Featured Thread
I'm going to Shadow tint in the spring, they replaced the damaged, poorly done (by someone else) wrap on the front end of my 2014, excellent job. Getting all windows and markers done. I believe the quote was around 340.00.

Reactions: ddgermann
My full roof panel Xpel was $240 + 5%gst (AB) by cheque by mobile application at my home.

My newly acquired carbon fibre stingray hood vent (only) was $60 cash (tax incl)
which is more labor than material (required 5 little 1"+/- wide pieces to fiddle with)

Mine is covered with one piece and it took 2 attempts to get it right. I had a good installer do it though. And yes the stuff is pre-cut out of a roll of stock to the different shapes on your car.
I found that seams will show up as more and more visible as time goes on so I insisted this one be done in 1 piece.

Reactions: YFCvii
Mine is covered with one piece and it took 2 attempts to get it right. I had a good installer do it though. And yes the stuff is pre-cut out of a roll of stock to the different shapes on your car.
I found that seams will show up as more and more visible as time goes on so I insisted this one be done in 1 piece.
Yes I was thinking that the splice I ended up with was because there was a paint ridge
in the valley just before the rail. (geez .. what the heck did I just write ?)
Good fortune on the roof I got but would have had better fortune if the rails were not painted.
It's still all good though ... even after seeing that yours is awesome :thumbs:

Yes it has a very soft inside liner Cobra.

The one available on the GM dealership website is identical to the one I got off eBay. Both in quality and price.
So if you have concerns just buy the OEM one from GM. 👍

So I'm a little confused, as I was reading the specs for the protective roof panel bag on GM's website and they provided the following description,

Packaging Specifications

Packaging Quantity1
Height7.9 in
Length26.5 in
Width16.6 in
Weight5.52lbs
UPC/GTIN00808709645535

So I guess my question is how does a panel that measures 53" x 34" fit?

Reactions: YFCvii
So I'm a little confused, as I was reading the specs for the protective roof panel bag on GM's website and they provided the following description,

Packaging Specifications

Packaging Quantity1
Height7.9 in
Length26.5 in
Width16.6 in
Weight5.52lbs
UPC/GTIN00808709645535

So I guess my question is how does a panel that measures 53" x 34" fit?
🤔My guess and hope would be that you will find “joy” once you take the bag out of the shipping box and unfold it. I wish I got a shipping box when I received mine as the accessory parts desk had it out to have me approve of it on receipt. 🤔

Reactions: Cobravenomous
🤔My guess and hope would be that you will find “joy” once you take the bag out of the shipping box and unfold it. I wish I got a shipping box when I received mine as the accessory parts desk had it out to have me approve of it on receipt. 🤔

As soon as I hit "post reply" it hit me that the photo is of the bag folded......ha ha!

some good reading on water spotting on Lexan roofs from our friends at autogeekonline
@Cobra--no reason to panic --the roof is very much worth the extra care :), but nice to be aware, and good practice to make it the first thing you dry after washing the car (which is never washed in direct sunlight!)

Water spot etching on Transparent, tinted roof panel for C7 Corvette coupe

some good reading on water spotting on Lexan roofs from our friends at autogeekonline
@Cobra--no reason to panic --the roof is very much worth the extra care :), but nice to be aware, and good practice to make it the first thing you dry after washing the car (which is never washed in direct sunlight!)

Water spot etching on Transparent, tinted roof panel for C7 Corvette coupe

Does the carbon fibre roof panel also have a Lexan surface as well? Also wouldn't having a good wax treatment at all times help to prevent the water spots?

I'm thinking the concern would be water on the roof left to bake in the sun. I guess I better carry a shammy with me at all times so that in the event that I'm on the road and hit rain and then sunshine, at least I can take two minutes and shammy the roof to avoid this concern.......that should work. Being this is not a daily driver, my car won't be left out unattended except when going out for dinner ha ha!

Also wanted to add this year I'm trying these out to hopefully deal with hard water spotting cheaply!
CAMCO RV water filters--bought a 2 pack on Amazon based on this:

This is a very interesting post Lupo. I know a couple guys who were headed out to buy a filter system for washing the cars.
This looks much easier and compact. 👍

Reactions: lupo
Does the carbon fibre roof panel also have a Lexan surface as well? Also wouldn't having a good wax treatment at all times help to prevent the water spots?

I'm thinking the concern would be water on the roof left to bake in the sun. I guess I better carry a shammy with me at all times so that in the event that I'm on the road and hit rain and then sunshine, at least I can take two minutes and shammy the roof to avoid this concern.......that should work. Being this is not a daily driver, my car won't be left out unattended except when going out for dinner ha ha!

Cobra--don't fret. For the most part, water spotting is due to hard water. Rain water is generally soft (or at least much softer than tap water) at least that's been my general understanding. The culprit here is your standard garden hose washing, followed by not drying, and baking in the hot sun. If you wash the car in shade and dry quickly you'll be good.

Cobra--don't fret. For the most part, water spotting is due to hard water. Rain water is generally soft (or at least much softer than tap water) at least that's been my general understanding. The culprit here is your standard garden hose washing, followed by not drying, and baking in the hot sun. If you wash the car in shade and dry quickly you'll be good.

Thanks Lupo.......I'm good then! I'm one of those guys that always washes in the shade and when none is available I move the car into my garage and wash it in there......and I always shammy the water off.

Cobra :)

Thanks Lupo.......I'm good then! I'm one of those guys that always washes in the shade and when none is available I move the car into my garage and wash it in there......and I always shammy the water off.

Cobra :)

You will be just fine if you’re doing the washing that way Cobra. My cars are black and I have to be careful washing them as the sun will burn in water spots really quick on the hood and the tops of the fenders especially. But with some planning and quick drying it’s not a problem.. so far.
If you get a water spot the quick detailer of your choice and a damp microfibre cloth gets them out fairly easily as well.
Enjoy 😊

Worse case scenario, dd will come over and dry it for you! :)

Be a bit of a drive but I’m usually up for a good road trip. 👍

I did buy a master blaster to dry the car and it works great. I don’t use it every time but it really blows the water off quick and the warm air dries the car spot free. In the sun though it actually makes it worse for spots. But on a cloudy day it is fantastic.

Reactions: Dantanman
Be a bit of a drive but I’m usually up for a good road trip. 👍

I did buy a master blaster to dry the car and it works great. I don’t use it every time but it really blows the water off quick and the warm air dries the car spot free. In the sun though it actually makes it worse for spots. But on a cloudy day it is fantastic.

I was actually was thinking of buying that unit.......ha ha. Very expensive though....and I do get good results with a shammy......however I also have a motorcycle and a blower would make that job nicer/easier.

Cobra

• Agree
Allow me to paraphrase as Spence is likely busy with family time now.

If you’re getting the dual roof option (see through and solid), there is a reasonably priced storage bag for the roof you do not have on the car.

2014-2019 C7 Corvette Genuine GM Roof Panel Storage Bag 23148691 | eBay

I got mine off eBay as well. Roof fits well and nicely protected.

Thanks for the link Derek......I just ordered my GM Storage Bag and got free shipping to Sault Michigan. Living in Sault Ontario has the perk of being able to not only get cheap gas, but also Amazon.com (US) simply blows away Amazon.ca (Canada). You'll often find the exact same thing on the US site for tremendous savings even after the exchange on our dollar. In this case I saved not only on the outright price of the product ($22-US less than the manufacturer) I also got free shipping sending it to a US package and freight company.

The item (Storage Bag) is described as new, the same item number as the GM manufacturer and the seller advises me that it is shipped in the factory box.

So not only am I future proofed for when my car and multiple roofs come in, but as well I saved a bunch!

Thanks again Derek!

Cobra. :)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.