Bowling

Casual User
Feb 6, 2017
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2010 Corvette Conv
Hello everyone and thank you for letting me join the CCF.
My name is Victor , I have finally ,after 43 years of wanting a Vette, bought one!
In the beginning, I loved and dreamed of a 1969 Big Block Convertible with side pipes!
As I got older , there was always something preventing me from doing so. I'm sure this is a similar story for many owners.
When I started the search again in my early 50's, I started to struggle with which generation .
I love all Corvettes but deciding between a C3 and 5 or 6 wasn't easy.
My criteria went as follows; a convertible C6, Automatic, low kilometres ,original owner.
I didnt want a black ,red or yellow car.
I like the white, grey or blue.
Last week , I found a beautiful ,2010 Jetstream Blue ragtop!
The car has met all of my criteria!
I hope to post some pics once I have time.

Reactions: 7thGenZ51
Victor. welcome to the Forum.
I'm glad you found YOUR car..
The search to find the right Corvette can be frustrating and yet fun.
It is part of the journey of ownership.

Congrats again.
Start with your questions. But first we need pictures of your new ride.

Graham

Welcome Victor... And thank you for joining CCF... As much of a thrill it is for you, it is a thrill for us as well each time a new member reflects the feeling many of us also had for a number of years and then.... as you, fulfilling our dreams... You have joined a special sports car fraternity that will be recognized by the perpetual smile on your face. Now... Post up some pictures of that sweet sounding C6.

Eric

.....Welcome to CCF Bowling. Congrats on your first Corvette. Hmmmm, how many door garage you got ? , you know that old dream of owning a 427 with the rumble of the side pipes will never go away !!!!!! .:D.

Hello everyone and thank you for letting me join the CCF.
My name is Victor , I have finally ,after 43 years of wanting a Vette, bought one!
In the beginning, I loved and dreamed of a 1969 Big Block Convertible with side pipes!
As I got older , there was always something preventing me from doing so. I'm sure this is a similar story for many owners.
When I started the search again in my early 50's, I started to struggle with which generation .
I love all Corvettes but deciding between a C3 and 5 or 6 wasn't easy.
My criteria went as follows; a convertible C6, Automatic, low kilometres ,original owner.
I didnt want a black ,red or yellow car.
I like the white, grey or blue.
Last week , I found a beautiful ,2010 Jetstream Blue ragtop!
The car has met all of my criteria!
I hope to post some pics once I have time.
IMG_8930.JPG
IMG_8931.jpeg
IMG_8932.jpeg
IMG_8934.jpeg
IMG_8935.jpeg
IMG_8936.jpeg
IMG_8930.JPG

.....Welcome to CCF Bowling. Congrats on your first Corvette. Hmmmm, how many door garage you got ? , you know that old dream of owning a 427 with the rumble of the side pipes will never go away !!!!!! .:D.
Thank you so much Xfire82 It took a long time to get my dream to reality.

Welcome Victor... And thank you for joining CCF... As much of a thrill it is for you, it is a thrill for us as well each time a new member reflects the feeling many of us also had for a number of years and then.... as you, fulfilling our dreams... You have joined a special sports car fraternity that will be recognized by the perpetual smile on your face. Now... Post up some pictures of that sweet sounding C6.

Eric
Thank you Rruuff , I'm keen to be a part of the group and now can do some trips , Bowling Green and Carlisle just to name a couple. pictures posted .

Welcome Victor ....
Welcome to the Forum ....
I love your choice Jetstream Blue ....
Look forward to seeing some pics ....
Thank you Bucks, Pics are up and according to the Black book , only 44 convertibles in 2010 painted Jetstream Blue, I'm very happy but still have to get the car delivered.

Victor. welcome to the Forum.
I'm glad you found YOUR car..
The search to find the right Corvette can be frustrating and yet fun.
It is part of the journey of ownership.

Congrats again.
Start with your questions. But first we need pictures of your new ride.

Graham
Thank you Graham , Pics are up , you are right the search was long and frustrating at times but the search taught me many things about Corvettes. Mind you I still have lots to learn. My first question , is how to avoid sharp angle driveway ramps and parking garages?

Reactions: nascar03
hahaha... Sharp driveways and ramps..... one nemesis of Corvettes... Unless you can avid them, approach at as sharp an entry angle as you can so one front tire starts up first. This starts to raise the car before you start to drag.... Not the cure-all but it helps.

Nice car enjoy. As for the 50's something crowd (of which I also belong to). Sometimes the good things in life just take a little longer ... usually a money and/or priority challenge.:D

Reactions: Bowling
Victor..
Your car looks awesome.
That SOLD sign is so cool, especially when you know it is for YOU!
Post that sign under the trunk lid so you see it for years and remember that happy day when you picked up your car. I have owned one of mine for 35 years and it still makes me smile. I can remember driving it off the lot and heading to my buddy's house with my wife following. (We were in our twenties)
Thanx for posting pics
Eric's(rruuffday) suggestion of approaching things on an angle will become a way-of-life for you from now on.
Graham

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.