Very professional wrap by Renoson in Saanichton, Vancouver Island

Attachments

• IMG_0503.jpeg
    IMG_0503.jpeg
    206.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0508.jpeg
    IMG_0508.jpeg
    227.7 KB · Views: 0
Looks great! Just curious as to what makes it “very professional “ since it’s a professional business? Lol (I know you meant to say fabulous wrap!)
I didn’t post all of the photos . They disassembled the rear camera housing and venting around the rear glass. They went well beyond the DIY videos posted on line. So yes it was professionally done and yes they are a professional business. Thank you for correcting me Mr curious.

Reactions: Johnny21C8
Very professional wrap by Renoson in Saanichton, Vancouver Island
First, let me say that your car looks great.
It's obvious they did a fine job for you.
I am still struggling with the cost/benefit involved in having this 'wrap' done.
I find it hard to believe that it will thwart the damages caused by a stone thrown from another vehicle.
Also, while I do like the ceramic coatings for their water shedding properties, how can they be expected to properly adhere to the paint, now covered over by the wrap?
I know this has been covered a zillion times, and is a matter of opinion, blah, blah, blah.
Just curious what the deciding factor is for people, and how many actually get it done vs not.

First, let me say that your car looks great.
It's obvious they did a fine job for you.
I am still struggling with the cost/benefit involved in having this 'wrap' done.
I find it hard to believe that it will thwart the damages caused by a stone thrown from another vehicle.
Also, while I do like the ceramic coatings for their water shedding properties, how can they be expected to properly adhere to the paint, now covered over by the wrap?
I know this has been covered a zillion times, and is a matter of opinion, blah, blah, blah.
Just curious what the deciding factor is for people, and how many actually get it done vs not.
I will be applying HALO film coating over the PPF and Vinyl wrap. This product was reviewed by "Pan the Organizer" on Youtube and has excellent gloss and water shedding properties. For me, the Wrap is purely cosmetic. However, the PPF is to aid in protection. The best protection is prevention, so will try to use the 2 second rule when travelling on HWYs

I had mine covered in Xpel Ultimate Plus which has a self healing quality.
Interesting to watch them scratch it with a "gently" with a wire brush, apply hot water and see the scratches disappear.
Then Fusion Plus Ceramic Coating applied on top of the wrap...Have three hits from what I assume are rocks and a fourth on the passenger mirror.
That one I saw but I didn't here it hit so I think it was a piece of wood. Left a decent scratch.
Paint is okay but the wrap has a few very minor "cuts"

I had mine covered in Xpel Ultimate Plus which has a self healing quality.
Interesting to watch them scratch it with a "gently" with a wire brush, apply hot water and see the scratches disappear.
Then Fusion Plus Ceramic Coating applied on top of the wrap...Have three hits from what I assume are rocks and a fourth on the passenger mirror.
That one I saw but I didn't here it hit so I think it was a piece of wood. Left a decent scratch.
Paint is okay but the wrap has a few very minor "cuts"
I'm having the same Xpel applied. Really good to hear how well it worked! I think it's a great investment if we want to keep the car long term, for being so low to the ground it can be a rock magnet. How has the Fusion plus worked out for you? I really like your 2 tone interior...same as mine!

I'm having the same Xpel applied. Really good to hear how well it worked! I think it's a great investment if we want to keep the car long term, for being so low to the ground it can be a rock magnet. How has the Fusion plus worked out for you? I really like your 2 tone interior...same as mine!
It works okay with just water and rain. Water just beads off. I use my car year round so it can accumulate quite a bit of dirt/grime especially when the chinooks arrive here. All the vehicles here are the same color after a chinook - a light brown from the sand/gravel/dirt/melted snow on the roads. That stuff does not bead off even with a lot of water. I have to apply lots of soap and water before I use the brush with soap at the car wash. Way cheaper to wash the C8 than my truck. I bought the car to drive and enjoy not for it to be a garage queen.

Lol . I was being facetious . Many opinions as to the best approach as usual. Some say apply ceramic first, some say PPF first. From a cost standpoint and perhaps with an eye toward resale down the road you could apply PPF only and at a later date remove it, prep the paint and then apply the Ceramic . The vehicle now looks better than factory fresh. It’s not really that hard to wash a car and the exercise can’t hurt either.

It works okay with just water and rain. Water just beads off. I use my car year round so it can accumulate quite a bit of dirt/grime especially when the chinooks arrive here. All the vehicles here are the same color after a chinook - a light brown from the sand/gravel/dirt/melted snow on the roads. That stuff does not bead off even with a lot of water. I have to apply lots of soap and water before I use the brush with soap at the car wash. Way cheaper to wash the C8 than my truck. I bought the car to drive and enjoy not for it to be a garage queen.
20210106_153117.jpg

You mean like this?

• Indifferent
Reactions: Vettenut
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread