Interesting question Cobra. I suppose technically they are all different models with the only thing common in the names is “Corvette”
I drive a C7 Z06 but would not be put off by someone calling it a Stingray. They all look basically the same so without an experienced eye it’s hard to tell at a glance... well except for the ZR1. That baby has a look of it’s own. But again if I drove one it wouldn’t bug me to have it called a Stingray either. 😂

Reactions: Cobravenomous
Interesting question Cobra. I suppose technically they are all different models with the only thing common in the names is “Corvette”
I drive a C7 Z06 but would not be put off by someone calling it a Stingray. They all look basically the same so without an experienced eye it’s hard to tell at a glance... well except for the ZR1. That baby has a look of it’s own. But again if I drove one it wouldn’t bug me to have it called a Stingray either. 😂

The reason for the question is because I'm looking at various personalized plate options and of course all the "goodies" are gone. I actually have "VENOMOUS" for my Mustang Cobra and for my ordered Z06 I was thinking of "Z06 RAY", but not any longer.

I have a plate in mind but with too many Z06 owners from Ontario on this forum I'll keep my selection a secret for now ha ha.

Cobra:cool:

The reason for the question is because I'm looking at various personalized plate options and of course all the "goodies" are gone. I actually have "VENOMOUS" for my Mustang Cobra and for my ordered Z06 I was thinking of "Z06 RAY", but not any longer.

I have a plate in mind but with too many Z06 owners from Ontario on this forum I'll keep my selection a secret for now ha ha.

Cobra:cool:

Totally agree Cobra. Have a friend here in AB that had a couple of choices plate all checked out with Licensing. He put his plate choices out there for the masses to comment on and when he went in to order his first choice a few days later, it was gone.

Reactions: Cobravenomous
So as stated I placed a large down payment on the Corvette and I have a GM print out of the agreed upon price, quoting model and options and although I don't have an actual bill of sale, I expect that when the car does come in there could be a slight difference in the final price which is understandable. The arrangement was that the car would be built with a spring delivery noting that we have long cold and snowy winters up here in the Soo however the dealer caught me in Canadian Tire last week and stated quite surprisingly to him that GM allowed 10 units to be built of which mine was one!

I don't know the circumstances of the 10 units because I would guess that there is no way they were destined for this dealer (Soo is a small town), however he said they successfully put a "stop build" on my car. The plan is for my car to be built for an April/May delivery.

They also told me they could co-ordinate that I could go to the factory to see my car being built. Has anyone else ever heard of this?

Cobra

Reactions: ddgermann
So as stated I placed a large down payment on the Corvette and I have a GM print out of the agreed upon price, quoting model and options and although I don't have an actual bill of sale, I expect that when the car does come in there could be a slight difference in the final price which is understandable. The arrangement was that the car would be built with a spring delivery noting that we have long cold and snowy winters up here in the Soo however the dealer caught me in Canadian Tire last week and stated quite surprisingly to him that GM allowed 10 units to be built of which mine was one!

I don't know the circumstances of the 10 units because I would guess that there is no way they were destined for this dealer (Soo is a small town), however he said they successfully put a "stop build" on my car. The plan is for my car to be built for an April/May delivery.

They also told me they could co-ordinate that I could go to the factory to see my car being built. Has anyone else ever heard of this?

Cobra

I think the National Corvette Museum has a program that you can tour both the museum and the factory assembly.

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
I was under the impression, probably wrongly, that the factory tours were suspended as something to due with the secrecy surrounding the C8. The other thing I heard was that you could help assemble your engine at the Buffalo engine plant?

I heard only closed until late 2018 or early 2019. Im guessing once the C8 debuts (likely at the NAIAS on January 12), the secrecy will be relaxed.

I heard only closed until late 2018 or early 2019. Im guessing once the C8 debuts (likely at the NAIAS on January 12), the secrecy will be relaxed.

That’s exactly what I heard too Eric. The plant will be opening up again for the build tours.
The engine build program is available for the Z06s and ZR1s. Not sure about the Stingrays. Hopefully yes. It’s a 5 K option. 😂

Reactions: Rruuff Day
For 5 k they better be supplying lunch too!

The flights and accommodation are on you and it comes with an engine badge that’s worth at least $6 and a video. So all in about 5k for me.
Personally I think it would be a cool experience if one planned on keeping this car for a very long time. I tend to not keep corvettes for very long so I’m out.

Question?

Although the C7 is comprised of four models being the Stingray, Grand Sport, Z06 and ZR1, with GM resurrecting the "Stingray" name for the C7 model what are your thoughts that all four models are actually all Corvette Stingrays, just that they are of differing versions?

Would it be wrong for an owner to state that for C7's that you own a "Corvette-Stingray ", a "Grand Sport-Corvette Stingray" or a "Z06-Corvette Stingray and finally a ZR1-Corvette Stingray"?

Cobra

So I'm browsing the GM site looking at accessories and look what I found! GM is referring to all models as Stingrays! Interesting to say the least.

IMG_1705.PNG

Well I received a phone call from the dealer last night and he informed me that my car was no longer factory coded at 1100 and I was now 3100-3300!

He stated that my car is scheduled for production May 06th. With that date, noting the car only takes 3 1/2 days to build, any ideas when I can expect it to arrive. In all my excitement I forgot to ask the dealer.....ha ha.;)

Factory hold time? Delivery time? Dealer prep time? When will the dealer call - when?

The excitement is building at a furious pace and the energy of anticipation over-bounds all other desires including sleep (ok, ok most desires). Add it all up and it equals a nervous eruption of joy! This is a wonderful interval Cobra; drink it in, eat it up and savour every day until that special moment when you slide into the seat and take a deep breath and think; THIS INCREDIBLE MACHINE IS MINE.

You are so lucky and we of the CCF are all lucky to help you share the joy.

.... oH OOOOOO .... carbon fibre has just begun
... saying from experience
(that guy is a bad influence) 🤣
5FC69ACA-646D-4343-9ABD-CAA5D5DBEA6F.jpeg
But it does look sweet on LBR (and yes ... on Black tooooooo)
Here is something similar to what you will eventually see ... :thumbs:
45B0C3EA-BA02-40D2-B47B-89D8F8BD4E27.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.