welcome Victor, and great introduction!

I like your choices (hence my three blue cars) lol, and welcome to the forum!

One of forty-four? wow, what a score!

To answer your first question of sharp angle driveways and stuff is to take them at an angle until one of the front tires touches, and then carve the wheel. Don't ever get too close to a curb when front-parking it either. It is also really important to remember where your back wheel is too, because side skirts and wheels are also expensive. lol.

1 of 44? Yeah, you'll be careful.

You're going to love it. Be aware of the fact that your wife is going to get jealous, even if it is just a fleeting moment. And if you find that you need a good divorce lawyer, just let me know.

Seriously though, of course we all think you will love it, but please do stick around and tell us about the fun you have with it. This is a great community with a good bunch of car enthusiasts, Corvette or not.

Welcome Victor to CCF: good choice! All my vettes have been rag tops ( C4 & C5) except for my first one - a 79!! Enjoy the ride JCWP.

Welcome to "ownership" Victor and Thank You for sharing your experience with this awesome group of respectful peers. Your pics reflect more than one thousand words and the smiley on the SOLD sign is a reflection of every one of us not only for you but also in remembrance of ours. The BEST smile is always on the person with the keys in the reflection of the paint. Enjoy your Corvette when parked (when it has to be) and when cruising (because you want to be... ) Cheers!

Thank you Graham ! Here in the Greater Toronto Area , we are still getting a good blast of winter so the Dealer has allowed me to store it in the showroom temporarily until I can get it home. Likely in a covered trailer, possibly a week Monday and I plan to take some pics of the Big day!
I have really started to take notice of the poor condition of Toronto streets plus all the speed bumps on small residential streets. I have to learn my "safe for the vette streets"!
Victor

Nice car enjoy. As for the 50's something crowd (of which I also belong to). Sometimes the good things in life just take a little longer ... usually a money and/or priority challenge.:D
Thank you Tyho, you're right its been worth the wait. Can I ask what the M7 means on your cars description?
Victor

I'm a little late to the party but WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!! Glad you found us and finally got yourself into a Vette! Woo! Very nice looking ride!
Thank you Riley , You and the others have been very welcoming. I look forward to meeting many of the members and sharing in this great lifestyle.
I have to wait a little longer to drive it but am going to study and prepare for the ride of my life!
Victor

Reactions: Riley P
You should be driving your new baby by now... hope you are enjoying your first vette as much as I am..Welcome aboard....
Hello BDK, Thank you , yes I have had the car out a couple of times so far. Mainly due to my work and other things I haven't been able to get out much . The car runs like a top! As you recall , it has 21000 kms on it. I am getting used to the size of it and the power. It's plenty for me . I do appreciate members / owners wanting more power , acceleration and all those other performance enchancements. I do enjoy driving a machine like this one , plus it's a beautiful car top or down. This is the first car I have owned, that I don't Need to drive , I am getting used driving it when I Want to.
Having said that , I have two trips planned for this summer , one is Carlisle and the other is Watkins Glen .
I am still in search of the perfect garage, I currently rent a spot in a private residential garage that is fairly secure but not exactly what I need .
Anyway that's all for now , I hope to meet you and other owners at a show and shine or Cruise someday .
Victor

Reactions: nascar03
Bowling good luck with your continued garage search, must be a bit frustrating.

Watkins Glen and the entire Finger Lakes area is beautiful. If you can and time allows go north on the east side of Seneca Lake and spend some time in a place called Aurora. The sign leaving town says something like "you just imagined it" and it is truly, gorgeous spot. The town of Corning is another place to spend some time.

It was the first trip my wife and I took in our Corvette.

I like it there because if you have to you can be home in a day yet you feel a long way from home. And it is not far from one of my favourite places Oswego Speedway "Home of the Supermodifieds", Oswego, New York.

Have a great summer.:thumbs:

Last edited:
Hello everyone and thank you for letting me join the CCF.
My name is Victor , I have finally ,after 43 years of wanting a Vette, bought one!
In the beginning, I loved and dreamed of a 1969 Big Block Convertible with side pipes!
As I got older , there was always something preventing me from doing so. I'm sure this is a similar story for many owners.
When I started the search again in my early 50's, I started to struggle with which generation .
I love all Corvettes but deciding between a C3 and 5 or 6 wasn't easy.
My criteria went as follows; a convertible C6, Automatic, low kilometres ,original owner.
I didnt want a black ,red or yellow car.
I like the white, grey or blue.
Last week , I found a beautiful ,2010 Jetstream Blue ragtop!
The car has met all of my criteria!
I hope to post some pics once I have time.

Victor: one of my favorite vettes of all time is the 427 vert 1969: when I see a fully restored one on B.J. I can't stop yearning for one. A chap that belongs to the B.C.C.C. has one his wife bought new back in the day. I've owned a C3, 4, & 5 and now the latest, the C7. Welcome and enjoy your ride - great color choice by the way.

Hello BDK, Thank you , yes I have had the car out a couple of times so far. Mainly due to my work and other things I haven't been able to get out much . The car runs like a top! As you recall , it has 21000 kms on it. I am getting used to the size of it and the power. It's plenty for me . I do appreciate members / owners wanting more power , acceleration and all those other performance enchancements. I do enjoy driving a machine like this one , plus it's a beautiful car top or down. This is the first car I have owned, that I don't Need to drive , I am getting used driving it when I Want to.
Having said that , I have two trips planned for this summer , one is Carlisle and the other is Watkins Glen .
I am still in search of the perfect garage, I currently rent a spot in a private residential garage that is fairly secure but not exactly what I need .
Anyway that's all for now , I hope to meet you and other owners at a show and shine or Cruise someday .
Victor
I hope you can find a garage that meets your needs (close to home being the most important one in my mind). I as well understand the need for more power but have enough power in my ride. I just find the car fun to drive, with as much power as I require . Enjoy...
Bryan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.