thanks guys. We're quite pumped about them, especially Terry who didn't think I'd give up my IS-F for anything.
Love the nimbleness of the new 'Vette, apart from the power and handling. These little bombs are really quite light compared to the IS-F (4000lbs) and the SHO (4200lbs).
Lovin' 'em. Can now see what all the excitement has been about for all these years. Feel for all those who can't (or won't) have one.

My bro and I were 10 when we came here and first saw all these great American cars -- and of course everyone lusted after a Corvette (the first of which was produced 4 years b4 we came.

Cheers, and we're lookin' forward to that first mod -- Manny.:D

C.

Guys,
Terry's car is probably victory red. Look in glove box, should find code
74U, which is V.Red.
Same colour as my '06 conv.

Enjoy, Tony

Thanks Tony -- Apparently it's another name for Monterey Red made by another supplier.

The victory red you mentioned is quite a bit lighter.

I'll get the colour name and code from him later. He just bought some touch-up paint and it's on the container.

Thanks
C.

Guys,
Terry's car is probably victory red. Look in glove box, should find code
74U, which is V.Red.
Same colour as my '06 conv.

Enjoy, Tony

Found out now that Terry's paint code is 80U which they say now is Red Jewel. When the car was made tho Gm called it Monterey Red.

A little confusion on that colour but the code is the same 80U.

If you go into this Corvette Forum you'll see the discussion about it back in '06.
Interesting.

C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.