I'm New Here
Apr 15, 2018
Brighton
VetteCoins
Car
2017 corvette 1lt
Province
ON
Hey guys, got my car in July i ordered the car through a local dealership first corvette for me love the car so far. 2019 artic white corvette 2lt Z51 7 speed with mag ride, carbon flash package, red interior. Thought I would share. Be a long winter this time around....

Attachments

• 1CAED806-9EBB-45C4-BDA1-07EFC5EB5C21.jpeg
    1CAED806-9EBB-45C4-BDA1-07EFC5EB5C21.jpeg
    398.5 KB · Views: 90
  • F1699B4F-AA64-4E56-B302-71D86867F8C0.jpeg
    F1699B4F-AA64-4E56-B302-71D86867F8C0.jpeg
    667.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 5FAD2048-40AE-4EE6-9075-8430CCC26158.jpeg
    5FAD2048-40AE-4EE6-9075-8430CCC26158.jpeg
    707 KB · Views: 90
  • FDD0A5FB-8387-402A-9FCB-9234C580315F.jpeg
    FDD0A5FB-8387-402A-9FCB-9234C580315F.jpeg
    373 KB · Views: 93
  • 4E6A9108-C3F6-4AAC-9942-57287F09C67A.jpeg
    4E6A9108-C3F6-4AAC-9942-57287F09C67A.jpeg
    316.3 KB · Views: 98
Congratulations on your new acquisition and the best thing to follow up on while you wait for Spring (or for during the next 12 months) is to enjoy a trip to Las Vegas ... and oh yes ... there just happens to be a Corvette Owners Driving School opportunity just West of town ... check out all the write ups on these Forums as you will never regret the opportunity that suits every driving style .... and it’s Vegas Baby 😁👍🏻

Here’s a couple of my threads on it ...
Spring Mountain Corvette Owners School Easter Weekend - 30&31 March 2018
... and ...
LAST ONE TO LET GO .... WINS

Last edited:
Beautiful car Brighton guy! Kinda looks familiar and I loooove the red interior. I bought off the lot but would have picked the red interior if available. To me, as a guy who drooled over the early Vettes when I was a kid, white with red is the classic colour scheme. Z51 adds some great features but the bottom line is you have a fantastic car at a bargain price when compared to other supercars. It is tough to keep them in storage all winter but spring should come a bit earlier in Brighton than in Ottawa - you being in the south and all that!

The driving conditions have been good around eastern Ontario for the last couple of weeks and I get these deep urges to drive the baby but I know that cold temperatures crack the tires so a little self discipline is better that the applied discipline of buying new rubber. Check out member flyboy999; he drives his Vette all winter with 4 snow tires :). Don't know him but sure do like a man with heart. It hurts to pay for a car all winter and only drive it for 6-7 months.

Reactions: ccltj and 2019vette
Hey guys thanks, I traded a 2016 Camaro 2SS in on the Vette Before that I had a 2006 350z as well a cobalt ss turbo, so I’m used to a coupe and used to the lt1, great car I still think to this day it’s a spectacular design that will take a long time to age. C7 was simply designed right in my eyes.

35 years young and never thought I’d own a corvette at this age, this has been a dream since I was 16 I have always loved corvettes my father always did but never got to own one. Lost him last May never got to see my Vette in person but knew it was ordered.

I usally do a lot of stuff to my cars and I’m sure this will follow suit, the following is either waiting to be installed or in the mail or installed.

ACS Composite complete aero kit side skirts & stage 2 splitter with winglets

Oracle clear markers

Halltech stinger r intake

Led lighting to finish off the interior hatch portion, if I had one complaint it would be why put led lights in the front and not in the hatch? Looks tacky but this is hardly worth the mention.

Acs front mud flaps

I have already put ppf on the complete front of the car and had the windows tinted.

Here’s a few pics of my old cars, I know a few guys in Brighton one with a 2014 artic white he lives close to me, as well as one real close with a I think to be a 2006 c6 white corvette both good guys to talk to, both have put the offer out to tour so I will be excepting this spring we will all get together.

Attachments

• 50F55734-3D0C-49AA-90AD-3534A6B394E5.jpeg
    50F55734-3D0C-49AA-90AD-3534A6B394E5.jpeg
    765.6 KB · Views: 68
  • A491302F-318B-4D47-AD32-1755347F1DC1.jpeg
    A491302F-318B-4D47-AD32-1755347F1DC1.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 63
  • B8577756-52B6-4594-9B5C-A948888A6757.jpeg
    B8577756-52B6-4594-9B5C-A948888A6757.jpeg
    145.7 KB · Views: 57
  • A7ED8728-170B-4C36-B608-503E586FE494.jpeg
    A7ED8728-170B-4C36-B608-503E586FE494.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 30A3F909-E637-4A11-835C-F3346F6D77B9.jpeg
    30A3F909-E637-4A11-835C-F3346F6D77B9.jpeg
    232.1 KB · Views: 52
Hello and very nice. It's almost the same as mine except for convertible, auto......bla bla bla. I insisted on the red interior too. It just pops out at you!

Cheers and have fun, buddy!

Reactions: ccltj
I love the white with a red interior. The car looks fantastic and am looking forward to seeing what you add to it. Your old car collection looks pretty good! Glad to hear you finally got your dream car, but am sorry to hear you lost your dad before you could both enjoy picking up the car.

Hey guys thanks, I traded a 2016 Camaro 2SS in on the Vette Before that I had a 2006 350z as well a cobalt ss turbo, so I’m used to a coupe and used to the lt1, great car I still think to this day it’s a spectacular design that will take a long time to age. C7 was simply designed right in my eyes.

35 years young and never thought I’d own a corvette at this age, this has been a dream since I was 16 I have always loved corvettes my father always did but never got to own one. Lost him last May never got to see my Vette in person but knew it was ordered.

I usally do a lot of stuff to my cars and I’m sure this will follow suit, the following is either waiting to be installed or in the mail or installed.

ACS Composite complete aero kit side skirts & stage 2 splitter with winglets

Oracle clear markers

Halltech stinger r intake

Led lighting to finish off the interior hatch portion, if I had one complaint it would be why put led lights in the front and not in the hatch? Looks tacky but this is hardly worth the mention.

Acs front mud flaps

I have already put ppf on the complete front of the car and had the windows tinted.

Here’s a few pics of my old cars, I know a few guys in Brighton one with a 2014 artic white he lives close to me, as well as one real close with a I think to be a 2006 c6 white corvette both good guys to talk to, both have put the offer out to tour so I will be excepting this spring we will all get together.

Welcome to the forum. I also have a white 2015 z51 M7. Like you, I like to modify. One of the first things I did was to get ARH mid length headers, Halltech carbon cai and change the oem shifter to a MGW shifter ... a huge difference in the quality of the shift. I'm waiting to have a Katech light weight flywheel, silicone rad hoses, carbon dss driveshaft and LG G2 coilovers installed in the spring. Yup, it's going to be a long winter.

Enjoy the car!!

Reactions: Riley P
tyho, I'd like to know more about the MGW shifter. My 2017, purchased new in August 2018, with 3500 kms has always been difficult to shift from 1st to 2nd when cold and sometimes when warm. All other gears are fairly good but not as smooth as other manual tranny's I have had over the years. Even my old 79 MGB shifts smoother than the Vette. What is a MGW shifter, what does it cost, installation difficulty, etc??? If this is highjacking the thread can we take it off line with a PM?

Thanks.

tyho, I'd like to know more about the MGW shifter. My 2017, purchased new in August 2018, with 3500 kms has always been difficult to shift from 1st to 2nd when cold and sometimes when warm. All other gears are fairly good but not as smooth as other manual tranny's I have had over the years. Even my old 79 MGB shifts smoother than the Vette. What is a MGW shifter, what does it cost, installation difficulty, etc??? If this is highjacking the thread can we take it off line with a PM?

Thanks.

I bought the shifter on line straight from MGW. The quality is fantastic compared to the OEM shifter. The shifts are more precise and the notchiness is gone. When the car is cold, shifting from 1-2 is a little difficult no matter shifter you have. I did the install, about 2 hours. I watched the video and followed the instructions carefully. I'm somewhat handy but no means a mechanic. Go onto the MGW website to watch the video and you can decide if this is something you can do. Cost was about $300 Can. You can also get more info on the US forum since they have a much larger membership, so more input.

The first week of July had me in a decision making state between the 'Arctic White' and 'Blade Silver'. I went for the silver, the 8-speed auto and Kalahari interior. Took delivery in late August and my wife and I basically 'lived' in it until the 2nd week of November. Like you it is our first Corvette, only difference being that I have another 30+ years on you. With the style, performance and handling of a C7 Z51, it puts a smile on your face every time your out for a drive, regardless of your age.

Even though I live in Peterborough I'm often running Hwy 2 from Port Hope to Trenton/Frankford so I'm certain our paths will meet at some time. Looking on the bright side, we are now into January, April is getting closer. :Woohoo:

Hey guys, got my car in July i ordered the car through a local dealership first corvette for me love the car so far. 2019 artic white corvette 2lt Z51 7 speed with mag ride, carbon flash package, red interior. Thought I would share. Be a long winter this time around....
Love the color combo. Welcome!

Congratulations.....very nice Corvette. I'm like J&S-Z51 being that we would be similar in age and also first time Corvette owners. Unlike the two of you however, I don't physically have my car yet as my Corvette was ordered Oct. 04th and I'm anticipating an early April delivery, but I remain anxious as it still feels like a dream and not real!

I see from your photos you have a coupe and I note that you take the top off. Not wanting to hijack your post theme, and although I have reviewed some videos on YouTube, I am interested in hearing from you and forum members about the do's and don'ts relative to taking the top off and reinstalling it as I too ordered a coupe. I would hate to perform the task incorrectly and either damage the top or the car! Thanks in advance for the tips!

Cobra :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
Cobra the top comes off and goes on with ease. 2 levers in the front and one in the middle at the rear of the panel. The pins slide into the rear, so remove and install with this in mind. There are a ton of videos on this. Storage is easy and after a few times you will be slipping on some white gloves to keep the fingerprints off.
I lost mine already. Just remember to - Flip your visors first. (I often forget). Set the rear in first, slightly forward and then pull to the rear to engage the pins. Then simply press firmly down on the front and the panel will slide down and fully back into place. Lastly.... and most importantly. CLOSE THE 2 FRONT LEVERS AND LOCK IN THE REAR. Believe it or not, this has been an issue. People forgetting and losing the top at about 60 kph.

It will take you a couple tries to figure out the easiest method to handle the top as it's not as light as you may think with the trim and hardware. But once you have that figured out you're home free. You can store plenty of stuff under the top while stored in the back as well.

Moving the top on and off is literally a 1-minute operation.

You will love it.

D

Cobra the top comes off and goes on with ease. 2 levers in the front and one in the middle at the rear of the panel. The pins slide into the rear, so remove and install with this in mind. There are a ton of videos on this. Storage is easy and after a few times you will be slipping on some white gloves to keep the fingerprints off.
I lost mine already. Just remember to - Flip your visors first. (I often forget). Set the rear in first, slightly forward and then pull to the rear to engage the pins. Then simply press firmly down on the front and the panel will slide down and fully back into place. Lastly.... and most importantly. CLOSE THE 2 FRONT LEVERS AND LOCK IN THE REAR. Believe it or not, this has been an issue. People forgetting and losing the top at about 60 kph.

It will take you a couple tries to figure out the easiest method to handle the top as it's not as light as you may think with the trim and hardware. But once you have that figured out you're home free. You can store plenty of stuff under the top while stored in the back as well.

Moving the top on and off is literally a 1-minute operation.

You will love it.

D

The "white gloves" are a very good recommendation.......I'm definitely one of those anal type of people whereby everything has to be perfect and finger prints on my media screen on my Cadillac drives me crazy! I could just imagine seeing me driving down the road and looking up and seeing finger prints on my see through top only to piss off my wife by me stopping to clean them off ha ha.;)

Cobra

Cobra be very careful with that see-through top. It does scratch up very easily. They are cool to have and I enjoyed mine for the few months I had it.... but decided on the exposed carbon fiber one later.

Definitely, recommend the white gloves for handling it.

Reactions: Cobravenomous
Cobra be very careful with that see-through top. It does scratch up very easily. They are cool to have and I enjoyed mine for the few months I had it.... but decided on the exposed carbon fiber one later.

Definitely, recommend the white gloves for handling it.

So no paper towels and a must that any washing mitt is super clean and ensure to rinse the top vigorously so not to wash debris and then scratches into the top. Sounds like it requires a 100% cotton diaper cloth to dry after cleaning as well?

:Confused5:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.