Oct 8, 2018
Northern Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Z06 3LZ LBR-MT
Province
ON
Last Thursday I placed an order on a 2019 Z06, 3LZ in Long Beach Red. Options include competition seats, transparent roof, CAI and chrome wheels. The dealer stated that GM will not deliver a Corvette in the winter months up here in Northern Ontario so I won't receive the car until April-May next spring which is okay with me. I placed a huge down payment on the car, more for my satisfaction than anything else (comfort level....I'm still pinching myself) as the dealer said they didn't even need a down payment from me as I've been a loyal long standing customer. The down payment supposedly does however secure the interest rate for the eventual residual amount being financed. With the US last week raising their Prime Rate I'm worried that interest rates are only going to go up.

I've wanted a Corvette since I was a little kid. My first experience sitting in one was back in 69 at a dealer in Detroit (down for a baseball game) and I remember it was gold in colour, and oh so awesome. Twenty years ago when my wife said okay go buy your sports car, I wanted a Corvette but having two small children the condition was that the car must have a back seat so I settled on a Mustang Cobra, hence my forum name.

One question I have is I expect that small curbs and even speed bumps may strike the front chin spoiler....any comments or advise would be appreciated. I'm one of those guys that really takes care of my purchases (pride of ownership) and marks will absolutely kill me ha ha!

Cobra

Reactions: YFCvii
Last Thursday I placed an order on a 2019 Z06, 3LZ in Long Beach Red. Options include competition seats, transparent roof, CAI and chrome wheels. The dealer stated that GM will not deliver a Corvette in the winter months up here in Northern Ontario so I won't receive the car until April-May next spring which is okay with me. I placed a huge down payment on the car, more for my satisfaction than anything else (comfort level....I'm still pinching myself) as the dealer said they didn't even need a down payment from me as I've been a loyal long standing customer. The down payment supposedly does however secure the interest rate for the eventual residual amount being financed. With the US last week raising their Prime Rate I'm worried that interest rates are only going to go up.

I've wanted a Corvette since I was a little kid. My first experience sitting in one was back in 69 at a dealer in Detroit (down for a baseball game) and I remember it was gold in colour, and oh so awesome. Twenty years ago when my wife said okay go buy your sports car, I wanted a Corvette but having two small children the condition was that the car must have a back seat so I settled on a Mustang Cobra, hence my forum name.

One question I have is I expect that small curbs and even speed bumps may strike the front chin spoiler....any comments or advise would be appreciated. I'm one of those guys that really takes care of my purchases (pride of ownership) and marks will absolutely kill me ha ha!

Cobra
Don't be overly concerned with speed bumps--just use common sense and slow down when you see any significant grade variation. There is ample ground clearance on these cars considering how low they sit. I have the Z07 Stage 3 aero and no problems for me so far thankfully. You will have front curb cameras which are very helpful when parking. Without them I would have considered that a much bigger concern than ground clearance.

Welcome Cobra.
Congratulations you bought a very fun Corvette.
I have the stage 3 aero as well and it’s no problem. If you have a doubt just crank the wheels and take it on a sharp angle. I haven’t rubbed on any speed bumps, gutters onto driveways yet. Marcello is 100% correct with the front parking cameras. They will save you. Your cars front splitter will not clear any parking curbs so the cameras are gold.
You can spend the winter gathering all your Corvette bling.
Looking forward to seeing some photos when you finally grab hold of that Z.
Derek

Welcome .... every winter is a long “long beach” winter for me too. While you are waiting please research the Corvette Owners School that also offers an opportunity for a few extra nights in Las Vegas too. Lots written on this Forum and you have 1 year + your wait for your VIN to budget and register. It takes Corvette Ownership to a level that is hard to imagine (regardless of your driving style). It will help you fit right into that competition pilot’s seat knowing a lot right from your first corners driven. 😁👍🏻

Welcome Cobra
I dreamed for many a year as well before finally getting mine.
Scraping the underside depends on several factors besides the height. One of them being weight "in" the car. I can clear some nearby speed bumps on my own but will scrape the underside it we are two.
If your front end is a rubber air dam then a little scrapping is just a warning to be careful. Some times you may find it better to back in to a driveway as the back end has more clearance. Such as I back in my garage but the front end still scrapes a bit. I just don't feel so bad about it.
As to curb appeal, the best way to get in to a slot with a high curb is once you have committed to the slot then stop, shift to rear to engage the rear camera and then shift back in to drive. The front cameras will come on and you will see the nose to curb distance. Almost wreaked my front end in the first week pulling in to a slot. Had about one inch left before the front end would have been damaged.
Lots of good guys on here.

Reactions: Cobravenomous
  • Wow
Reactions: ddgermann
I just got my Z51 in late August. One of the best things I did while I was waiting was order "The Seventh Generation of Americas Sport Car Corvette Stingray" by Larry Edsall. I got it from Amazon for around $35. This book was published in 2013 so it has no information in it about your car but this will help you pass time over the winter. I have reread this book several times already. It really gives you an appreciation of the thought and design effort that went into this car. This may sound funny, but I think that I enjoy my car more just knowing the development history and the attention to detail that the designers took in the making of the car.

Cobra
Hi and welcome . I live way up North in Timmins , the roads here are appalling at best , I got my car wrapped with XPEL , however I already had some stone chips due to the gravel grit and sand on he roads here . I avoid speed bumps at all costs , I scrapped the front spoiler on mine due to poor angle when exiting the local Liquor store lol , I even went out at a 45 degree angle and still hit . However , these cars are a blast to drive , have fun :)

Reactions: Cobravenomous
Cobra, welcome to the CCF and soon-to-be driving the greatest car ever. We have all dreamed of being a Vette owner and when it happens it is an a wonderful sense of excitement. I am fairly new here and can attest that this forum is a very welcoming place and a great source for advice. Your new baby will be amazing and I just can't imagine how the waiting will make your winter that much longer in the Soo. Go to Vegas and Rent-a-Vette for a few days to help you through the darkest days :Arghh:. I respect your patience - I have none!
Don't fret about ground clearance - just be reasonably cautious and avoid aggressive speed bumps. I have the aero package too and have not encountered any problems. The lowest parts on the front end are the tire fairings which are rubber and they flex when touching a speed bump or small driveway variation.
Oh you lucky, lucky man with a very understanding wife. For years I would say that I will purchase my Vette when I win the lottery. A couple of months ago my wife of 51 years, recognized a late life crisis and said why don't by the Vette now and pay for it when you win the lottery. :) So I took her very wise advice and like you, applied a sizable down payment and we put the rest on the never-never plan. I could not wait for a 2019 car and picked up a new 2017 coupe from stock in Ottawa. There was a very good choice of cars and this one touched all my excitement buttons; 3LT Z51 with a load of options.

I am going to book the Corvette School for February. I have been speaking to Jennifer, who seems to be in charge of booking etc., and she was very helpful. I think for the Z06 you have to pay a little extra and also there are fewer spaces. Your wife can go free as a passenger in the car so my wife and I are going to spend a few extra days in the area and make it a mini holiday. Timing is a bit of a dilemma because February is a great month for a vacation when you live in Canada but it is also quite a long time from using your own car. From what I hear, and I may be way wrong here, but what you learn at the Corvette school doesn't have a lot of application on the road. It just sounds like a lot of fun for a really cheap price.

I am going to book the Corvette School for February. I have been speaking to Jennifer, who seems to be in charge of booking etc., and she was very helpful. I think for the Z06 you have to pay a little extra and also there are fewer spaces. Your wife can go free as a passenger in the car so my wife and I are going to spend a few extra days in the area and make it a mini holiday. Timing is a bit of a dilemma because February is a great month for a vacation when you live in Canada but it is also quite a long time from using your own car. From what I hear, and I may be way wrong here, but what you learn at the Corvette school doesn't have a lot of application on the road. It just sounds like a lot of fun for a really cheap price.

That’s a great plan. I went at the end of March this year and enjoyed every second of the school. Yes you really get to see what the Z06 can do. And also yes most lessons are focused on the track aspects and how to use the car to it’s full potential. This will give you much more confidence when driving into a twisty set of corners for sure. However there are good practical sessions where you use the anit-lock breaking and wet skid pad to make you understand the active handling in a possible everyday driving situation. So all in all a great course and doing it before picking up your new corvette makes perfect sense. 👍

Question?

Although the C7 is comprised of four models being the Stingray, Grand Sport, Z06 and ZR1, with GM resurrecting the "Stingray" name for the C7 model what are your thoughts that all four models are actually all Corvette Stingrays, just that they are of differing versions?

Would it be wrong for an owner to state that for C7's that you own a "Corvette-Stingray ", a "Grand Sport-Corvette Stingray" or a "Z06-Corvette Stingray and finally a ZR1-Corvette Stingray"?

Cobra

I am probably the wrong guy to answer this question but I will put my two cents in. I have the 2017 Corvette brochure where the Grand Sport is introduced. I went from cover to cover and there is never a mention of a Z06 Stingray or Grand Sport Stingray. They are always quite separate. So technically I would say no but in every day terms and depending on your audience I don't think it would be wrong to call your Z06 a Z06 Stingray. In essence they are just different versions of the base Stingray and to 90% of the public they are all the same.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.