Wow, congrats
Ya...kind of an expensive month. I just traded the 15 for the 17 a couple days ago and figure its win / win. If the ZR1 isn't available in the color I want or is priced out of reality I'm very happy with the 17. They really are not saying much on this car. I pressed them pretty hard to confess some details but they insist they know nothing. I won't mention the dealer but let's just say they are a big one for Corvette in the Edmonton area.
I hope it works out and I get this car the way I want it.... if not, the wife will get a new Caddy with the deposit. Again...win/win. haha

Reactions: Riley P
The dealer will know very little and this is no different than any other new release. When the Z06 was released there were countless dealers that never even knew they weren't getting allocations, leaving hundreds of people without their deposit being returned for several months. At the end of the first cycle, GM was pressed to bring in several more Z06's (there were only 28 to Canada originally of which I got one) because of the mismanagement that was. Still, I know a number who were without their $5000 deposit from before Christmas until the following May/June 15.

The ZR-1 is coming. It is part of the GM marketing plan. First we had the Z06, now we have the more track capable Camaro ZL-1 and next the ZR-1 will top that, followed by the 3 versions of the mid-engine. All the while, the Z06 will remain with its current popularity. I have an allocation guaranteed with a large auto group... but pricing will be key. No matter though... 47000km on this Z and just back from the Virginias last weekend, following the Shenandoahs. Love driving it.

Ya...kind of an expensive month. I just traded the 15 for the 17 a couple days ago and figure its win / win. If the ZR1 isn't available in the color I want or is priced out of reality I'm very happy with the 17. They really are not saying much on this car. I pressed them pretty hard to confess some details but they insist they know nothing. I won't mention the dealer but let's just say they are a big one for Corvette in the Edmonton area.
I hope it works out and I get this car the way I want it.... if not, the wife will get a new Caddy with the deposit. Again...win/win. haha

As per @AllFlash here's hoping GM gets the allocations right this time or at the very least better. I totally believe that the dealers know little to nothing on new models. I also have a feeling it'll be the Z06, ZL1 story over again. Less than 50 ZL1s made it up here last I heard but not really following the Camaro news closely. Keep pressing them and be prepared to pull your deposit and call around to other dealers in and out of province when allocations are awarded.

@AllFlash and Nik. Clearly you guys are far more savvy with this than myself. I do appreciate the insight. Fully agree the dealer was no help at all in shedding any light on the subject.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge on this. I also tried the large auto group that I leased my vehicles from in the past. Very eager but not much else. Some story about Corvettes not being available to them for leasing. No problem... I'm going to sit back and watch how it all shakes out in the next months and see how good this dealer really is. My initial feeling now is the cars may be priced over the moon which is fine if there is substantially more to the upgrade than simply horsepower. Frankly my Z is plenty for me now and if I simply want more horsepower later....it's a reasonably cheap and reliable add on for the Z. I'm sure lots of people are going to benefit from your information if they are aggressively going after one of these wicked cars.
I'm kind of new to the Corvette scene as I have spent the last number of years buried in Hummers...but I am enjoying the process, meeting people and discovering the Corvette.

D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread